: 1990 Brougham level ride issue

SLS96
09-26-11, 01:29 AM
Just noticed that the drivers side air shock in the back is leaking oil and air. The level light is staying on now as it didn't before. I would like to keep the stock air ride ac delco parts would i have to order these online or could menike source them locally? Also how much am I looking at labor wise for both to be replaced? Other than that the car has a remote starter, sometimes when i remote start it, it starts than overcranks anyone have an idea why that would happen? Thanks for the help!:)

Got the car with 90K now im around 94k I had the rear diff oil changed at Valvoline they said it looked quite dirty, whats a good timeframe to change the rear diff oil they mentioned 7000 miles?

SLS96
09-26-11, 01:36 AM
Also they mentioned the fuel filter looked rusted. forgot to mention the autostart is a audiovox pro2t.

csbuckn
09-26-11, 09:24 AM
I've had two remote starts and both of them over cranked the motor, never found out why, it was about a half a second too long.

SLS96
09-26-11, 12:11 PM
I've had two remote starts and both of them over cranked the motor, never found out why, it was about a half a second too long.

Hmmm maybe there is a wire they forgot to connect ? Damn you have the 500 in your brougham how much faster is that?

csbuckn
09-26-11, 09:38 PM
I think the remote start has a certain rpm it needs to hit before it stops but I don't know.

The 500 is a beast...in pieces right now.

BigCadMan_1
09-27-11, 06:27 PM
Remote starters have preset timing values, if the comp dose not detect timing spark it will try to restart again. Most starting units are two time start's some three. Rear shocks on your car are a 2hrs job max, Delco is good but these will do as well: http://catalog.monroe.com/catalogPart/monroePartSearchFromECatalog.do?partKey=238821&partNumber=MA819&catalogKey=323&methodName=initialiseMonroe&catalogCode=monroe&locale=EN&loadStatus=ACTIVE