: Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI

Wireboltman
09-18-11, 10:40 AM
I got my 2011 CTS-V Coupe to the track and had a lot of fun a couple weeks ago.
South Haven is about a 500 mile drive South of us. Well worth it!
These are amazing vehicles!

I bought it in July and put a KPE CAI right away and then had a B&B exhaust built for me and shipped from Phoenix.
The exhaust was a seat of the pants difference.
This air filter makes the supercharger just scream. (Bought that from recommendations, here)
I also did an SCCA autocross last weekend. You can find some videos of a few of those runs at youtube, also :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcIagpek988

garfin
09-18-11, 08:30 PM
I got my 2011 CTS-V Coupe to the track and had a lot of fun a couple weeks ago.
South Haven is about a 500 mile drive South of us. Well worth it!
These are amazing vehicles!

I bought it in July and put a KPE CAI right away and then had a B&B exhaust built for me and shipped from Phoenix.
The exhaust was a seat of the pants difference.
This air filter makes the supercharger just scream. (Bought that from recommendations, here)
I also did an SCCA autocross last weekend. You can find some videos of a few of those runs at youtube, also :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcIagpek988

Great vid! Thanks for posting the link! Ain't it a biatch when the slower cars hold you up? LOL! Mind you, from what I saw, they were reasonably cooperative in letting you go by...
Looks like you definitely had a fun day! Did you pump up your tires at all as it seemed that there were some "protesting noises" being heard from them in some of the tighter/higher speed turns. How was the wear on them for the day?

Best regards,

Elie

thebigjimsho
09-18-11, 10:10 PM
July of '04 join date and 4 posts??? Where you been, man?

Where in the UP? My grandfather was from there and had relatives in Mass City. Lovely country...

thebigjimsho
09-18-11, 11:42 PM
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??????????????????????????????????????????

What the hell was in your rearview mirror from :22 of your video for over a minute?????????????????????????????????????

Was that THE Red Devil?????

Wireboltman
09-19-11, 09:10 AM
Great vid! Thanks for posting the link! Ain't it a biatch when the slower cars hold you up? LOL! Mind you, from what I saw, they were reasonably cooperative in letting you go by...
Looks like you definitely had a fun day! Did you pump up your tires at all as it seemed that there were some "protesting noises" being heard from them in some of the tighter/higher speed turns. How was the wear on them for the day?

Best regards,

Elie

The rules of the track are that they HAVE to let you by. Anybody that doesn't is blackflagged, pulled off the track, and gets a warning. One more black flag and you're off the property, losing your money. They don't fool around :-)

I put about 4-5 lbs over in my tires.
A sqealing tire is a happy tire...

They wore quite well considering after I broke it in, I've laid down several hundred feet of rubber while I was "bonding" with the car ;-)

Wireboltman
09-19-11, 09:33 AM
It posted twice.
It didn't post the first time, I rewrote it, posted, and they both appeared-
Go figure

Wireboltman
09-19-11, 10:11 AM
July of '04 join date and 4 posts??? Where you been, man?

Where in the UP? My grandfather was from there and had relatives in Mass City. Lovely country...

I joined to read about CTS's.I decided to buy an Infiniti FX35 which I did. I raced that car at this track, too, and made believers out of many. Great car!
I have track footage of me racing the FX and autocrossing up on Youtube, also.
I then bought a Infiniti G37x Coupe in 2009. Another absolutely fantastic car! One clip autocrossing with the G. I would have taken the G37x to the track, too, but then I got a very lethal cancer and that was the end of that.

My odds aren't all that good so after battling that for a yr I decided this summer I don't want to be 2 yrs down the road and it's back, and I'm saying to myself---I wish I would have done this or I wish I would've done that- :-)

This car caught my eye about a yr ago, and I decided in July to splurge on myself.
No regrets and couldn't be happier with this vehicle.
Time for me to go, do, and see :-)

I'm from Ishpeming, right in the middle of the UP-

Wireboltman
09-19-11, 10:16 AM
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??????????????????????????????????????????

What the hell was in your rearview mirror from :22 of your video for over a minute?????????????????????????????????????

Was that THE Red Devil?????

Not a clue what you're talking about-

Torxila
09-19-11, 01:00 PM
Looked like a 69 Camaro at .24

Wireboltman
09-19-11, 01:24 PM
Looked like a 69 Camaro at .24

Yes, there was a 69 Camaro there and that was probably it. Heavily modified and trailered from Detroit. He got there late and ran in the advanced group tearing up the track till he broke something just before my session. Full racing suit, the whole nine yards.
The car was then put on the trailer and they left. The car was from CA originally. The guy told me if I had any questions on the V, he could answer them as he was part of the design team for this car.
Wasn't sure about the red devil part...

thebigjimsho
09-19-11, 01:37 PM
Yes, there was a 69 Camaro there and that was probably it. Heavily modified and trailered from Detroit. He got there late and ran in the advanced group tearing up the track till he broke something just before my session. Full racing suit, the whole nine yards.
The car was then put on the trailer and they left. The car was from CA originally. The guy told me if I had any questions on the V, he could answer them as he was part of the design team for this car.
Wasn't sure about the red devil part...You poor soul. You knew not of what was there...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/11q2/1969_chevrolet_camaro_red_devil_pro_touring-specialty_file

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/1969-chevrolet-camaro-red-devil-pro-touring-inline-5-alternate/4442630-1-eng-US/1969-chevrolet-camaro-red-devil-pro-touring-inline-5-alternate.jpg
(http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/11q2/1969_chevrolet_camaro_red_devil_pro_touring-specialty_file)

mberisha
09-19-11, 02:16 PM
:drool::drool:

thebigjimsho
09-19-11, 03:06 PM
I joined to read about CTS's.I decided to buy an Infiniti FX35 which I did. I raced that car at this track, too, and made believers out of many. Great car!
I have track footage of me racing the FX and autocrossing up on Youtube, also.
I then bought a Infiniti G37x Coupe in 2009. Another absolutely fantastic car! One clip autocrossing with the G. I would have taken the G37x to the track, too, but then I got a very lethal cancer and that was the end of that.

My odds aren't all that good so after battling that for a yr I decided this summer I don't want to be 2 yrs down the road and it's back, and I'm saying to myself---I wish I would have done this or I wish I would've done that- :-)

This car caught my eye about a yr ago, and I decided in July to splurge on myself.
No regrets and couldn't be happier with this vehicle.
Time for me to go, do, and see :-)

I'm from Ishpeming, right in the middle of the UP-Wow, great to know you're with us and good to know you're enjoying the V!

thebigjimsho
09-19-11, 03:08 PM
I put about 4-5 lbs over in my tires.
A sqealing tire is a happy tire...
Good. Make sure those fronts stay around 43 hot. You can kill the outer edges of the front PS2s very quickly if not overinflated. 2 sessions at Waterford Hills was all it took to wear mine right down, almost down to nothing. I pumped them up and was able to finish out the day on what I had left.

I later met a Michelin engineer at a Cadillac Performance Lab event and asked him about that. I told him I pumped the fronts up to 43 and he agreed that was a good idea...

Wireboltman
09-19-11, 03:09 PM
You poor soul. You knew not of what was there...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/11q2/1969_chevrolet_camaro_red_devil_pro_touring-specialty_file

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/1969-chevrolet-camaro-red-devil-pro-touring-inline-5-alternate/4442630-1-eng-US/1969-chevrolet-camaro-red-devil-pro-touring-inline-5-alternate.jpg
(http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/11q2/1969_chevrolet_camaro_red_devil_pro_touring-specialty_file)

Obviously not :-)
This guy doesn't look the guy driving, however.
I remarked to him the brakes looked the same as on the Caddy and he said they were.

thebigjimsho
09-19-11, 04:07 PM
Maybe it's a coworker...