: Squeeking noise (front of engine)?

06BlackV
09-20-11, 07:28 AM
hey guys, i recently noticed a squeeking noise coming from the front of engine, it sounds like a belt or pulley bearing,,, the noise almost goes completely away once the car is warm but a slight squeek is still present ,,, any ideas or opinions before i start replacing things?

lollygagger8
09-20-11, 11:37 AM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/belt.jpg

Skidmarcx
09-20-11, 12:29 PM
sound clip?

JD03Cobra
09-20-11, 04:27 PM
i have the same issue with mine...Horrible last winter, then didn't hear anything through the summer. Now that the cooler weather is coming I have heard it slightly. Goes away when once the car warms up. Either a belt or a pulley. I can't seem to find the source of the squeak. Sounds like the whole front end which leads me to believe its the belt.

06BlackV
09-21-11, 01:35 AM
I sprayed the serpentine and it made the squeaking louder , I also sprayed a little lithium grease behind the pulleys I could in hopes I get the bearings , , still no difference , I did not spray down the ac belt because I can't get to it

jmpumford
09-21-11, 02:29 AM
I had the exact problem after the H/C swap. Put on a new belt and the squeak went away.

rand49er
09-21-11, 06:45 AM
H2O pump?

falke401
09-23-11, 09:16 AM
Or an idler pulley.

blackv
11-24-11, 05:50 PM
im having the same problem with mine only when cold. It seems to only make the noise above 25 mph and when i accelerate. Some times it lingers for a little while after i let off the gas. Driving me nuts

mstrjon32
11-24-11, 07:06 PM
Does it sound like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EhCD2DTbNk

josney
11-24-11, 10:29 PM
idler pulley maybe?

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-25-11, 08:45 AM
Blackv,
Welcome to the forum! Have you taken the vehicle to the dealership yet to have it diagnosed? I think that is going to, honestly, be the best place to start -unless someone here has already had this issue and got it resolved. The dealer will be able to diagnose the issue and let you know what options are best for your vehicle.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

blackv
11-25-11, 12:19 PM
No its perfectly quiet at idle. The belts were the first thing i checked. Its like a rotating noise from the front passenger side. Not your typical high squeal like a belt. Im gonna see if i can get ahold of a go pro so i can post a clip

06BlackV
01-28-12, 02:11 PM
Does it sound like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EhCD2DTbNk

It sounds just like this!

lowlife19
02-12-12, 09:18 PM
pull serpintine belt start it up if its still there probably is ac tensioner and belt, if not start with belt and if still there get stethoscope and listen where its louder the squeak, mine was the serpintine belt and the smooth idler pulley good luck

Jhayzhone
02-12-12, 10:58 PM
hey guys, i recently noticed a squeeking noise coming from the front of engine, it sounds like a belt or pulley bearing,,, the noise almost goes completely away once the car is warm but a slight squeek is still present ,,, any ideas or opinions before i start replacing things?

Im having the same problem in my cts. Everytime that the temperature is-10 or more i always heard that noise. I was thingking that maybe its because of the weather.

shadybx7
02-12-12, 11:13 PM
I have the same squeak when it is humid out..

lollygagger8
02-13-12, 08:58 AM
I have a weird squeak somewhere when I'm hitting it in the back seat. Hmmm

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-13-12, 11:23 AM
I have the same squeak when it is humid out..

Shadybx7,
Have you visited you local dealer about this issue? If you want me to set up an appointment for you, just let me know.
Breanne

06BlackV
02-16-12, 02:59 AM
Shadybx7,
Have you visited you local dealer about this issue? If you want me to set up an appointment for you, just let me know.
Breanne

My bank account squeeks every time i visit there. So then we have two issues :/.

silentwig
02-11-13, 06:19 PM
My bank account squeeks every time i visit there. So then we have two issues :/.
Old thread but lmao had to bring this comment to light....plus good squeak info

Yeah, that ^^^^ ...........and also check the idler and tensioner pulleys - if they are not smooth-turning and quiet, replace them. Sometimes that tensioner arm binds up and the belt slips - you lever the tension off the belt by using a socket wrench or breaker bar in the square hole in the tensioner arm. If that action causes squeaks or binding, replace the entire tensioner.

www.rockauto.com

You should be able to deflect the belt 1/2" to 3/4" with moderate finger pressure at the long run between 1 and 2. If the belt is loose there, the tensioner assembly is shot.

1 - P/S
2 - Alternator
3 - Idler
4 - A/C
5 - Crankshaft harmonic balancer
6 - tensioner pulley/arm

Do not apply belt dressing or chemicals to the belt or pulleys.