: 2011 Escalade ESV Platinum Edition Enterntainment System

sfleischli
09-21-11, 02:57 PM
Good day

I have a question regarding the CD and MP3 options on my 2011 Escalade ESV.

I previously owned a 2007 that had a 6 disk CD/DVD changer in the front, however my 2011 only has a single disk in the dash. Is there a 6 disc changer somewhere else in the car as the brochures all say that this is standard and my dealership cannot give me a clear answer.

Also the dealership is telling me that i can store music on the hard drive, but was not aware that this was possible in the Escalade?

I was also told that I can plug in an external hard drive or a USB flash drive and access music that way. Is this possible and what format does the music need to be in, i.e. .aac, mp3, etc. I know it works fine with my iPhone, but i am wanting to load up an external drive and/or a USB drive with music.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the feedback.

Steve

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-21-11, 04:40 PM
Would you please send me your VIN number in a private message? I would like to look into the specifics of your vehicle to help you out with this issue.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

sfleischli
09-21-11, 04:46 PM
How do i reply as a private message? Hit the reply button, not reply to thread?

JimmyH
09-21-11, 05:55 PM
You don't have the ability to pm yet. If you want, you can email me your info and I will pm it to customer care.

http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/email.gif

sfleischli
09-21-11, 06:21 PM
Jimmy - done and you should have it now.

thanks!

steve

JimmyH
09-21-11, 06:45 PM
I got it, and I have forwarded it to Cadillac Cust Svc. Thanks.

Cadillac Tony
09-22-11, 10:47 AM
I previously owned a 2007 that had a 6 disk CD/DVD changer in the front, however my 2011 only has a single disk in the dash. Is there a 6 disc changer somewhere else in the car as the brochures all say that this is standard and my dealership cannot give me a clear answer.

All Escalades for 2011 went to single CD setup now that the USB connection has been added to the center console. I assume the reasoning is that most people today would rather plug in their iPod or thumb drive to the USB than lug around a folder full of CDs. There is not a CD changer anywhere in the vehicle.

Also the dealership is telling me that i can store music on the hard drive, but was not aware that this was possible in the Escalade?

They're incorrect on this one. The hard drive on Escalades is for the Navigation only, and does not allow for music storage.

I was also told that I can plug in an external hard drive or a USB flash drive and access music that way. Is this possible and what format does the music need to be in, i.e. .aac, mp3, etc. I know it works fine with my iPhone, but i am wanting to load up an external drive and/or a USB drive with music.

I've never tried .aac from a thumb drive, only from my iPhone. I know mp3 works fine though.

JimmyH
09-22-11, 06:30 PM
If it has ipod connectivity, then it should be able to play m4a/aac. When I had my ipod plugged into my cts4, it was recognizing it not as an ipod, but as a usb drive (the nav display showed the usb logo, not the ipod logo) and it played all the m4a files on my ipod.

RippyPartsDept
09-22-11, 06:56 PM
yeah - if the owners manual says that is plays those formats then it plays those formats