: Rear Drivers Side Window Won't go Up

orange57
09-18-11, 04:31 PM
I was out today and had the windows down. Upon putting up the rear drivers side window I hear a cracking sound and then the window will not go up. I was able to slide it all the way up by hand, but it slid down after driving a mile or so due to natural vibrations from the road. Does anyone have instructions for taking the door apart? Is this a common issue? I'm assuming it is some kind of plastic clip holding the window in place that just wore out over time. This may be covered under the warranty I have on the car, but I'm not holding my breath.

thanks,
matt

Delta
09-18-11, 09:16 PM
Sounds like your regulator took a crap.

Really easy to replace if it's not covered by warranty. Make a new thread if it's not covered.

orange57
09-18-11, 11:12 PM
Well the motor still operates and I can hear it go up and down. It makes me think it is some type of clip. It sucks i'm traveling for work tomorrow, so it will ahve to wait a bit before I can tear teh door apart. :banghead: With a motor still sounding like it operates makes me think it's some kind of clip. Maybe all the clips come with a regulator?

dkozloski
09-19-11, 03:59 PM
It could also be a franistat or the dingfod.

Delta
09-19-11, 05:03 PM
While the motor may still be good, the cables in the regulator could be completely tangled inside of it from a failed part somewhere else in the regulator. Typically the regulator comes with everything on it, but it may save you some money if you can find some separate parts.

You'll justnhave to tear it down to find out.

orange57
09-19-11, 10:03 PM
Thanks Delta. I will tear into it and find out. Sound like the best bet is going to be ordering the whole regulator anyways.

Thanks,
matt