: PM's???

dgarza
09-20-11, 12:11 AM
I may be blind or something but I cant figure out how to send a pm to someone....any help appreciated

Florian
09-20-11, 12:16 AM
need a minimum amount of posts prior to being able to PM...you havent reached the minimum of 5 yet.

F

dgarza
09-20-11, 12:24 AM
oic i was trying to pm muscles but i see you deleted the thread in which he was selling his new era cai...

dgarza
09-20-11, 08:28 AM
Florian, I have reached my min. Still can't pm..does a mod need to activate it?

JimmyH
09-20-11, 03:07 PM
Be patient. Post in the forums. Have fun!

RippyPartsDept
09-20-11, 03:11 PM
I thought it was 10 posts, no?

ThumperPup
09-20-11, 09:15 PM
who knows what it is so many things have changed over the past month or so weather its 5 - 10 or 100 seems like Jimmy is suggesting don;t pm at all when he said just be patient and post in the forums . Have fun

Submariner409
09-20-11, 09:24 PM
Bottom line: We have a set of Forums that are in great demand (many members) and the online spammers are a constant thorn in everyone's side. There is machinery gearing up to weed out the spammers, but until it's up and running we're ALL stuck with limited PM powers.

Ask not what your Forum can do for you; ask what you can do for your Forum: Report a spammer.

falke401
09-23-11, 09:05 AM
Good to know. I was searcing for the PM feature too. I guess I need to lurk less.

dgarza
09-24-11, 08:33 AM
Be patient. Post in the forums. Have fun!
Actually, I tried that but Florian deleted the thread. It wasn't even my thread. Musclesbmf was selling a Cai last week. I couldnt pm him so I posted for him to contact me. At that time I created this thread. Next thing I know Florian posts incorrect info. And the other thread is deleted within seconds. that's pretty crappy. Is there some kind of don't post your email address law on this forum? Because if so then fix the pm issue since that is what its for....

RippyPartsDept
09-24-11, 09:17 AM
as far as I understand there's nothing to fix with the PM issue... you just need more posts

threads get deleted all the time for various reasons (sounds like that one was a for sale thread outside of the classifieds)

and yes there is a rule about posting your email address
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions/238801-do-not-post-email-addresses-forum.html

dgarza
09-25-11, 02:15 AM
Florian said 5 posts I'm at least 3X that. Plus I'm not the only having problems with pm's

JimmyH
09-25-11, 02:34 PM
I repeat. Be patient post in the forums and have fun. That us why we are all here after all. You will get the ability soon.

RippyPartsDept
09-25-11, 04:16 PM
or you could subscribe as a supporting member ... they get instant PM access, right jimmy?

JimmyH
09-25-11, 04:56 PM
That used to be true. Not sure anymore.

Merge
09-26-11, 11:27 AM
Maybe there should be a sticky/rules regarding PMs to help us noobs out.

Stingroo
09-26-11, 12:53 PM
^ Good idea.

adrian-s
09-30-11, 11:13 PM
I figured the pm function was broken because there wasn't any info about min post counts for pm functionality, and the account info indicated pm storage quantities for different account types starting with basic.

I understand the need to keep spam out... A little info in the help area could help folks understand the balance needed.

-adrian

dgarza
10-01-11, 08:48 AM
Funny how the mods not dare post on here.

RippyPartsDept
10-01-11, 12:26 PM
Funny how the mods not dare post on here.

maybe because it was addressed in another thread three weeks ago

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3080/pmsj.jpg

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions/239959-staff-pms-not-working.html#post2712408

JimmyH
10-01-11, 04:02 PM
Participate in the community and soon you will have pm ability. It's a priviledge not a right. What else do you want us to say? If we reveal the post count then spammers simply copy and paste all over the forum. That's gonna irritate alot more members than the few who come in here to complain they cant send a pm. Furthermore there are very few reasons to need to pm someone anyway. This is a public forum.

dgarza
10-01-11, 10:10 PM
Participate in the community and soon you will have pm ability. It's a priviledge not a right. What else do you want us to say? If we reveal the post count then spammers simply copy and paste all over the forum. That's gonna irritate alot more members than the few who come in here to complain they cant send a pm. Furthermore there are very few reasons to need to pm someone anyway. This is a public forum.
Then read the thread fully and you'll see why I'm complaining. Someone was selling something and since this stupid forum can't control the spammers,(btw I am a member of at least 10 different forums and none of those have these type of issues with pm's), I posted to have the member contact me via email. Florian went on there and deleted the complete thread. How the hell are even your "privileged" members supposed to sell their stuff? Makes no sense and you claim this is a public forum? You say to do something, "post publicly" and then one of the chiefs shoots it down. So tell me if a person is listing a classified, how am I supposed to communicate with them if I'm interested?...pm right? Wrong this is cf and in this communist forum we say who talks to who and when. I'm out of here. Plenty of other forums where people aren't so uptight.

Stingroo
10-02-11, 12:33 PM
Dude, your panties. Unbunch them.

You're forgetting one simple fact: those other 10+ forums you belong to are probably owned by two major forum companies - Vertical Scope or Internet Brands. They run a vast majority of the most popular automotive forums, because there's advertising dollars in it for them. The difference here is that this forum is run by one man in Floirida. Not some faceless corporation. Can we afford the latest and greatest in this-that-and-the-other for spam detection, etc. etc? No. Do we want it? Of course. I don't see you supporting the forum at all to help attain that goal, so really, you're in a deal with it kind of position anyway. Feel free to leave, you're the one being uptight. You post 15 times in two and a half years and expect us to just lay down the red carpet. Get real.

dgarza
10-02-11, 04:31 PM
Dude, your panties. Unbunch them.

You're forgetting one simple fact: those other 10+ forums you belong to are probably owned by two major forum companies - Vertical Scope or Internet Brands. They run a vast majority of the most popular automotive forums, because there's advertising dollars in it for them. The difference here is that this forum is run by one man in Floirida. Not some faceless corporation. Can we afford the latest and greatest in this-that-and-the-other for spam detection, etc. etc? No. Do we want it? Of course. I don't see you supporting the forum at all to help attain that goal, so really, you're in a deal with it kind of position anyway. Feel free to leave, you're the one being uptight. You post 15 times in two and a half years and expect us to just lay down the red carpet. Get real.
Stingroo no offense, but you're a moron. How is the ability to pm asking for a red carpet? Like I said just trying to buy something from a "privileged member" with no way to contact him. And sorry I'm not a post whore like yourself. Forgive me for only posting 15 times in this forum. So please don't choke on my wadded up panties :xgrin::xgrin::xgrin: btw your mom wants you to get off the computer and clean your room...

JimmyH
10-02-11, 05:05 PM
Stingroo no offense, but you're a moron.

Wrong answer, my man. I suggest you take some time off, think about it, and come back when you are feeling nicer. Or else keep going on as you are, and the decision will be made for you.