: Back in a V

10-4
09-18-11, 02:45 PM
I missed my first CTS-V enough to buy another one. I had purchsed jimmyh's V over a year ago and then ran into some financial issues(family had grown and needed an addition on the ol homestead) so i ended up selling it to a marine in virginia. Back in Feb of this year the green light was given to me by the wife to get a new toy. went out and bought a 2010 Camaro SS(which is actually funny because i have kept in touch with jimmyh and at the time he had 2lt camaro i think and know he has SS) and enjoy the car. I was thinking of heavily modding my camaro when i started to miss having the CTS-V.

After an extensive search I found a CTS-V with under 25k miles located in Marion IL. The guy was asking 23k but he said the car was in excellent condition. I live in Chicago and was hesitant to drive for 6 hours to look at a car but my family was scheduled to go to the illini v. asu football game in champaign and i figured i would be 1/3 of my way to marion.

Drove down to champaign on friday afternoon and picked up my brother and did the long haul down to marion. when i arrived i couldn't have been happier. the car was in immaculate condition. the guy was the second owner and the car didnt even look like it had been sat in. he even had the original window sticker. i had offered 21 over the phone based on what i wanted to spend and he had agreed pending my inspection of the the car. i did a test drive for 30 minutes, wanted to make sure there was no significant diff whine and during the test drive he said he would take 20,500 for my time and gas to drive down. i couldn't pass it up. i will say i forgot how sloppy the shifter is in these cars. when i got home today i had to move the camaro in the garage to make room and my camaro shifter felt like a short throw shifter and its stock :)

anyway, its a 2005 Silver with ebony interior with 25k miles and 15% tint on the windows. sorry for the long post but thought i would share. only negative to the trip was that when i got back to champaign i backed up too far at the hotel and tapped a pole. it left some spidering on the rear bumper which i was very upset about but the illini won their game against asu and i even got some professional courtesy when the state trooper got me on the way to marion :)

10-4
09-18-11, 02:56 PM
sorry forgot the pic...its a little dirty from the trip back

crankedupforit
09-18-11, 03:17 PM
Wasn't your old car silver too? So if this is your toy, what's your SS? ;)
Welcome back to the team. I'm still waiting for my get out of jail free card. If you ever need a shop for any mods, look me up and I'll give you a place to go. Car looks cherry. Good find.

10-4
09-18-11, 06:44 PM
SS will still be the toy. V will be a daily driver. but on big snow days i will catch a ride with my buddy to the station.

JimmyH
09-18-11, 06:46 PM
So how many cars have you owned now? Or have you lost count? :lol:

JimmyH
09-18-11, 06:47 PM
And I still wish I had never sold you my V.

10-4
09-18-11, 08:01 PM
more than my age thats for sure :)

rand49er
09-18-11, 08:44 PM
Only 25k miles ... WOW! You made out really well. Welcome back!

P.S. Sure glad Illinois kicked ASU's butt. It's like icing on the cake.

10-4
09-18-11, 11:40 PM
now i just need to find a good soul that has some mille's that they dont use anymore because the car will have to be driven in the chicago winters.