: Took my 1SG through the Dragon this week :)

Dj Brady
09-22-11, 10:30 PM
The sports car and motorcycle enthusiasts on the east coast will know what I'm talking about. :)

The wife and I had our anniversary/vacation down in Tennessee this week. The weather prevented us from taking the bike so we took the STS. Of COURSE I had to take it across the Cherohala and the Dragon. :) The car handled like a 2 ton Miata. The most luxurious roller coaster out there. :grin:

Moonshine Photo got a snap of me. :) I'm trying to decide if I want a print or not, but here's my beast!
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0CVY00UZ050831&po=831&pc=844

1stCaddylac
09-23-11, 04:32 AM
its a nice shott why not print it!!!!

chazglenn3
09-23-11, 08:54 AM
Nice...minimal body roll! :D I would like to ride my bike and drive my STS through the Dragon...too bad I live on the left coast.

Dj Brady
09-23-11, 12:14 PM
Yeah, very little roll at all. Since I was driving in motorcycle country and knew there was a good chance I could meet a bike at full lean with his helmet over the line, I never pushed too hard but I did play, especially in the corners I could see through. I never tripped stability and it never felt loose. Neither under or oversteering. AWD feels amazing clawing its way out of a corner at 5k rpm :)

550HP STSV
09-24-11, 12:42 PM
now think if you had an STS-V!

chazglenn3
09-25-11, 09:13 AM
Why...does the STS-V handle better than a 1SG AWD STS? I know its faster, but you are only going to go so fast through the Dragon.

bigburban
09-25-11, 10:26 AM
The sts-v has stiffer springs, bigger brakes etc. Whether you would enjoy it more on the dragon is debatable.