: Hey guys..quick question!

JerseyGirl
08-20-03, 09:36 PM
This kid that my son is friends with just bought a '97 DeVille with the North*..I think I posted his pic..anyhoo...his check engine light came on & the dealer he got if from said to take it to Auto Zone and get it checked by computer..so it came up that he had water in teh gas tank..or so they say, anyone ever hear of this? If it does have water in the tank..what can be done to fix it? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!! ;)

elwesso
08-20-03, 10:50 PM
Well, I know marinas sell water eliminator for marine engines...... I would assume this would work for an automotive engine also.......

Its just a bottle of stuff you put in the tank, and apparently it makes the water unharmful....... I dont know how it works, but Ive used it on our boats and it works great...... I have a little 2cycle engine, and it gets water in its tanks all the time..... Pour that stuff, and its all gone!!

Katshot
08-21-03, 07:45 AM
I'm unclear as to how an Auto Zone (or anyone else for that matter) could tell there's water in the fuel via a computer scan but.........
If there IS water in the fuel you have two choices, add a "dry-gas" product, or remove the tank and dump the water. If there's only a small amount of water the dry-gas will do the trick but if you have like more than a gallon say, you need to physically remove it. Dry-gas will never get out.

JerseyGirl
08-21-03, 10:27 AM
He added a dry gas to the tank..and is going to run the fuel thru. Thanks guys! I think he added that already..but I just wanted to see what you guys thought! ;)
I dont know for sure how Auto Zone knew there was water in his tank..I didnt get all the info!