: Coolant Temp sensor , no partnr findable

notease
09-21-11, 04:31 PM
Good evening all Caddy lovers!

Dont know for sure ,if this is the right forum to post this engine related question ?
I recently bought a Caddy DeVille 1980 Strecht Limo vehicle,
On the front of the 368 6.0L Carb. engine is de the coolant temp sensor/coolant switch,
with 3 wires (brown,green,blue), 1 goes to the dash i assume for the Engine Temp Light and 2 to some kind of chip/ecu
for hot/cold running regoc.
The sensor wires are hard wired to the sensor, so the new sensor does have to have the 3 wires and a pigtail connector on it.
But the people here in The Netherlands cannot find the right partnr for it, i so do i.
It and the manuals only come up with a 1 wire/connector coolant sensor for 1980 year. But it does def. 3 wires.
Anyone got a clue and a partnr. ?

Greetings out of cloudy Holland

drmenard
09-25-11, 02:28 PM
You are not getting too much help here.. I am not up on the 1980 system... I know everything about the 81's.... If you could post some pictures and tell us what has gone wrong maybe we can help..

creeker
10-02-11, 11:38 PM
Good evening all Caddy lovers!

Dont know for sure ,if this is the right forum to post this engine related question ?
I recently bought a Caddy DeVille 1980 Strecht Limo vehicle,
On the front of the 368 6.0L Carb. engine is de the coolant temp sensor/coolant switch,
with 3 wires (brown,green,blue), 1 goes to the dash i assume for the Engine Temp Light and 2 to some kind of chip/ecu
for hot/cold running regoc.
The sensor wires are hard wired to the sensor, so the new sensor does have to have the 3 wires and a pigtail connector on it.
But the people here in The Netherlands cannot find the right partnr for it, i so do i.
It and the manuals only come up with a 1 wire/connector coolant sensor for 1980 year. But it does def. 3 wires.
Anyone got a clue and a partnr. ?

Greetings out of cloudy Holland

It's dark outside now, but I will look at my 80 cdv. tomorrow.

creeker
10-03-11, 12:31 AM
You are not getting too much help here.. I am not up on the 1980 system... I know everything about the 81's.... If you could post some pictures and tell us what has gone wrong maybe we can help..

Wouldn't an 81 basically be the same except for the 8-6-4?

creeker
10-03-11, 03:34 PM
I looked at my 80-368 and I will need a better description of location of this sensor, I cant see anything thats obvious, is it on vertical or horizonatal part of engine,
what is it close to?.