: Had an incident. OnStar got involved...

thebigjimsho
09-25-11, 10:46 PM
I was driving around yesterday and had someone riding with me. I had to swerve hard and hit the brakes and then it happened.

OnStar called and asked if anyone was injured. I said no. The woman indicated concern since she knew there had been an accident. No doubt she would be sending an ambulance and police in a moment's notice. Which I appreciated. But it wasn't necessary. We were fine. But the V?

That was fine, too. I was autocrossing the V yesterday with Track Club USA and I had a Viper driver along for the ride to show him how to take certain lines. It was a fast, large course but the last 2 gates were a hard left right transition and a hard braking zone as you hit the finish. As I did that last section, I heard the sound of OnStar being contacted by the car. It was awesome. And I had been taking video most of the day. I had videos of 7 of the 9 runs I did. And, of course, that run was one of the two runs I didn't get video on. p00p.

MotownPimp
09-25-11, 11:37 PM
Two ways to look at events like this.

1) Big bro is looking over your shoulder all the time.
2) If you have a problem help is very close by.

I'll vote for #2. It takes a bit of getting used to but seems like a good thing.

odla
09-26-11, 07:14 AM
i have had good experiences with onstar each time i need them. Make the wife feel better that she has it.

All this talk of video and you dont post it up? Almost like your a noob. LOL

mberisha
09-26-11, 08:58 AM
Yeah....n00b....where's the vids!? :hide:

smackdownCTSV
09-26-11, 09:40 AM
Vids or it didn't happen.

thebigjimsho
09-26-11, 09:59 AM
I am woefully out of shape and it showed after shagging cones, as, after getting home from my brother's after the auto-x, I collapsed into bed. Sunday is foosball day so that's that. I'll get vids of the auto-x up when I can...

RippyPartsDept
09-26-11, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8As1zshWxn0

kind of like what happened to this guy?

thebigjimsho
09-26-11, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I was telling the d00d in the car with me about the Hennessey video...

JimmyH
09-26-11, 01:19 PM
I am woefully out of shape and it showed after shagging cones, as, after getting home from my brother's after the auto-x, I collapsed into bed. Sunday is foosball day so that's that. I'll get vids of the auto-x up when I can...

That is the only downside to autocross. There was one point where like three cars in a row all took out a line of cones. And they were all about 100 feet or so apart. After running top speed to reset them, I thought I was gonna pass out.
The last one was painfully unorganized. All the "vets" were sitting over by the timing table doing, I don't know, paper shuffling as their worker assignment. While maybe 10 n00bs had to spread out and reset hundreds of cones. It really pissed me off. I wanted to say something, but I held my tongue.
Next time, I am NOT running like that. Folks will just have to drive around fallen cones until I get to them. F 'em.

thebigjimsho
09-26-11, 07:21 PM
That is the only downside to autocross. There was one point where like three cars in a row all took out a line of cones. And they were all about 100 feet or so apart. After running top speed to reset them, I thought I was gonna pass out.
The last one was painfully unorganized. All the "vets" were sitting over by the timing table doing, I don't know, paper shuffling as their worker assignment. While maybe 10 n00bs had to spread out and reset hundreds of cones. It really pissed me off. I wanted to say something, but I held my tongue.
Next time, I am NOT running like that. Folks will just have to drive around fallen cones until I get to them. F 'em.With our group if the cones weren't set or there was any confusion on the radio, you gave them a rerun if the driver chose. After many reruns(as would be your case), those old vets would need to get off their duffs or let the event die...

nsaness
09-26-11, 07:56 PM
Awesome Jim, simply awesome... If I can get to an event where you are, I need you to teach me to drive my V better. Keep driving that girl like she was made to be driven!

JimmyH
09-26-11, 08:15 PM
With our group if the cones weren't set or there was any confusion on the radio, you gave them a rerun if the driver chose. After many reruns(as would be your case), those old vets would need to get off their duffs or let the event die...

I would prefer to see them get off their duffs.