: Question about TSB's

orange57
09-17-11, 11:46 PM
Hey guys,

I have a question about TSB's. I recently purchased an 05 STS Northstar RWD. There are a couple of things that I believe had TSB's associated with them, most notably the Transmission Software/Shifting and the drivers seat wiggle. Are these things that if they were no previously performed I could take it to the dealer for? Would these have an out of pocket cost associated with them, or is this something that GM fixes on their nickel? Also, Would these only be covered if the car is still under warranty?

Thanks,

matt

ddalder
09-18-11, 01:14 AM
TSB's may have a cost. A TSB is not the same as a recall notice which is typically covered for free in most cases. You will need to contact your dealership to find out for sure. TSB's identify known problems and how to correct them. They will provide allowed time for billing if the car is under warranty.

TSB's will sometimes only apply to a certain range of VIN's so there is no guarantee that just because your car has a problem "similar" to that covered in the bulletin that it will actually apply to your vehicle.

orange57
09-18-11, 04:29 PM
Answered my question perfectly :thumbsup:

thanks,
matt