: Anyone know how much the Ciel will retail for?!

Pyromaniac
09-26-11, 04:32 AM
http://www.netcarshow.com/cadillac/2011-ciel_concept/800x600/wallpaper_06.htm

I'm absolutely in love!!! I love my CTS, and would have only traded it in for a CTS-V Sedan, but now I think this is my new dream car...WOW! Anyone know what the sticker would be on this thing?!

M5eater
09-26-11, 08:38 AM
Take a guess.

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/20943000/ngbbs4ba8d3ddc9117.jpg

The press-releases I've seen state it would compete with Bently and Rolls. So that should give you a ball-park if you consider Cadillac to be the value luxury of the world.

Pyromaniac
09-26-11, 08:45 AM
Yikes! I knew it had to be too good to be true. If it's competing with $250,000 Bentleys and $400,000 Rolls, I'm assuming it's at least $100,000. Makes sense though since it's a convertible and not many average people would spend $40,000-$70,000 on something they can only drive on a nice sunny day. Makes more sense to make it for the rich folk who can spare $120,000 on weekend car. Still can't wait to see one on the highway though!

Pyromaniac
09-26-11, 08:47 AM
For the record, I think this car looks much better than any Bentley Coupe or even the Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe. And a 450HP Hybrid is definitely the way to go!

HansK
09-26-11, 09:00 AM
I'll be the first one to disagree, I hate it. That's just me though. They need another convertible, I am really hoping the new CTS/ATS lines have a convertible option. I know the XLR was a slight failure, but if they really want to comete w/ other luxury lines they need a convertible. A high end limited production vehicle is not the answer.

M5eater
09-26-11, 09:20 AM
I'll be the first one to disagree, I hate it. That's just me though. They need another convertible, I am really hoping the new CTS/ATS lines have a convertible option. I know the XLR was a slight failure, but if they really want to comete w/ other luxury lines they need a convertible. A high end limited production vehicle is not the answer.

The coupe would be the most likely to become a convertiable I would think. That said, 4 passenger sedan retro-fitted convertiables just don't bring in cash. Cadillac needs a A4/3series/C Class competitor, not a half-way inbetween like the CTS is right now. Priorities first; the ATS needs to get here and cause a fuss, and the CTS needs to grow up before we can start talking about niche markets.

HansK
09-26-11, 09:23 AM
The coupe would be the most likely to become a convertiable I would think. 4 passenger convertiables have not done well in the American market, infact Audi and mercedes don't even offer 4-passenger convertiables anymore.

I would love a CTS-V coupe convertible. I wouldn't mind buying my mid-life crisis vehicle a little early ;)

M5eater
09-26-11, 09:35 AM
I would love a CTS-V coupe convertible. I wouldn't mind buying my mid-life crisis vehicle a little early ;)

i tried to ninja-edit, but the A5 is a 4 passenger convertible, and so was the out-going A4 Cab so I need to correct myself there.

MotownPimp
09-26-11, 05:09 PM
I'll bet it never sees production.

RippyPartsDept
09-26-11, 05:20 PM
ATS will have a convertible (i am told)

The Ciel is way to far out to have a price range

and I think when the Ciel does hit production it will probably not be in a convertible ... maybe (it would be nice) but thinking practically/rationally and by past experience that would be something they will probably drop from the concept

HansK
09-26-11, 06:54 PM
The coupe would be the most likely to become a convertiable I would think. That said, 4 passenger sedan retro-fitted convertiables just don't bring in cash. Cadillac needs a A4/3series/C Class competitor, not a half-way inbetween like the CTS is right now. Priorities first; the ATS needs to get here and cause a fuss, and the CTS needs to grow up before we can start talking about niche markets.

I fully agree, doesn't change that I want it and I want it now :)

JimmyH
09-26-11, 07:00 PM
moved to ciel

Pyromaniac
09-26-11, 08:59 PM
Just realized I put "retain" and not "retail." Anyway, I'm still very much in love with this car. It looks nothing like anything I've ever seen before. Personally, I'm not a fan of the small convertible type cars like the BMW 3 Series Converibles, or the Audi's or whatever. I don't even much like the Mustang Convertibles. They remind me of girly cars (not to be sexist) lol. I love the old school Impala & Cadillac convertibles those were really nice and elegant cars. I doubt they would change the Ciel so it's not a convertible anymore, because the inspiration for it was the California Coast, and it's named "Sky." I will have to disagree that it won't sell. You see Bentley Coupe's all the time, and this looks much better than any of those, in my opinion, and likely would be cheaper. You definitely won't see any average people riding around in this, but I think it would do extremely well among the group who buys vehicles in that price range. I am very impressed by Cadillac with this. I don't think I've ever seen a car as beautiful as this. It has the length and lines of a classic 1960s convertible, yet the feel of luxury, and modern technology. Still my dream car by far! Too bad I would feel bad owning a $100,000+ car that I can only drive in good weather unless I own a $200,000 daily driver. One can dream though, right?!

JimmyH
09-26-11, 09:17 PM
fixed the title.

the only problem with large convertibles is they have no chassis integrity.

brothleutner
09-27-11, 12:51 AM
The other problem is they are even uglier with the top up. I'm not a fan of convertibles anyway, but soft tops are the worst. I saw a Bentley "drophead" coupe the other day with it's top up, man, what a way to ruin a car. It didn't help the car was dark purple and the top was navy blue either.

RippyPartsDept
09-27-11, 10:06 AM
http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Cadillac-Ciel-626x346.jpg

via: http://blog.caranddriver.com/cadillac-ciel-sedan-rendered-putting-a-top-on-caddys-stunning-droptop-concept/

JimmyH
09-27-11, 04:32 PM
I love convertibles. As long as they are small 2-seaters that aren't big enough to suffer from cowl shake.

Pyromaniac
09-28-11, 02:54 AM
Wow, the potential flagship looks incredible as well. I still think I like the convertible better, but hey, if it really came down to it, I would buy the flagship because it's more practical. That would be one sick Cadi.

thebigjimsho
10-01-11, 07:44 PM
I'm guessing the flagship sedan would start well under $100G. The convertible, I'd guess would be over $100G. even the XLR-V, which was disgustingly overpriced, sold a few...

nguyennhatquang
11-01-11, 10:30 PM
i hope they will put a V12 in IT..:D

Harry_Wild
01-26-12, 06:50 PM
I'll bet it never sees production.

From the past concepts; anything that is sure to sell big time; usually gets "CANNED" after the hype is at the peak! Cannot explain it but that the way it is in the past for GM and its concept cars. The only one that made it recently was the Camaro.

nerddason
06-03-12, 04:08 PM
The production model will come with flat black plastic all over it and pretty much resemble nothing on this vehicle. lol