: Just curious... ACC question.

Dj Brady
09-22-11, 08:45 PM
when I'm running my ACC and approach a car, my brakes are applied.. does this illuminate my brake lights for the car behind me to know I'm slowing down?

tomm
09-22-11, 10:12 PM
Yes, It presses the brake for you and its the same effect if you press the pedal. I had fun getting used to mine and tried to see if it would actually stop me when going behind someone to a red light. I learned that once you drop lower than 10 MPH ACC turns off so it will slow you down but it will not bring you to a stop.

Dj Brady
09-22-11, 10:25 PM
:) I've not had the balls to test the "complete stop" function. I'm glad to know the lights illuminate when the ACC is braking. I've never driven a car that's driven by computer. It's interesting. My only real complaint is the lag when flicking hi/lo beam on the headlights..
that, and I wish there were more nav screen color choices.. tan and green.. retch. blue is the only color that doesn't look dated.

That said, I love my STS :)

tomm
09-22-11, 10:37 PM
Glad I tested it for you. Once I heard the crash sensor I immediately hit the brake. For some reason i thought it would bring me to a stop but in real driving on the highway its a great feature. I also dont know why the Nav is limited to those colors but I stayed with the Orange since it most closely matched the dash.

EChas3
09-22-11, 10:55 PM
Has anyone actually had a 'wingman' observe the brake-lights when ACC applies them? (I swear I once saw another Caddy's with brake-lights flashing very fast.)

chazglenn3
09-23-11, 09:05 AM
I also asked this same question when I bought my car earlier this year. I haven't used a wingman, but I have seen the brake lights reflected in signs and other cars while using ACC.

tomm
09-23-11, 05:24 PM
My wife was behind me when I first picked it up and tested it and they definately come one when ACC kicks in and hits the breaks for you.

EChas3
09-23-11, 08:01 PM
I wonder if the DTS ACC flashes the lights.