: 1972 coupe deville brakes issue straight to the floor

jjack79
09-26-11, 10:55 AM
Ok need some assistance on this one had rear brakes done over 4 months ago shoes ,cylinders,spring kit. brake lines replaced. So like 2 weeks ago my pedal started going to the floor sometime they pump up but goes right back to the floor. Last weekend replaced front calipers, pads,and rotors bleed the front system and master cylinder and still the pedal travels to the floor. Am i overlooking something there is no fulid that i can see dripping anywhere and master cylinder is full.

IPOITRA
09-26-11, 11:17 AM
I would look at a new master cylinder after checking that there is no air in the system .

MoistCabbage
09-26-11, 02:07 PM
:yeah:

CADforce69
09-26-11, 04:47 PM
I would look at a new master cylinder after checking that there is no air in the system .

Thatīs right. Sometimes the gaskets inside the master cylinder are worn or damaged by time. Others itīs the cylinder itself which is scratched inside... Or maybe both cases. Fortunately itīs not an expensive part.

Mark 78 Coupe
09-27-11, 06:20 PM
Just be sure to bench bleed it before you put it in the car-it will save you hours of bleeding each wheel cylinder!! And, as previously stated, they are cheap. I put one on my 78 a few months ago, and I think it was about $40, and it was new, not rebuilt. Get a good one, like I did at NAPA, not some junk from Autozone.