: Service Engine Soon???

Sullyfx
09-22-11, 06:30 PM
Hey guys,

Through 1,2,and 3 I get this message on the NAV screen.... Only with Trac control on. In Comp mode I do not get this Message...

I just got the car out of the shop for some work to be done, and this message still pops up.... I know this is not a code that can be read with smoothing like Autozone would have... Do I go to a dealership.... ugh...

Or is it something I need to really worry about, can I clear it myself?... The oil life is at 93%.. So thats not it?

Any help is appreciated..

CadzillaTN
09-22-11, 06:54 PM
:edited for television:

Sullyfx
09-23-11, 09:27 AM
Another correction:

It says "Service Vehicle Soon", and it does do it in comp mode also....

I'm lost?

perfect
09-23-11, 11:14 AM
Probably going to need a few details to help you diagnose this issue. How hard you running the 1-2-3 gears. How is the oil pressure/temperature while driving (both during normal cruising and "getting on it").

My oil pressure sensor was failing and would constantly fluctuate between 0psi-125+psi (which is terrifying the first time you see 0PSI!!) and my DIC would flash the "Service Vehicle Soon" message (or something similar). Is your CEL on?

Sullyfx
09-23-11, 12:12 PM
It only comes on when I get on it a bit. When I say " get on it" I mean maybe 60 - 70% throttle...

Oil pressure is good, Temp is good...

Would a GM dealer have the proper equipment to see what the car is talking about?

darkman
09-23-11, 12:39 PM
Assuming you have no Check Engine Light, which Perfect asked about, the intermittent condition is apparently related solely to acceleration. Check all the fluid levels such as coolant, oil, and even washer fluid. If any of those are marginal when sitting still, they could be triggering switches when you accelerate. Otherwise, I think (pure guess) the cause is a loose connector to one of the sensors (oil, coolant, etc.).

CancerJCC
09-23-11, 12:39 PM
Would a GM dealer have the proper equipment to see what the car is talking about?

Yes a Tech II.

Sullyfx
09-23-11, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys I'll try all that and get back to you.

I appreciate it.