: theres more then 1 way to get your a/c to work

thefleetwoodguy
09-23-11, 10:16 PM
too funny not to share!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/ATT00001.jpg

brougham
09-23-11, 11:38 PM
Looks like there's more then 1 way to fix a tail light too.

csbuckn
09-24-11, 12:09 AM
I learned today that the sticker on the back means he's a newbie.

outsider
09-24-11, 12:47 AM
haha...wonder if he tapped into the gas tank to power that thing or if he has to fill both tanks.

The-Dullahan
09-24-11, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I have seen this before. I was actually quite taken with the tail-lamp repair. I suppose this actually cost him less in the end, meaning he is at least resourceful. I would suspect he would survive a crisis situation, may haps even if Zombies were involved.

He is in fact, not the first person to try it, even if he is the best example, probably because of the tail light.
http://chivethethrottle.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/ac-500-ghetto_ac-57wtmk.jpg?w=500&h=362

I particularly like one custom AC unit I have seen however. It was basically a self-contained unit which was made from a styrofoam cooler, filled with ice, with a series of battery-operated computer fans that drew in air and blew it back out. Now remember, it was self-contained, so it had it's own battery to operate it. Not to mention that it required ice and a free space on the rear seats and a seatbelt to keep it from falling off and spilling ice everywhere.

Reverend Hearse
09-24-11, 05:09 AM
im guilty, back before my driving days, i had a old 69 biscayne in my drive way, we cut the steering wheel off,painted all the glass black from the inside , turned the bench seat around and stuck a house window ac unit in the drivers side window with a extension cord going into my house, we had ac in the car but the house was still 100 degrees inside !!!! me and my friends all had a place to hide out and do all those crazy things kids do.... (girls, drinking, etc)

turbojimmy
09-24-11, 08:44 AM
I'm more surprised that the airbag suspension on that Lincoln still works. You don't see that every day.

outsider
09-24-11, 10:48 AM
im guilty, back before my driving days, i had a old 69 biscayne in my drive way, we cut the steering wheel off,painted all the glass black from the inside , turned the bench seat around and stuck a house window ac unit in the drivers side window with a extension cord going into my house, we had ac in the car but the house was still 100 degrees inside !!!! me and my friends all had a place to hide out and do all those crazy things kids do.... (girls, drinking, etc)

And now you're a Reverend...my how things have changed.

BigCadMan_1
09-24-11, 08:10 PM
How much time dose that guy spend in his car to have to do that?