: Question for Coupe owners...

FLTRI
09-23-11, 03:28 PM
How do you like the electric door handles?

I have a V-wagon, and personally, I think they would be pretty slick looking on the 4 (or 5) door models. I wonder why GM decided not to tool up the 4-door cars to have them?

The articles I've read on the Coupe usually mention them, and say they are a bad idea.

How do you Coupe guys like them? Good idea, or???

GM-4-LIFE
09-23-11, 03:41 PM
They are really cool to have. The fact that people look for them on the car is even better! I like having something that really no other car has, except for the C6 Vette.

I like them a lot!

DoingOK
09-23-11, 03:50 PM
They are no big deal....don't know why people get upset about them.

FLTRI
09-23-11, 03:58 PM
....don't know why people get upset about them.

I don't either. Like I said, I think they look nicer than the mechanical ones on my Vagon.

It strikes me as somewhat comical that several of the articles I've read in the car mags, or online, all rave about the car, and then have a negative comment about the electric latches...

My 2003 Lincoln had a two electronic touch pads for the rear hatch and glass. They were very similar to the V-Coupe or C6 doors. Never failed in 8 years of use...

RippyPartsDept
09-23-11, 04:02 PM
XLR has the same handles also...

serturbo
09-23-11, 04:26 PM
It's entertainment for me. I like watching my passengers try to figure it out. I tell them exactly what's up on the outside because I don't want them to put unnecessary finger prints all over my door, but they still gingerly place their fingers in the gap. Almost like the car will bite them or something. I don't tell them how to get out, though. I like seeing how long it takes them. The best is at night. Most spend forever feeling around for a door handle that isn't there.

MotownPimp
09-23-11, 08:57 PM
They look slick & work fine. People can get into the car; they can get out of the car. Duh! :D

jft69z
09-23-11, 09:13 PM
Same here, I like them. Just like the others, it's sort of amusing to watch people try to get in & out of the car.

hamta
09-23-11, 09:35 PM
I love them on both my zo6 and my V Coupe. They're great and never had a problem.

MSOsr
09-23-11, 10:37 PM
I usually open the door for the passenger....but then they think it is so cool to just push the button to exit.

Mike

rogueag
09-23-11, 11:19 PM
I definitely like the clean look that it gives to the overall appearance. From my perspective, Thumbs Up!

jb06810
09-23-11, 11:37 PM
I love them :) and I try to figure out where I was seeing very similar and I think that was in previous Alfa Romeo 156 maybe 2005 models but only in rear doors and I think will look cool on CTS V wagon

Kluch
09-24-11, 01:01 AM
Love em, they look slick and fit well with the futuristic look of the coupe. No complaints. They'd look good on the sedan and wagon I think.

Vcoupe11
09-24-11, 10:51 AM
I like the electric door handles. Had them on my Corvette as well.

The V implementation looks better than the Vettes in my opinion.

Gary

majdewey
09-24-11, 06:31 PM
They're great as long as the battery is not dead....

stabie
09-24-11, 07:11 PM
I never checked, is the coupe like the vette with a frameless window? I know on my vette part of why the door is electric latch is the window indexing. The electric release ensures the window is down before the door latch is released.

Low Rider
09-24-11, 09:23 PM
I guess I kind of got used to them on my Vette and never really gave it much thought........it does make the car look sleek.....regular handles would take away from it.......never had an issue with them on the Vette so they must have the technology pretty well worked out.

dcc8203
09-25-11, 01:07 AM
Before I bought my V Wagon, I test drove a V Coupe, as it was the only M6 the dealer had on the lot. I didn't like the door opening on the Voupe...just not ergonomic and a feature in search of a need, imo. Like when Microsoft decides they need to "update" the user experience in Office and makes you re-learn things you have ingrained in your memory for years for no benefit.

I was very happy when my Vagon had regular door handles on it.

And don't get me started on the electronic parking brake! Really?

This is the best car I've ever owned, and I wouldn't trade it for anything (well, almost) but that "feature" is low on my list.

mrl859
09-25-11, 01:16 PM
I never checked, is the coupe like the vette with a frameless window? I know on my vette part of why the door is electric latch is the window indexing. The electric release ensures the window is down before the door latch is released.Yes.

mrl859
09-25-11, 01:19 PM
They're great as long as the battery is not dead....That's not a problem either. There is an inconspicuous manual release lever on each side at the floor.

khoeysr
09-26-11, 01:04 PM
I think they are really slick and really add to the car's look.

You definitely need to be familiar with all the alternate ways to get into and out of the car in the event of a power failure or some other glitch. I had my main key fob go bad for some unknown reason and could not get into the car until i used the key that is contained in the fob to get into the trunk and pull the release.

Unless I missed it my owner's manual has NOTHING about this VCoupe exclusive.