: Recaro's on Constraint- Vagon Orders

AC Promotions
09-19-11, 09:10 AM
Apparenty the Recaro seat option has now gone on constraint and isn't available for orders until some time in the future. The poll shows that approximately 20 plus percent of people prefer the standard seats. Are the Recaro's a deal breaker if you are looking for a Vagon, sedan or coupe?

I think the sueded steering wheel and shifter can be purchased over the counter but can the Recaro's when they become available?

If you were ordering Vagon's and had two allocations what would you spec knowing that the Recaro's can't be ordered.

Here is my guess of what might have the best chance to sell without Recaro's.

1) Wagon (stripper)- Black Raven, manual, ebony interor, graphite wheels (no higher priced yellow calipers, Ultraview, Sapele wood)
2) Wagon (loaded), Black Diamond, automatic, ebony, graphite wheels, yellow calipers, Ultraview, Sapele wood, sueded wheel, shifter (assumes enthusiast can somehow trade or buy the Recaros at a later date.

What would you order?

M5eater
09-19-11, 10:43 AM
When I ordered my suede wheel/shifter, I waited a good 3 months for the wheel. I would expect the effect to be amplified for;
an item that isn't avaliable for new cars even
cost $3400+-- I would expect $4-6K retail OTC
is so large as a seat-- I would expect people that acutally need them through warranty, *and* new car stock to be priorities first.

you could be eyeballing a half a year or more for the things.

and yes, it would be a deal breaker for me. That's just my opinion however.

neuronbob
09-19-11, 10:44 PM
Recaros on constraint, again? That's how I ended up with my 2009 V without Recaros, I didn't want to wait....and wait....and wait....for months.

So much for my dream of replacing my regular seats with Recaros. :crying2:

NickCat
09-19-11, 11:32 PM
Oh man... I just placed my order today... with recaros... I wouldn't want the car without them... guess I'll have to wait and see what happens with my order when they get the order number from production. Only benefit to waiting would be more possible incentives.

Is the constraint only on the wagons? If so, why?

RapidRob
09-19-11, 11:40 PM
Recaros on constraint, again? That's how I ended up with my 2009 V without Recaros, I didn't want to wait....and wait....and wait....for months.

+1 - Yep, thats pretty much why I don't have them as well. If they had been available at the time I ordered, I'd probably have them now ...

Rob

SoCalCTSV
09-19-11, 11:59 PM
I ordered mine last Monday and just got word Friday this was happening. I ordered a coupe. Mr. Quinn said he was working on an angle to deliver mine anyways.

FLTRI
09-19-11, 11:59 PM
Yes, definitely a deal breaker here. I learned long ago that when I 'settle' on something I don't want, I regret it for the life of the vehicle...

EuroTrash
09-20-11, 09:10 AM
Any eta, or historical point of reference for this type of thing?

neuronbob
09-20-11, 02:42 PM
^^^^
In the winter of 2009 when I ordered, they were on constraint for a couple of months IIRC. Have no idea what the issue is this time, I think at that time it was just that too many people wanted Recaros in a then new model.

SoCalCTSV
09-20-11, 03:43 PM
I will find out Thursday as that is when ordering day is.

Wannago
09-20-11, 03:51 PM
I had a CTS Wagon (non-V) as a loaner while my sedan was in the shop which had the standard seats. Hated them! Would definitely be a deal breaker for me. If I was buying and couldn't order one with the Recaro's, I would simply wait until such time as they are available.

Thrill6
09-20-11, 10:21 PM
I tried to order a sedan this weekend and was told that the recaros were on constraint. It's a real bummer and a deal breaker for me. If they can't make them fast enough, they should constrain them on the 3.6 DI, but leave them available on the V's.

hamta
09-20-11, 10:38 PM
Only way to go is with the Recaro's...

peso611
09-20-11, 10:52 PM
Recaros are definitely worth the wait!

Low Rider
09-20-11, 11:16 PM
When I ordered my suede wheel/shifter, I waited a good 3 months for the wheel. I would expect the effect to be amplified for;
an item that isn't available for new cars even
cost $3400+-- I would expect $4-6K retail OTC
is so large as a seat-- I would expect people that actually need them through warranty, *and* new car stock to be priorities first.

you could be eyeballing a half a year or more for the things.

and yes, it would be a deal breaker for me. That's just my opinion however.

I worked for Lear Corp that makes the standard front and rear seats for our cars and I would bet the OTC price for Recaros would be closer to $9k plus installation. There would likely be some wiring issues because it is probable that the wiring harness is different for the Recaro and Lear seats.....While at Lear my seat plant was required to sell Parts and Service our seats at the production price for a minimum of three years after the model run, the same seats would cost you three or four times my sell price at the dealer. Also keep in mind that the $3400 option price is on top of the cost of the standard seat. Part replacement is a big money maker for the automotive companies.....BTW my coupe has the Recaros........but I really like the Lears better:shhh::shhh::shhh:

M5eater
09-21-11, 09:46 AM
I would agree, after the current second gen model run is done that prices for OTC would easily skyrocket(I don't know about $9K-- that's expensive even in the Audi scene for some Reccaro's from Europe, but you probally know better than I do), but right now I think we're in a limbo state for parts pricing where we can get them for pretty close to cost.

My Suede shifter and steering wheel were ~ $200-240 From an on-line dealer and that was with only a modest discount-- the option for new cars has this listed @ $300 infact. It's not as if these were small pieces, the wheel was the entire assembly sans the airbag, and the shifter was exactly that-- the entire shifter. Maybe this was a freak example, but other common parts are relatively inexpensive from what I've seen on my invoices from service visits.

PeteK
09-23-11, 11:36 AM
I will find out Thursday as that is when ordering day is.

SoCalCTSV--

Any news on the constraint?

SoCalCTSV
09-23-11, 11:46 AM
Still on constraint but mine got "pulled" meaning, I got an order number and my deposit was accepted. I should get a timeline next week. I don't know if he pulled strings or if he knew tricks of the trade but I'm happy either way.

The Tony Show
09-23-11, 11:49 AM
Recaro'''''''''s?

EuroTrash
09-28-11, 10:53 PM
anyone have any updates on this?