: UPDATE: pics of my fleet with 22" spinners and rear discs

ocjmakaveli
10-27-04, 01:02 PM
pics of my cars new spinners and rear disc upgrade are here check it out and let me know what you think (http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=665178&cat=25&val=1&page=1)

opinions welcome good and bad

spinners are going to be a bi-monthly thing i'll take them off and put them on every so often so i don't get bored with my wheels.

A lot of hard work these past weeks with my diff and rear discs well worth it though my brakes are incredible damn cadillac should've included the rear discs standard i would have paid the price definitely worth it(most of the time waiting for parts to come in with long ship times etc.).

for those that don't have rear discs i think of it like this......think of stopping with a motorcycle and only using the front brake not only are using the front tire more with less tread touching the ground but the wait goes to the front but when you use the rear brake your tires will wear a lil more evenly and will get less nose dive and better braking overall cause you don't get pushed frontward during hard stops.

total cost for me was 320 including new rear disc emergency brake lines

Adam
10-27-04, 03:00 PM
nice, how did you get Cadillac on the top of the grill. that is pimp as hell. did you special order it that way? anyway nice :thumbsup:

ocjmakaveli
10-27-04, 03:15 PM
nice, how did you get Cadillac on the top of the grill. that is pimp as hell. did you special order it that way? anyway nice :thumbsup:

I had a shop custom make the letters and weld them i think.. i'm not sure how they made them stay on lol but the shop went out of business and i never got any info from the shop workers. :rant2: my bad just hope they stay on for a couple years

cost me an extra $200 this was a couple months back in the summer

i love it better than what i was expecting and it helps fill that space on the grille

Thanks.. later

ocjmakaveli
10-27-04, 08:06 PM
I fixed my videos of the spinners please let me know if they don't work for you guys.

you need the latest windows media player

evilrussian
10-27-04, 09:09 PM
Hypnotizing :cool:

ocjmakaveli
10-27-04, 09:45 PM
does anyone know of a free web hosting place that'll allow me to link images or videos and allow a lot of downloading?

mine keep crapping out and stop showing after a few hours or mins

thanks

someone please check the page again and let me know if they work i fixed them again cause it stopped working 10 mins after posting.

FASSTWOOD
10-27-04, 10:49 PM
Car looks good! I not a fan of 22's on a car but none the less it looks good...

Good luck with your future additions...

HotRodSaint
10-27-04, 11:23 PM
Car looks good! I not a fan of 22's on a car but none the less it looks good...

Good luck with your future additions...

I think a 18" in back and an 17" in front would look good and play on the SS springs rake.

davesdeville
10-28-04, 01:52 AM
22s look good, I like the Cadillac lettering on that grille, normally I don't like the "rolls" grilles but that makes it look alot better.

ocjmakaveli
10-28-04, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys and i agree on the moderate 18" rims etc. mostly for car feel cause it would give me more cushion when cruising but i've seen it done so much now around the forum I decided to do what I NEVER have seen done with a fleetwood.

Mind you i've seen plenty of impala ss with 22s, i haven't seen fleetwoods with them. I have seen plenty of feetwoods with the 13" or 14" low pro wheels though.

D148L0
10-28-04, 10:22 AM
I think a 18" in back and an 17" in front would look good and play on the SS springs rake.

HRS, could you please give me the part number for the springs??
Thanks

HotRodSaint
10-29-04, 03:27 PM
HRS, could you please give me the part number for the springs??
ThanksI bought them off of Ebay.

evilrussian
10-29-04, 06:15 PM
does anyone know of a free web hosting place that'll allow me to link images or videos and allow a lot of downloading?

mine keep crapping out and stop showing after a few hours or mins

thanks

someone please check the page again and let me know if they work i fixed them again cause it stopped working 10 mins after posting.

You can host anything you want off your home computer. Broadband connection is a must, though. It's pretty easy to set up and you don't have to be a mega-nerd :) There are plenty of resources on the web that explain in detail how to get started. And if you encounter any hickups I'm sure people on the board will help you out, count me in...

ocjmakaveli
10-29-04, 07:01 PM
thanks for your response evil just let me know what programs i must use and basic setup i should be able to do the rest.

i have an ok connect premium dsl. but i don't think it's enough for this file cause its 500k and even uploading to one person would take a few mins

let me know anyway so i can know for future reference etc. sounds interesting i thought of doing some like an ftp but couldn't figure out how to link it properly although i didn't try it out much.

HotRodSaint
10-30-04, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys and i agree on the moderate 18" rims etc. mostly for car feel cause it would give me more cushion when cruising but i've seen it done so much now around the forum I decided to do what I NEVER have seen done with a fleetwood.

I think most FW guys here have 17" SS wheels, if they have rims. Most 'custom' FW's do have 14". But I think thats changing too.

Besides maintaining much of the Cadillac comfort and wanting some cushion between the road and rim so I wouldn't bend a rim, the other reason I went with a larger sidewall (17"-19") was tire scrub.

This can be a good handling characteristic to have on the highway or street with a big car and tighter suspension. The lowest profile tires give little or no tire scrub before they will lose adhesion. Thats not good on the freeway overpass turn at 85+mph. I want a NASCAR wiggle and Jeff Gordon recovery! :burn:

I do think that 20"s fit the FW very good for low profile custom look, although it will be harsher and you risk bent wheels. My personal opinion is the 22's lift the car too high, and accentuates the FWs biggest weak spot of not having it's front wheels centered in the front wheel well.

But I'm sure someone somewhere will put 26"s on one before too long. And I wouldn't put those on anything other than a school BUS, myself. :D

It would be cool to a have a few sets of rims in different sizes and styles to play around with. Hmmmm...

ocjmakaveli
10-31-04, 01:09 AM
good points and thanks for pointing out my 18' mistake although if i ever went down to a lower size i would go 18 cause i like the number im sure i could find a good brand for this size.

I love the height though and to be honest to the naked eye 90% of people will never be able to see the front wheel and rear wheel misalignment.

although to be honest i may lose critique points cause i never noticed the front wheel is misalinged too. Unless you mean farther outward than rear?

i do know the rear tires are closer to the front and the extended arms fix this but i don't care about this at all cause this inch is hardly noticeable and i am not this an*l about my car at least in this regard.

i'll probably go through many tires and each size at least once but i do know that i would never have only wanted to settle on one size for the life of my car as i change my car changes probably next year i'll do the lowrider thang with 14" or 13" wheels who knows i like variety most of all

what i have noticed lately and i started loving even more how quiet my car is compared to most other cars even my newer 2000 suburban i mean i'm going 80 on the expressway with windows up and it totally quiet nothing to be heard i mean wow every other car i drive always has the wind or motor noise or wheel or something something that has yet to be discovered.

ive gone upto 105 without any wind noise and very low radio level and its been very comfortable.

Later and have a great weekend

HotRodSaint
10-31-04, 10:22 AM
although to be honest i may lose critique points cause i never noticed the front wheel is misalinged too. Unless you mean farther outward than rear?

i do know the rear tires are closer to the front and the extended arms fix this but i don't care about this at all cause this inch is hardly noticeable and i am not this an*l about my car at least in this regard.

I'm pretty certain that the rear not being centered does not apply to Fleetwoods. Only the Impala SS and it's siblings. We got a lengthened chassis, thus it appears that the engineers fixed that issue on our cars.

It's the front wheel, usually one side will be worse, that sits a little further back than it should. The more you fill the wheel well, the more it becomes noticable.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/289000-289999/289674_25_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/665000-665999/665178_8_full.jpg

I think the right side is worse on mine, but you can see how the front wheel is not centered on your car and mine.

HotRodSaint
10-31-04, 10:28 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/665000-665999/665178_4_full.jpg

This is probably as much camera angle as misalignment, but it appears that you hit a curb and pushed your wheel in several inches.

HotRodSaint
10-31-04, 10:39 AM
Oh, and I'm not trying to rain on your parade. I think your car looks good, and low profile tires certainly look better 18"s.

I just wanted others who come after us to have the benefit of all the information so they can chose their wheels more wisely.

When I bought my car, everyone was a lowrider with 14" or they had the factory SS look with 17". So I understand the desire to seperate from the herd. That can be done in other ways too! ;)

ocjmakaveli
10-31-04, 11:20 AM
don't worry i understand and don't get offended easily

i was wondering what you meant by "The lowest profile tires give little or no tire scrub before they will lose adhesion. " by tire scrub i would think when you hit a curb etc.

alls i know is(lol) my tires are z rated pirellis rated to Z - 149+ MPH

only reason i didn't like 20's on my car was the "dub"(20") is old and i didn't like extra space around the tires which is noticeable though i'm not a big fan of lowering cars cause of the occasional rear scrubbing the ground which i think always looks ghetto.

i liked the lift because it is only a 1" lift and you only notice it if you knew the car before the lift. To me it makes it look different and gives a better stance kind of the same reason why to some people suv's look stronger than cars. To me this looks similar

I was actually surprised about the handling although i have the low pro 3" tire on these 22" i think they might be 3 1/2 ill measure later the handling is still too soft on my new springs and air shocks in the back I'm hoping new hotchkis sway bars will give it the turning power i need while still maintaining nice driveability on rough ground.

I'm prettysure the rear wheel problem still exists with out fleetwoof just as the impala because i always noticed the wheel with or without stock wheels is closer to the front than back only 1" clearance in front of tire and 2-3" in back i had problems for a while with the tire scrubbing the fender a lil.

i will also measure the front tires all around and get back to you on this.My car was crashed on the left tire last year so i wouldn't be surprised if it is different lol.

Later

HotRodSaint
10-31-04, 03:10 PM
I'm 99% certain that the FW does not have the same uncentered rear axle issue as the Impala, Caprice or Roadmaster siblings. I'm 100% certain that my car doesn't.

It does have issue of the wheel being closer to the right skirt than the left. But this is an axle retainer clip issue and not a control arm mounting issue. And only those who feel under the lip, will know it's not centered left and right.

Scrub refers to the tires slightly slipping during high speed cornering. It's the tire squeel you hear when pushing a car hard through turns.

A larger sidewall flexes and gives enough so that the tire can scrub off any excess corner speed, without loosing traction. A lower profile tire will not be as forgiving. By the time you realize you pushed too hard, you'll be facing backwards. Fun, but not on the street.

There is also the issue of added stress to the stock suspension parts when the tire adhesion surpasses that for which the car was designed. Scrub helps to relieve some of this stress, but not all. Our front ball joints and rear lower control arms are already a major weak spots. Higher stress on them will only make them break that much faster.

I guess I should also mention for anyone else reading, that changing the outside dimension of your tire up or down from stock, can also have the same effect as a rear gear change. (I wonder how many 14" lowriders could beat me in a 0-60, before losing their top end on the QTR mile?)

So make sure you change it in a direction that is condusive to your performance goals. An increase in the outside wheel diameter could make those new custom 3:42 gears, feel almost like the stock ones you just changed out! :p

ocjmakaveli
10-31-04, 08:36 PM
actually the 3.23's i put in put it where it was before i actually needed about a 3.12 or something around that to get back to stock cause the tire is only 1 1/2" more in diameter than stock so when i put the 3.23 i have a little more umph than i used to and with the pirelli's tire slippage is almost none maybe 1 sec of slip or less the car has a faster accel than before.

exact gear ratio change is as follows..... 2.93 diff stock with 27" tire changing to my new 29" tire, the gear needed to get back to stock is 3.1470370370370375 but going with a 3.23 gave me a little more i really did not want to rely on my gears for performance and prefer to leave it stock for mileage reasons and just install a powerdyne supercharger next spring. I know that anything gained from a 3.73 would be taken back at higher speeds.

my hopes with a rebuilt engine specific for a supercharger is to get at least 400 hp minimum at the rear wheels all for about 5,000 probably and installed myself.. :bouncy:

Later

FASSTWOOD
10-31-04, 09:30 PM
I never noticed that front wheel off center thing.. Thanks HRS now all I'm gonna do is stare at my off center front wheel every time I get in my car. Sort of like staring at that ding or scratch nobody else notices.... :banghead:

Kustom70Coupe
11-01-04, 12:21 AM
I've seen Fwoods on 27 inch lexanis. 28's are out now, I'm sure someone down
in FLA or GA will have them soon. I think 22's are the perfect size if you
want big chrome feet. Your slab has that baller status that only a Caddy can
provide. I like cars on 13 inch daytons and cars on 26 inch Bazos. There's
good looking cars from every culture out there. Slammed cars are HARD and
so are the sky high lifted rides from down south. It beats rolling on stock
shit!

ocjmakaveli
11-01-04, 11:24 AM
I never noticed that front wheel off center thing.. Thanks HRS now all I'm gonna do is stare at my off center front wheel every time I get in my car. Sort of like staring at that ding or scratch nobody else notices.... :banghead:

I do the same thing with my dents, that no one else sees lol

other people think my car is flawless and everyone says "NO!!!" when i bring up the subject of painting it lol oh well i guess if other people don't see them i'll hold off on it.

luckily my white paint has so much light reflecting off of it that dents can only be seen at a certain angle and none of my dents have scratched off paint

i still get a lil P.O. at some parking lots that are SO SMALL i mean its hard not to hit other cars when opening the door like my uspostoffice GOD theres 10 inches of space on each side of the car once you park lol even if i pass the packages i have with me don't sometimes that's my biggest complaint of any store/place with parking lots.

elia
12-08-04, 02:40 AM
what tire size did you use 265/35/22, and did you have to lift up the car

ocjmakaveli
12-08-04, 01:26 PM
what tire size did you use 265/35/22, and did you have to lift up the car

I used the size 265/35/22 but I would recommend 285/30/22 but these are a little expensive you can also use 255/30/22 these would fit the best on our cars and will not rub on turns etc.

NO I did not lift the car at all but the tires have an overall diameter of 29" and the stock tires have a diameter of 27" so the car got lifted about 1" which isn't noticeable to most.

I did not however lift the car before installing the rims.

I would like to sell my set this coming January if your interested $3000 for rims/tires and spinners included check the videos out here CLICK HERE (http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/ocjmakaveli)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/665000-665999/665178_3_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/665000-665999/665178_11_full.jpg

elia
12-08-04, 01:31 PM
do the 265/ 35/22 rub when turnning

ocjmakaveli
12-08-04, 01:43 PM
do the 265/ 35/22 rub when turnning

They used too when I would do a full turn it did rub a little when I got almost to the end of the max turning limit.

So I added some 9/16 wheel spacers and replaced the wheel studs with longer wheel studs and now I don't have any rubbing on full turns.

By full turns I mean like when your in a parking lot and you turn it all the way to one side then it rubs a little but you can also get used to it and just not turn it all the way.

you can also just add wheel adapters 5X5 to a 5X5 these will also put your wheel farther out to avoid rubbing.

I don't know how yet but maybe there is a way to limit how much the steering wheel turns by adding some type of stop to it so that you could just limit the turning to eliminate rubbing.

i used 265/35/22 because I prefer pirelli tires the other sizes come in goodyear and dunlop brands only which can be noisy on the road and have less performance or reliability issues.

elia
12-08-04, 01:50 PM
How about the rear rims, do the hit the fender skirt

ocjmakaveli
12-08-04, 02:14 PM
How about the rear rims, do the hit the fender skirt

Nope not at all they have 1" between the fender skirt and 1/2" between the tire and inner frame of the car.

Best fit ever the widest tire for the most traction and still clears the cars parts.

On the back i don't use a spacer I just put it on like a regular rim.

The only modification needed on the back was a slight cut of sheetmetal to minimize any rubbing there might be with the rim if needed I'll TAKE a pic and show it to you guys.

I'll post a pic a little later to show the forum the mod needed for the bigger tire.

Katshot
12-08-04, 03:14 PM
Is there no limit to what those THINGS get put on? You did a great job and it's obviously a subjective issue. I just missed the party on those big-ass wheels and skinny tires. Can't see why anyone does them. I guess it's just a fad like anything else.

DemonDNF
12-08-04, 03:47 PM
I'd be concerned about extending the wheels out further from car center. Someone mentionned above (sorry, 0% memory recall) that the front direction already has weak spots. If you extend the wheels out, you add extra leverage on the wheel shafts, that extra leverage applies WAY more force on the tie-rods and such.

What kind of distance are you talking, fractions of an inch or several inches?

My favorite are the mags on HotRodSaints black car, but without the lift. I guess I'm old fashioned. :) I DO like the header job I saw in another thread, can't remember who, but that was awesome.

Robert
:)

ocjmakaveli
12-08-04, 05:13 PM
I'd be concerned about extending the wheels out further from car center. Someone mentionned above (sorry, 0% memory recall) that the front direction already has weak spots. If you extend the wheels out, you add extra leverage on the wheel shafts, that extra leverage applies WAY more force on the tie-rods and such.

What kind of distance are you talking, fractions of an inch or several inches?

My favorite are the mags on HotRodSaints black car, but without the lift. I guess I'm old fashioned. :) I DO like the header job I saw in another thread, can't remember who, but that was awesome.

Robert
:)

9/16 " of an inch lol This would not place enormous stress causing anything to collapse I've known people with smaller rims using 1"spacer for 10+ years without any problems.

As long as parts are upgraded accordingly you don't have any problems with any addition.

well HRS's car is actually lowered my car is stock but the rims added a 1" lift.

I like it because I'm used to a higher stance like my suburban and it makes it safer in case of a crash with an SUV etc.

I don't like lowering springs much because the ride is stiffer although many say its the same but it doesnt work that way sorry........

It all depends on your era/generation I don't like small wheels much but if I had been born 10 years earlier I know i'd be on dayton wire wheels without a doubt but it's not my thing.

I know many don't like caddy's its all subject to perception.

What I actually like about big rims is that it is still a new developement big rims have only been around for a couple years but 15" 17' have been here a very long time luckily with newer better tires bigger rims are possible.

I know in 20 years I won't be siting on big rims I'll try something new and different I don't like getting stuck in the past and I like to be versatile being updated with new things etc. but not everyone is like this to each his own i guess.

Katshot
12-08-04, 05:33 PM
It's very true that all these huge aftermarket wheels can be VERY harmful to your car and can be downright dangerous. This is why GM recently started going on the "offense" by not only offering their own line of over-sized wheels but have actually started marketing them and actively promoting them by pointing out how BAD the majority of aftermarket over-size wheels are in terms of both ride quality and overall safety. Personally, I love the Impala SS wheels that I used, especially with the custom Cadillac center caps I did. IMO, 17's are about as big as you can go before you start giving up ride quality for looks. I specifically used 55-series tires, rather than the more traditional 50-series ones in order to maintain Cadillac ride quality. http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/14/password//sort/1/cat/500/page/2

ocjmakaveli
12-08-04, 05:49 PM
It's very true that all these huge aftermarket wheels can be VERY harmful to your car and can be downright dangerous. This is why GM recently started going on the "offense" by not only offering their own line of over-sized wheels but have actually started marketing them and actively promoting them by pointing out how BAD the majority of aftermarket over-size wheels are in terms of both ride quality and overall safety. Personally, I love the Impala SS wheels that I used, especially with the custom Cadillac center caps I did. IMO, 17's are about as big as you can go before you start giving up ride quality for looks. I specifically used 55-series tires, rather than the more traditional 50-series ones in order to maintain Cadillac ride quality. http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/14/password//sort/1/cat/500/page/2

lol the funniest part of your post is you failed to see GM's marketing plan lol to put down your competitor's so that you can sell your own OVER-SIZED WHEELS :thumbsup: GM is smart

"This is why GM recently started going on the "offense" by not only OFFERING their OWN LINE of OVER-SIZED wheels but have actually started MARKETING THEM and ACTIVELY PROMOTING them by pointing out how BAD the Majority of AFTERMARKET(NON-Gm right?) over-size wheels "

Katshot
12-08-04, 05:56 PM
lol the funniest part of your post is you failed to see GM's marketing plan lol to put down your competitor's so that you can sell your own OVER-SIZED WHEELS :thumbsup: GM is smart

"This is why GM recently started going on the "offense" by not only OFFERING their OWN LINE of OVER-SIZED wheels but have actually started MARKETING THEM and ACTIVELY PROMOTING them by pointing out how BAD the Majority of AFTERMARKET(NON-Gm right?) over-size wheels "

You can believe what you want but it IS true. The vast majority of these idiots with huge wheels and skinny little tires are rolling around in vehicles that are not only nowhere near as smooth riding as original, but they are severely compromising overall safety and chassis component service life. It's just not as simple as most people think. It's not a matter of, "if they fit on the vehicle, it's ok". That's a dangerous way to think.

ocjmakaveli
12-08-04, 06:09 PM
You can believe what you want but it IS true. The vast majority of these idiots with huge wheels and skinny little tires are rolling around in vehicles that are not only nowhere near as smooth riding as original, but they are severely compromising overall safety and chassis component service life. It's just not as simple as most people think. It's not a matter of, "if they fit on the vehicle, it's ok". That's a dangerous way to think.

I can easily find 100 Subjects on NORMAL size fitting firestone tires that Exploded due to being poorly designed but if you can find me one subject anywhere online that is credible from some damage of a poorly designed rim I'd like to know about it please?

Why do you automatically assume that a VAST MAJORITY of them are unsafe please don't be ignorant and most of those idiots with huge tires spent a lot of money to get good rims but somehow you already categorized them all into a cheap poor manufactured rim design when in fact you know nothing about them.

My rims are made by American Eagle Wheels do you have any idea of the quality they make and do you know how long they've been in business? :bonkers: http://www.eaglewheels.com/index.htm

It's okay if you don't like a certain product/look but you can't put them down as idiots because your disagree with them because they chose to add lot of money and looks to their vehicle.

My tires are Pirelli scorpion zero assimetrico do you have any idea how long Pirelli has been in business and their reputation along with outstanding quality?

Just name one credible accident caused by a skinny tire? :suspect:

It's funny how many people say you are comprimising chassis components yet no on can show actual UPDATED proof ....a 5 year old article on old cheap rims is not credible sorry.......

and just saying you are.. isn't enough either

my tire sidewall is 3.6" How much is yours?

have you seen any sports cars tires nowadays they are even less have you looked at a bmw's tires?

or volvos tires?

Yes maybe the weight is different but that is WHY my pirelli tire is rated to 1874 lbs. EACH which is more than sufficient how much weight do yours handle? mine total a max weight of 7500 lbs. for the vehicle

you don't think that lowering a car thus by rendering the defensive system(including bumper) useless isn't dangerous?

have you read this thread which is completely credible and factual by a non-paid party/person

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26415

the damage would have been mostly avoided if the car had been at a normal height

D148L0
12-08-04, 06:14 PM
OCJ, leaving taste aside, Katshot has a valid point here.

As I said in another thread, bigger rims have this disadvantages:
a) stiffer ride. This by itself would be no biggie. However, a car's suspension is designed considering the shock absorption provided by a specific tire size range. Reducing this absorption increases the stress on other suspension parts.
b) more weight. Unless the rims are made of a lighter material than the factory ones (unlikely in most cases), bigger rims are heavier. Again, more stress to other components. And more important, the time and effort it takes for your springs to put the tire on the ground is increased. This means a decrease in handling.
c) taken to the extreme, the height of the car is increased. Again, leaving aesthetics aside, higher venter of gravity = less stability.

So, if I was GM, I would take advantage of the trend and offer my own super-sized rims, but making sure they are at least better than the stock options, and more suited for the cars I make.

ocjmakaveli
12-08-04, 06:17 PM
OCJ, leaving taste aside, Katshot has a valid point here.

As I said in another thread, bigger rims have this disadvantages:
a) stiffer ride. This by itself would be no biggie. However, a car's suspension is designed considering the shock absorption provided by a specific tire size range. Reducing this absorption increases the stress on other suspension parts.
b) more weight. Unless the rims are made of a lighter material than the factory ones (unlikely in most cases), bigger rims are heavier. Again, more stress to other components. And more important, the time and effort it takes for your springs to put the tire on the ground is increased. This means a decrease in handling.

So, if I was GM, I would take advantage of the trend and offer my own super-sized rims, but making sure they are at least better than the stock options, and more suited for the cars I make.

yes i understand your point and it is valid somewhat but no one knows yet how the Gm rims are or if they are lighter and coming to that conclusion without facts is not valid either.

My cousin bought a 2004 blue cadillac escalade EXT w/ 22's from the dealer with those options and the rims are incredibly HEAVY excess of 50+ pounds easily yet the truck handles them well.

so I myself haven't heard or seen weight saving GM oversized rims.

the higher center of gravity can be corrected/helped with better sway bars etc. but I would not know that everyone does or does not do this to their cars.

I sincerely doubt that GM would actually deal with any of those issues when using oversized rims.

or else they'd have to sell a over-sized package with better suspension components etc.

I bought my suburban with a 20" rim package in Feb. 2004 they are VOGUE Rims very rare and pricey there was no modification to the suspension or anything really. They just installed them like normal at my GM dealer yet again nothing special..... Except a higher price.

The rims are heavy but I credit that to good Vogue quality they are average about +/-50 lbs.