: Intermittent Hesitation

NorthStarSLS
08-20-03, 10:09 PM
Have a 94 SLS, have intermittent hesitation ONLY at heavy acceleration. Slow acceleration no problem, idle no problem - no codes present. Have only 45,000 miles on car - also doesn't occur every time? Anybody else experience this before?

I tried injector cleaner but that didn't make any difference, plugs and boots look fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

elwesso
08-20-03, 10:46 PM
OTS injector cleaner wont do diddily....... Unless its BG44k, and it wont clean a dirty injector, but rather keep a clean injector clean........

I cant say whats causing your hesitation, so Ill leave that up to the others........

Welcome, and thanks for signing up :wave: ...... We're glad to have you here.......

Katshot
08-21-03, 07:48 AM
Other than having a tech put it on a scope to check the ignition system, I'd say maybe a dirty throttle body?

A747BLDR
09-14-03, 12:16 PM
Badly clogged egr passages under the intake manifold will cause hesitation at various speeds. The tech I talked to at local cad dealer said he has seen this problem occur as low as 20k miles.
Mine has 90k and the clogged egr passages caused hesitation @ 1200-1600 rpm. Once cleaned, the hesitation is gone.

Have a 94 SLS, have intermittent hesitation ONLY at heavy acceleration. Slow acceleration no problem, idle no problem - no codes present. Have only 45,000 miles on car - also doesn't occur every time? Anybody else experience this before?

I tried injector cleaner but that didn't make any difference, plugs and boots look fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

gspencer914
09-15-03, 10:25 AM
I had some of the same problem. It ended up being a clogged fuel injector. I went through a bunch of dealership diagnosing before one of the service techs said hey, that sounds like a fuel injector problem. Any questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Geo

jonrodman
09-29-03, 10:50 PM
OTS injector cleaner wont do diddily....... Unless its BG44k, and it wont clean a dirty injector, but rather keep a clean injector clean........

I cant say whats causing your hesitation, so Ill leave that up to the others........

Welcome, and thanks for signing up :wave: ...... We're glad to have you here.......

I am convinced that "Gumout EXTRA" actually does clean the injectors. I do agree that most fuel injector cleaners are totally worthless, but read a study a few years ago, and have noticed documentable improvements using Gumout Extra in my two previous high-mileage cars. I am not talking about Gumout in general, only about "Gumout Extra".

Jon
96STS

jonrodman
09-29-03, 10:54 PM

Mine hesitates occasionally when it is raining, the engine is cold, and my foot is heavy. I am hoping it is the traction control or something. My STS may need a tune up. It is over 100000 miles and I don't know if it has been maintained recently. It always does the same thing. It will pause three distinct pauses then run normally after that. This phenomenon has repeated on at least four occasions. I have only owned it for a few weeks. Maybe this is normal, and maybe I have something going wrong.

Jon
96STS

cadfan
10-01-03, 01:01 AM
Just a couple of areas to take a look. EGR passages, dirty throttle body/plates, or plugged/plugging fuel filter. Hard to tell w/o driving it.