: Sold my V

Houdini
09-23-11, 03:18 PM
Well, it was sure sad to see such an awesome car being driven away. I had a good couple of years with her and enjoyed every second of it. The new owner was the first to contact me the day after I put it up for sale. He flew in this morning from Texas to STL to complete the deal. I had it professionally detailed yesterday and it never looked better. I think she is in good hands now and I told the new owner what an awesome forum this is. Hopefully he'll join up and learn as much as I have from all of you guys.

I can't wait to find my V2 now. I hope I find a gem like I did with the V1. Thanks to everyone here on the forum; you guys are awesome. I'll still be around plenty and will certainly be back to rub it in when I find my V2 :stirpot:

-Mike

Torxila
09-23-11, 04:15 PM
Mike,
What are you looking for, another sedan or a coupe or wagon, stick auto?

Let me know if you find a replacement V2
George

Houdini
09-23-11, 04:19 PM
I want a low mileage m6 silver or grey sedan with recaro seats. It's gonna take me months to find one. I had the perfect one found in AZ but another forum member got it before I sold my V. He says it is perfect too.... lol he created an enemy for life haha.

thebigjimsho
09-23-11, 09:40 PM
Saw a black CTS wagon this afternoon. The more I see them, the closer to the sedan in beauty it seems...

Houdini
09-24-11, 12:15 AM
A coworker of mine drove a new auto V wagon last weekend and said he loved it. He test drove a white m6 sedan the same day but said he still prefers the wagon. As much as I think the wagon is badass, I have no use for it and couldn't see myself driving one.

rand49er
09-24-11, 08:40 AM
Sorry to see you go ...

... to that hoity-toity forum.

j/k We're all drooling in anticipation at your next car. Good luck!

kevm14
09-24-11, 12:41 PM
I almost feel compelled to get an M6 wagon (if/when I upgrade to a V2) simply because they had the balls to make it.

CadzillaTN
09-25-11, 08:24 PM
Another V1 in the lone star state..

Good luck Mike,

Hope you find the perfect V2!

TallGuyJ
09-26-11, 01:18 AM
Hey everyone I'm the new owner of Mike's CTS-V and Mike I'm loving everything about the car!! Don't worry I'll take good care of her, after all this is going to be my new baby. But on the drive back home the check engine light came on. It turned off the next day, but im still wondering what made it turn on? maybe the oil or something?
what is the normal oil pressure?

Houdini
09-26-11, 08:15 AM
Glad you joined up! You'll learn a ton on this forum.

I'm not sure about the check engine light. If it comes back you can take it to autozone and they will read it for free. The only code Iíve ever had in that car was the inefficient cat code and that was due to the high flow cats I installed. That only happens if you put in the stock PCM. With the w4m tuned PCM that is currently installed, Iíve never had it throw codes for anything.

I've heard that normal oil pressure while cruising is in the 40s but I've never really payed attention.

thebigjimsho
09-26-11, 11:12 AM
Get the Torque app and bluetooth dongle(lol) and get the codes yourself...

JimmyH
09-26-11, 08:00 PM
could be something as simple as the gas cap. Welcome to the forums.

and GTFO Houdini :bouncy: or should I say, disappear (haha)

Houdini
09-26-11, 09:10 PM
Abracadabra BIATCH!

JimmyH
09-26-11, 09:19 PM
now you're talkin