: LS-2 Flywheel

6 SPEED Z
09-26-11, 12:47 PM
Will an LS-2 Flywheel fit a LS-6 motor?

Thanks

PISNUOFF
09-27-11, 07:45 AM
I believe they are the same. But, I don't know why anyone would want to ever put a stock dual mass flywheel on a V when the LS7 is available.

6 SPEED Z
09-27-11, 01:52 PM
I should of explained it better. A friend has a LS-2 flywheel and LS-7 clutch/PP on a 4th gen LS CAMARO, and I am asking if that set-up will work on my LS-6 V!

Thanks

PISNUOFF
09-27-11, 02:53 PM
Sorry, I was assuming that you were talking about the stock dual mass flywheel from an LS2 V. All LS flywheels, except LSA and LS9 because they have 8 bolts, will fit on your motor.

I'm guessing your friend's LS2 flywheel is from a Corvette. If that's the case, I believe that is the 'LS7' setup that we use in our cars along with the corvette slave that is the longer than the stock CTS-V slave.

6 SPEED Z
09-28-11, 07:20 AM
So will that set-up work or will have to change the slave cylinder, and should I go ahead and get it from him?

PISNUOFF
09-28-11, 12:43 PM
Your stock slave cylinder will not work without a spacer. I'm not sure which one he has installed, but the one you need is part number 24237634 if you do not want to purchase a spacer. I would always change out the slave whenever I swap out a clutch, it's only $175 for 24237634 and a pain in the butt to change if it happens to go bad. The stock slave cylinder is over $250 and the spacer is $100.

If you do get it from him, can you let me know what slave cylinder he is using and if he is running a spacer or not? I'd appreciate it as I have an LS7 setup in my basement that I want to install in my buddy's '02 SS Camaro.

6 SPEED Z
09-29-11, 07:38 AM
That I don't know, the car is still together and he is tearing it apart to do the hybird 4 gen roller under a 1st gen body, should be a wild project, anyway I will get with him and find out, and yea always change the slave, I am still all stock in the clutch area anyway, just looks like his set-up might be a good deal and local as well.