: Custom 65, whats it worth???

MrHolland
09-20-11, 09:36 AM
What do you all think this car is actually worth?? I have a custom built motorcycle and am considering a possible trade. Thank you all for your help!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3984Q2em1423Q2el2649QQ itemZ200653621509QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

outsider
09-20-11, 10:17 AM
i wouldn't even pay what the current bid is.

MrHolland
09-20-11, 10:21 AM
Would you mind articulating that statement?? Not paying that because you're not into that scene is much different than saying the car isn't worth anything because its been cut up and cant be driven. I'm more interested in how much money the seller needs to give me in addition to the car to acquire my bike.

CADforce69
09-20-11, 11:09 AM
Ill start by saying Im not a fan of customization. But I have to admit this has been made with good taste. Nothing has been touched in the body except for pin stripping, and interior seems just reupholstered following original pattern. Just a new sound system deck in glove box, a very considerate adaptation. No fan either of those big rims or lowered air adjustable suspension but these rims are one of the most tasteful models of this category. Engine has been kept original, just light reasonable upgrading. I think $ 9,000-9,500 is a fair price if you like this style. WTF, if I had a lot of money I would even buy it. :D

Just remember that if you wanted to sell it in the future, market is limited to lowrider lovers. Classic car fans or collectors would be excluded.

P.S.: Oh, no! The more I see it, the more I like it :p

outsider
09-20-11, 11:19 AM
i wouldn't pay it because i don't like that style (big wheels and air bags etc)

I'm more into a classic look

jayoldschool
09-20-11, 11:19 AM
A custom is worth what someone will pay for it. Usually, that price will not be as much as what the builder has put into it. This car looks decent. If the bodywork is good, and the air ride setup is installed nicely (along with the sound system), and the drivetrain/brakes check out, I would say that 12-15k would be the ballpark.

csbuckn
09-20-11, 11:26 AM
I think its a deal at that price. If this is the direction you want to go with your caddy, this one would probably same you a lot of money. I bet that interior cost a pretty penny.

Cadillacboy
09-20-11, 11:27 AM
Believe in me I have seen worse things in name of customization lol

The-Dullahan
09-20-11, 01:33 PM
Not sure what it is worth, but what maters iw aht the SELLER thinks it's worth. This particular seller has a history of unmet reserves and relists. This is not the first time I have seen this car go to auction.

albymangled
09-20-11, 02:59 PM
So, show us the bike....

77CDV
09-20-11, 04:42 PM
This car has been up and down on EB and CL forever. It seems the seller thinks it's worth a lot more than people are willing to pony up.

JimMLINY
09-20-11, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't pay over $9,000 for it.

jayoldschool
09-20-11, 07:48 PM
What's his price on CL?

MrHolland
09-20-11, 08:24 PM
My Scooter

WOW, I dont know how but I managed to upload two pics differently...... And for those who do not care for the custom Cadillac look, I understand. When the Harley purist see my FXSTS they are quick to inform me that its missing parts!!!! LOL!!

The-Dullahan
09-21-11, 12:54 AM
Purists are always good, but there are times I find it acceptable to draw the line and grab a blowtorch.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/The-Dullahan/imagejpeg_1.jpg

brougham
09-21-11, 01:13 AM
You can get a 65 in decent shape for less then that auction is for and if the guy really wants to sell the price just goes down from there. That's the problem with custom stuff like that. It's worth the most to the person who had it done and the one other person in the world who wants the same car done up the same exact way.

MrHolland
09-21-11, 01:15 AM
Thats how you roll huh?? What is it??

MrHolland
09-21-11, 01:18 AM
You can get a 65 in decent shape for less then that auction is for and if the guy really wants to sell the price just goes down from there. That's the problem with custom stuff like that. It's worth the most to the person who had it done and the one other person in the world who wants the same car done up the same exact way.
If the car has been around as long as people are saying it has, then he's probably in no hurry to sell... Too bad for me....

albymangled
09-21-11, 04:40 AM
The car looks pretty nice....wheels, interior, straight enough on the body.

I like pin lining.

The bike is OK too, not what i'd do to a Softy but you know, well i'm a Dyna kind of HD freak anyway...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66478&d=1277001852

I think they're probably worth about the same....mebbe the bike photos aren't showing enough detail.

If you're happy to trade, go for it....

MrHolland
09-21-11, 06:30 AM
Good looking Dyna, still has all its parts!!! Yeah the bike pics don't do it any justice. Custom tins, custom paint on top and bottom, (both sides look the same) screaming eagle engine, suicide shifter, (because clutches are made for feet) aftermarket seat, drag bars, exhaust, banana boards etc. Its a lot of fun to ride and usually turns heads, love it or hate. I also know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and not worth anything except what the highest bidder will give. Unfortunately it has sat under a cover in my garage for the last couple of years only started and warmed up occasionally, with the exception of winning a local car and bike show. I simply have no time for it. Not that I'll have time for a 65 Caddy but at least my wife could drive it......

Mark 78 Coupe
09-21-11, 10:46 AM
The one thing I like about that car is the air ride. Other then some tasteful pin striping, the car looks stock. I would like the ability to change the cars look based on my whim that day, and with the air ride you can. Wanna cruise low n slow? Leave it as is. Want to cruise a more "stock" show? Lift it up a bit, and roll with the stock wheels and tires. If it is as clean as it looks, and if all the improvements he lists are real, I would personally pay 10k for a rust free California Cadillac that nice. Good luck on your bidding.

Breeze454
09-21-11, 01:37 PM
Yea, I'd definitely trade a bike for that. Car looks super clean, and being a cali car. Hard to call this a "Full Custom" as the ad states, because its basically stock. I like everything about it, black & white caddys have always looked so elegant to me. Hard to find a rim that looks good on these cars, but I think these do the trick nicely, fitment is perfect.