: stop engine oil press

deadatdusk
10-27-04, 04:00 PM
this light recently popped up and i'm automobile illerate, what does this mean in third grade terms?

ocjmakaveli
10-27-04, 04:16 PM
if its your oil light then it means you need oil or your engine is low on oil so measure it and add more.

or if its a oil pressure light which i never heard of then you might have to do something else but standard red oil light just means low oil level.

barge master
10-27-04, 08:27 PM
It means that you have dropped below 3psi on oil pressure and if this is the case your engine will be dead as well. :eek:
If it isn't ticking or noisy it's probably just a sending unit, but if I were you I'd put a gauge on it to verify for sure. Oil pressure is nothing to take a chance with.

ocjmakaveli
10-27-04, 08:48 PM
a quick question for my sake do some cars actually have an oil pressure light?

i know some have an oil pressure needle which monitors pressure but i never heard of an oil light pressure light.

only oil related light i know of is low oil level.

btw the poster didn't mention the year or make of the car so i really am only posting as to my cars specifics 94 fleetwood which i know is how i am describing above

barge master
10-27-04, 09:57 PM
Every car has an oil pressure light if it doesn't have a gauge. A low oil level light is rather uncommon actually, they are usually found on higher end cars made in the last 15 years or so.