: no spark in new motor! HELP!!!

Spyder
10-28-04, 03:18 AM
Ok, coil pack that we know works is a hundred miles away...it gets no spark to the wires, but the wiring harness going into the coil pack is the same as the old motor. The idle speed control clicks a bunch, and really loud when we turn the key off. Motor turns over fine and gets fuel, but no spark. P052, P109, I052 are the only codes, the P's are both from the battery being disconnected, the I052, I believe is unconnected to this problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...going for all night drive to get the coil pack right now, hopefully there'll be some response to this when I get back early early early in the morn. Thanks a bunch!

eldorado1
10-28-04, 02:06 PM
Got power at the B+ terminal? So you're getting no spark at all from any of the 4 coils?

Spyder
10-28-04, 03:27 PM
Ok, we put the new coil pack on it and found that we needed to reverse the wiring on the crankshaft sensor. After doing that, it fired right up but ran rough with a P074 and P053 codes. No other codes came up, we shut it down after a few seconds of running, and that's where we're at right now.

rswaim
10-29-04, 09:18 AM
Have you reset the computer? Seems like the attempt to start it with the bad ICM would give you those codes. The rough running could be from the idle learn not being set. :confused:

Spyder
10-29-04, 12:06 PM
So yea, I'm an idiot...rough running was from a spark plug wire not being seated properly...its running great now, had a small water leak we fixed easily...now getting a low oil pressure light at low rpms...no ticks or knocks to indicate low pressure, but the light comes on...tried replacing the sensor, but stillhad it, then we re-wired the plug because it was leaking oil before, and had bare wires...still the warning light comes on. I'm undecided whether I want to drop it at the dealer and tell them to fix it, or try the over-filling with oil and prime the pump thing. If it works fine at higher rpm, but not lower, could that still be debris in the oil pump holding the relief valve open, and would the overfill and prime work?