: Coupe Head Room

Mantis421
09-20-11, 11:08 AM
Heading to Vegas next month for the V track day and am worried about headroom with a
helmet. Anyone have any idea if the Coupe V NON-Sunroof has more headroom than with a sunroof? I am 6'6" and already have to "adjust" to fit in my coupe... Thanks in advance.

garfin
09-20-11, 11:27 AM
Heading to Vegas next month for the V track day and am worried about headroom with a
helmet. Anyone have any idea if the Coupe V NON-Sunroof has more headroom than with a sunroof? I am 6'6" and already have to "adjust" to fit in my coupe... Thanks in advance.

I would guess there would be a bit more headroom in the coupe without the sunroof. There may not be as much difference with or without than in the sedan, since the coupe does not have the sliding "Ultraview" roof, but rather the flip-up type.
I know that I need to make a seating "adjustment" in my sedan (with Ultraview) when I need the helmet for track days. Not a big deal, and it's easy to adapt, but it is noticeable.

Best regards,

Elie

MotownPimp
09-20-11, 01:03 PM
Yes, non-roof has more headroom. I've seen several posts indicating it is about 1" increase.

BeagleBrains
09-21-11, 11:59 AM
I have found with many cars we have owned that reclining the seat back a few degrees greatly improves head room.
I set up the Recaro biased high to the front with the lowest rear seat position. This provides leg support, somewhat extended arm position and lots of head room. 6'3" at 275 pounds, the Recaros fine tune quite well to my physical needs in our 2011 CTS V Coupe. My wife's stature at 5'7" and 132 pounds, easily conforms to her comfort zone.
I can drive significant distances with little fatigue. I position the outside mirrors about 15 degrees beyond a straight rearword (extended beyond where a sliver of the car rear quarter is in view). This provides effective blind-spot vision, since the inside mirror gives all of the needed full rear view support. I have trained myself to maintain near constant full awareness of rear-approching vehicles so that use of the side mirrors is only necessary for turning or changing lanes.
The only accidents I have had after decades of driving have been a side-impact by a person ignoring a Red Light and my T-Boning a vehicle:duck: traversing across the highway from a driveway just in front of me.