: Pahrump Cadillac V-Series Performance Academy

Fireverm
09-25-11, 04:31 PM
Any body going to the Cadillac V-Series Performance Academy at Pahrump in October? I think I'm going.

6speeder
09-25-11, 04:47 PM
I wish. I'm on the waiting list. :(

Fireverm
09-25-11, 08:21 PM
I wish. I'm on the waiting list. :(

Well I didn't realize it was sold out already so I guess I'm on the waiting list also. :(

Dale Pittman
10-29-11, 11:27 PM
Just got back from this event today. All I can say is wow, just wow....

Over 24 CTS V's for track use and another 10 as displays with unique colors and options. Driving instruction was first class and entire event was over the top professional...easily a $2k event and they only charged 1/4 of that...for all going tomorrow you won't be disappointed...thanks,

sfvagon
10-31-11, 02:19 AM
Just got back from Sunday's session and it was incredible! Loads of fun, lots of seat time, good instructors ... very professionally organized. It was fun getting sideways on the skidpad in a V-Wagon ... and much to my surprise/delight manual transmission is an option! If/when they arrange another one - GO!

lunarx
11-02-11, 11:35 PM
It was a great event.
For anyone who has never had professional track instruction, it's a mandatory must do.
Experienced trackers will just be getting warmed up when they stop your session at 3-4 laps.
Cadillac showed some real class putting on this event.
Although they are only doing it to keep up with BMW and Mercedes, I hope they learn to like it and keep it going.
What a great way to showcase the capability of the V2.

This was their first Academy of this format.
They hinted about offering more extensive 3-day events in the future.
I hope they do.

So was it invite only or did non-invited people get to register?
I think it would be cool to attend another one, at a distant track I have never been to.

veloce
11-08-11, 03:39 PM
I went to the event on Saterday the 29th. It was a blast and a first class event ! More than worth the money. You burn up more than $556. in tires ,brakes and track day entry fees.PLus you got a couple of nice gifts at the end,bose headphones, etc. If you own a v2 or are thinking about buying one, as I am, its worth it. It also showed me that when the Recaros are adjusted properly they fit me fine and no problems. After a day of hard driving I felt great and held me in well ,no rocking etc. You can't replicate this on a dealer test drive even if they give you the car for a day. Only on the track can you see the true limits of this car, like most high HP cars. I was not initially invited to this event but signed up for it once I saw it on this forum but was invited to a different event last year. Once I signed up I got another invite in my email (unknown why). So I think the more demand the more likely more events will be put on. Jeff