: need help picking new tires from this list...

harbormaster
09-24-11, 08:37 PM
I posted this in the CTS base section as well because my car is non-V. But my wheels are aftermarket 18" and i figured the V guys might have a better response because the V is 18" wheels from the factory.

I'm changing tires from Goodyear Eagle LS2's to one of the types listed below. If anyone has advice on, or experience with, any of the tires mentioned please chime in.

Specifically looking for a tire with smooth ride, no vibration issues. Tire size will be 225-50-18.

Yokahama TRZ Avid

Falken ZE-912

Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring

BF Goodrich Advantage T/A

Sullyfx
09-24-11, 09:48 PM
Michelin SS all the way. So worth the money!

bjazz69
09-25-11, 03:58 AM
No bf Goodrich they are hard and do not ride well.

wcryan
09-25-11, 04:51 AM
no hankook's on ur list? : /

rand49er
09-25-11, 08:14 AM
Just took off GSD3s (18") with about 5k miles on them and put on Michelin PSSs (19").

This is very subjective and they have <100 miles, but they seem smoother and quieter, with better turn in. Love 'em.

JDB
09-25-11, 09:07 AM
Michelin Pilot Super Sports stand out because they're a Max Performance category tire while others are Touring, A/S... what criteria are you basing a purchase? $ and quiet, smooth ride? Don't ask the V crowd for quiet, smooth ride recommendations ...we'd pick the most aggressive grippy tire for the money and sacrifice everything else for it.

If you live in an area that gets snow or very low temps, you don't want the Pilot Super Sports....which is the only tire from that list that I would buy. ...with a second set of wheels with winters. Do you have your stock wheels and need winters? Slap 'em on those, if you do/need.

kevm14
09-25-11, 09:20 AM
Michelin PSS actually are quiet. They also ride smooth in terms of vibes, and in terms of bumps, are firm but it's a pleasant firmness that goes with the capability of the tire. I love mine. I have about 3700 miles on them.

Aurora40
09-25-11, 09:50 AM
One of those tires is not like the others....

From that list, and the absolute lack of driving condition criteria, I would say Super Sports all the way. But if you liked the LS2, they would be way overkill.

Now that the dirt-cheap, PS2-beating F1 Asymmetrics are gone, I'm about to pull the trigger on some Super Sports.

1madstsv
09-29-11, 06:01 AM
Nitto tires nt555?