: Advice needed on damaged lease and required visit to dealership

NJRonbo
09-24-11, 04:07 PM
Hi everybody!

Have a 2010 SRX that has some minor damage on the body.

Coming out of a driveway, the tire rode up and off a raised concrete lawn border which caused the vehicle to slam down hard on the wheels. The damage involves molding that is sticking out. Not bad, but noticeable.

Since I have 15 months left on the lease the body shop advises me to just let it go till that time and then have it repaired. Their reason being if I fix it now and then get front-ended in an accident, it's going to be double the repair.

But here is the problem...

I am due for an oil change from the dealer. And, it's a free oil change (normally $100) for that matter since they screwed up on a radio replacement recently.

Whenever I take the vehicle in for repair, they do a thorough search over the body to make certain of any damage before they touch the vehicle.

My fear is that they will absolutely enter into their system that damage exists on my vehicle.

Now, even though I intend to get it fixed before turning in the lease, should this record be something I would need to be worried about?

Thanks in advance.

99ssconv
09-25-11, 09:49 AM
All they will do is a walk arount and note any damage on the write up sheet, that way you cant blame them for the damage. They could care less about any body damage in the service department unless they caused it. Dont worry about it.

jcarlilesiu
09-30-11, 05:00 PM
Agreed, I purchased my car instead of leasing and the service department still looks it over and has me sign a form of existing damage. Luckily for me the sheet is always empty. But I digress, they aren't checking the car for lease damage. Even if they were, all they could tell yo to do was fix it before returning it.

Most leased cars have to have some repairs before return I would assume.

cvettr/cts-v
09-30-11, 06:50 PM
Wow I wish all dealers service departments did a walk-a-round with written documentation. that would make dealer trips less stressful enviroment and better for all.