: Extension cord for iPod/iPhone...

FLTRI
09-24-11, 02:05 PM
I found this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/220857038998 to plug into the ridiculously short cord that comes with the car. It works perfectly with my iPhone 4, and I can still control the phones music via the dash controls. I'm using it mostly for Pandora radio. Don't know the seller, not associated, blah, blah, blah. Just thought others may be interested in getting their media player out of the center console...

Also, I'm pretty sure I'll let the XM music subscription expire when the 3 month trial is up. I have had XM on my motorcycle for several years, and am not that impressed with the music selection. I find I only listen to 3-4 channels, and they loop in in a day or two...

I am going to keep the XM Nav/Traffic though. I like having both...

JOEYCTS-V
09-24-11, 02:34 PM
I bought a similar cable that supposedly does the same thing and it didn't work in the V. Are you sure this one works? I had to get 2 individual cables which makes it way too bulky.

FLTRI
09-24-11, 03:30 PM
Yes, it works.

Controls the iPod functions just like when it's plugged into the factory harness. I read some about the cords, and you want to make sure you get the 30 pin one. There are others available, that look the same and are cheaper, but they will only charge the phone...

Edit: It will not, however, let you control Pandora from the Nav display. You can't FFD or pause from the hard buttons either. Same thing when I plug directly into the factory harness. More of a problem with Pandora, and Cadillac, than the extension cable...

JOEYCTS-V
09-24-11, 03:47 PM
Mine wouldn't even charge the phone.

Bigron
09-26-11, 12:02 PM
I just extended the USB and headphone jack separately.
I might check into this if it works.

JOEYCTS-V
09-29-11, 06:40 PM
I found this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/220857038998 to plug into the ridiculously short cord that comes with the car. It works perfectly with my iPhone 4, and I can still control the phones music via the dash controls. I'm using it mostly for Pandora radio. Don't know the seller, not associated, blah, blah, blah. Just thought others may be interested in getting their media player out of the center console...

Also, I'm pretty sure I'll let the XM music subscription expire when the 3 month trial is up. I have had XM on my motorcycle for several years, and am not that impressed with the music selection. I find I only listen to 3-4 channels, and they loop in in a day or two...

I am going to keep the XM Nav/Traffic though. I like having both...

This part DOES work. I just received mine in the mail. Thanks for the find.

marg2163
09-30-11, 12:59 AM
just ordered mine, will report back. thx for the heads up!

FLTRI
09-30-11, 01:25 PM
This part DOES work. I just received mine in the mail. Thanks for the find.

Cool, glad it worked out... The seller, will accept a Best Offer of $6.50, btw...