: Rear Cargo Tray for Vagon...

FLTRI
09-23-11, 04:11 PM
This: http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Cadillac/2011/CTS-V%20Wagon/Cargo%20Tray/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

Ordered one from my dealer, and returned it 10 minutes later. It is nowhere near to fitting the rear cargo area. Couple of inches too narrow on each side, and about a foot too short. It was also pretty flimsy, for the $100 price tag...

I had a Weathertech mat in my Lincoln. Well made, fit well, and really sturdy. I ordered a new one from them, should be here in a week or so.

Not associated with Weathertech, just a heads up for anyone else looking at the Cadillac version for their Vagon...

ChicagoV
09-23-11, 04:56 PM
I had exactly the same experience. I have no idea why they would even sell that thing- it did not fit in any dimension and was, as you said, crazy flimsy. For $100.

ChicagoV
09-23-11, 05:03 PM
Oh, and please let me know if the Weathertech works- I need one.

dcc8203
09-24-11, 07:58 PM
I'm interested too. Had looked at that part but my dealer told me it didn't fit. Amazing that they would sell something that didn't fit on the Caddy website.

Caddyscat
09-25-11, 08:47 PM
Weathertechs are SWEET, I have the trunk liner in my sedan; perfect fit and great service. I would highly recommend them.

elphil
09-27-11, 01:14 PM
I haven't seen the tray but could the width be set to clear the tie down tracks so they are available?

FLTRI
09-27-11, 02:04 PM
I haven't seen the tray but could the width be set to clear the tie down tracks so they are available?

I actually suspect that it is designed for the Coupe or Sedan trunk, and Cadillac figured it's close enough for the Wagon. Here's a cell phone pic I took when I tried it, so I could show the parts guy without dragging him outside.

There are notches in the rear of it that serve no apparent purpose, the lip is too high and don't touch the side panels by a several inches, and it was at least a foot short of the seat backs. In the photo, it's not laying flat due to being shipped rolled up...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/FLTRI/Mat.jpg

e6t
09-27-11, 03:14 PM
cannot duplicate.

SecretWeapon
09-28-11, 07:21 AM
Weathertech rocks! It is a well designed piece, fits perfectly and actually protects the trunk space. First week that I had my sedan I went to Sam's club, wife buys one of those pre-cooked chickens. Puts it in the trunk, thing leaks all over, weather tech mat cleans up in a flash. Everyone should have one. (Yes, the chicken went faster at dinner.)

FLTRI
09-28-11, 01:13 PM
The Big Brown Truck came today.

This one fits much better, and is way thicker too. $20 more than the Caddi version, and 100% better made. There are cut-outs for the tie downs if you want cut holes in the mat to use them. I removed the tie downs instead, as I don't see them ever being used anyway. Those little buggeres are all metal, and the four of them weighed a couple pounds, so I probably picked up .01" in the quarter, heh...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/FLTRI/WeatherTech.jpg

FLTRI
09-28-11, 01:26 PM
Weathertech rocks! It is a well designed piece, fits perfectly and actually protects the trunk space. First week that I had my sedan I went to Sam's club, wife buys one of those pre-cooked chickens. Puts it in the trunk, thing leaks all over, weather tech mat cleans up in a flash. Everyone should have one. (Yes, the chicken went faster at dinner.)

I had pool acid leak on my Weather Tech mat in the Lincoln. Stained the mat, but didn't leak through, nor get on the carpet. Had I not had the mat, it would have been a very expensive repair...:yup: