: A must read: Gm/onstar is going to sell your personal information

elphil
09-22-11, 03:00 PM
First posted by jaw999 and responses should go there. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/240849-onstar-tracking-new-terms-conditions.html

There is a firestorm brewing on this subject. Even if you do not subscribe to OnStar GM will be collecting your personal data to sale and pass on to law enforcement agencies and insurance companies. If you disable your system you will not have sat' radio. As well as the thread mentioned above, check goggle for OnStar.

jft69z
09-22-11, 06:27 PM
I pulled the "OnStar" fuse in the trunk of my '11 Coupe today to see what happened. There is still about 1 week left on the free 1 year subscription. It was uneventful, the light went out on the mirror, the onstar button obviously didn't work and my XM radio still worked fine. I also called onstar later in the day from my Buick LaCrosse and had them disable the service on my 3 vehicles per their email (the other 2 were already expired). Unfortunately that car does not have a seperate fuse for Onstar, it ties it in with the radio. I'll play with that one at a later date.

JimmyH
09-22-11, 06:51 PM
big brother has you