: First real voyage in our 2012 SRX

Maxdmax
09-19-11, 09:21 PM
We drove our new 2012 SRX Premium on a beautiful 500 mile trip this weekend from East KY. down to Knoxville TN. and back. We averaged right at 24 mpg with me driving! This was a big surprise since I was hoping for 21 or 22 mpg in consideration of factoring in my speedy nature. :D The SRX had no problems on any of the mountains at all, the 3.6 liter V6 did a great job. The car was a joy to drive and was very comfortable to say the least. I setup the onstar iPhone app on my Wife's iPhone and iPad and we have had a lot of fun playing with it (I am not sure our dogs quite understood how the car could honk it's horn, flash its lights, lock and unlock the doors and startup in the garage with no one around though) every feature of the app worked as stated without any issues. This has got to be the nicest car we have had to date! Thumbs up GM I think you got this one right.

Ponyman
09-19-11, 09:58 PM
Sounds great. That is about the same mileage our 3.0 gets, so that is good news that the larger engine didn't hurt the mileage. Enjoy.

GMJim
09-20-11, 07:49 AM
Kinda nice to read a happy story once, and a while. Thanks for sharing.

Ponyman
09-20-11, 10:34 AM
Remember Jim, when people are unhappy they don't hesitate to complain. When happy, they just enjoy and never think to compliment. Just the nature of the human beast, therefore, more complaints end up on these boards.

Marc NY
09-20-11, 12:30 PM
Remember Jim, when people are unhappy they don't hesitate to complain. When happy, they just enjoy and never think to compliment. Just the nature of the human beast, therefore, more complaints end up on these boards.You are correct Poneyman!

I have some COMPLAINTANTS!

1) I hate I have so much power that I now have to worry about getting speeding tickets!
2) I hate where the new door locks are located!
3) I hate that the windows have dual layer insulated glass!
4) I hate the sweet roar of the 3.6 engine and muffler!
5) I hate the new dry brakes feature!
6) I hate the new sound insulation!
7) I hate the new 20" machined surface wheels!
8) I hate the softer and more refined ride!
9) I hate the new infotainment systems shorter connectivity time with my iPhone!
10) I hate the metallic Black Ice paint!
11) I hate the new 3.6 badge on the rear of my SRX!
12) I hate that people are always asking me what kind of new vehicle that is!

Most of all I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the fact that people are staring at me all the time!!!!

Hmm or is it my beautiful SRX they are looking at? :D

Ponyman
09-20-11, 01:24 PM
Marc, I don't know you, but unless you strongly resemble Brad Pitt, I think they are looking at the SRX. SRX's are still a rare sight in our small town, and my wife says people are always looking at it. It is two years old, but I normally keep it so clean that it can still pass for brand new.

GMJim
09-20-11, 01:26 PM
Marc, your a downer, go to hell

lol

Marc NY
09-20-11, 01:35 PM
Marc, I don't know you, but unless you strongly resemble Brad Pitt, I think they are looking at the SRX.

Dang it! Here I thought it was me they were staring at! :bigroll: :suspect:

Marc, your a downer, go to hell

lolHeheheh... :Poke:

b4z
09-20-11, 04:58 PM
I would kill to get 24mpg in a 4300lb CUV that can get out of it's own way.
Intersting the mileage a vehicle can get when it's not dropping down 2 gears on every hill.

cz9h3d
09-20-11, 08:43 PM
On a 1400 mile vacation in my 2012, I averaged 23mpg (FWD). I'm pretty happy. With the 3.6L, you don't have your foot into the throttle so much. I think real world fuel economy may even be slightly better with the 3.6L.

stevec5375
09-20-11, 09:15 PM
On a 1400 mile vacation in my 2012, I averaged 23mpg (FWD). I'm pretty happy. With the 3.6L, you don't have your foot into the throttle so much. I think real world fuel economy may even be slightly better with the 3.6L.

This doesn't surprise me at all. First of all, I'm not claiming to be any kind of engine guru but my "feeling" was that the 3.0L engine is under needless strain which cuts into it's fuel efficiency. By going up to 3.6L they removed some of that strain and gave the SRX the umph it needed to make one feel in control of the vehicle. While doing so, they also managed to maintain or slightly increase fuel efficiency. If they would have done this from the start, they would have avoided the reviews which bashed them for lack of power. I'm pleased to hear the 2012 is faring much better in this regard.

PJ1520
09-20-11, 11:03 PM
Stevie.....I think that while the early reviews may have been worrisome for Cadillac, they soon didn't care about the reviews because the sales of the 2010 and 2011 were smoking. The 3.6L engine was an ace to play to keep things rolling in 2012.

STL Ron
09-22-11, 01:01 PM
We took delivery of our 2012 SRX AWD Performance Collection on September 15; limited driving, to date, is all local and we're getting 18.2mpg in the "ECO" setting. We look forward to joining your travel ranks in a few weeks with a 1400+ mile round-trip, all on freeways; we hope to at least equal your mpg results.

cz9h3d
09-23-11, 12:05 PM
We took delivery of our 2012 SRX AWD Performance Collection on September 15; limited driving, to date, is all local and we're getting 18.2mpg in the "ECO" setting. We look forward to joining your travel ranks in a few weeks with a 1400+ mile round-trip, all on freeways; we hope to at least equal your mpg results.

I always say people like to "fib" about their mileage and commute time - to make themselves feel better ;)
23.5 is what my DIC displayed. It was a mix of 73mph on cruise, but also a lot of 55-60mph two lane highway. The slower speeds may have helped slightly.

My wife use to have a FWD VUE with the 3.6L and 4spd auto - no DIC (thankfully), because I could never average above 20mpg!

Maxdmax
09-23-11, 04:19 PM
I always say people like to "fib" about their mileage and commute time - to make themselves feel better ;)
23.5 is what my DIC displayed. It was a mix of 73mph on cruise, but also a lot of 55-60mph two lane highway. The slower speeds may have helped slightly.

My wife use to have a FWD VUE with the 3.6L and 4spd auto - no DIC (thankfully), because I could never average above 20mpg!

On the trip I took I did not rely on my DIC to estimate the milage, I used the old fassion way of calculating the mileage based on a completely full tank before and after and the miles driven. I even re-filled at the same gas station. The reason for this is I know my 2010 Chevy Camaro's DIC is off less by 1 to 2 miles per gallons all the time.