: ATS Has REAL Paddle Shifters!

CTSVKINGWAGON
09-17-11, 10:15 PM
I came across this video a few days ago, should have posted it earlier. You can see in the vid that the ATS has both a manual tranny and one with beefy metal paddle shifters - not sure whether it is an auto or a dual clutch, but it's probably the latter considering how sport-oriented those paddles looked. :cool:

Here's the vid: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/08/gm-ceo-mark-reuss-talks-about-cadillac-ats/

M5eater
09-18-11, 10:46 AM
Unless GM is outsourcing or has been holding out on us, I'm betting it's a plain auto. That said it's so early in development I really wouldn't expect anything except the known powertrain details to make it to production. That's not to say I don't expect it to have some nice paddles, just definitively not *those* paddles.

CTSVKINGWAGON
09-18-11, 12:54 PM
Well, one can dream.... Hopefully they've been working on the response times.

JOEYCTS-V
09-18-11, 04:02 PM
They look like the D3 paddle shifters that will never become available.

Speedtrapped
09-18-11, 09:26 PM
I begged Lingenfelters to make a CF, or billet aluminum paddle shifter to replace the crap button( my old CL65 had buttons, so cheese). I would totally buy them even easier, I have seen other platforms with tip, and some vendors made CF with a very strong adhesive that molded over stock, my buddy had them on an Audi, the stayed on and looked great. He has had them on for a year+.

M5eater
09-19-11, 09:04 AM
I begged Lingenfelters to make a CF, or billet aluminum paddle shifter to replace the crap button( my old CL65 had buttons, so cheese). I would totally buy them even easier, I have seen other platforms with tip, and some vendors made CF with a very strong adhesive that molded over stock, my buddy had them on an Audi, the stayed on and looked great. He has had them on for a year+.
Would they have even done a custom 1-off even if at an insane price? If it comes down to throwing $400 at the things for the sake of getting it rolling...

They(the buttons) aern't even really in there very good, it looked like replacing them would have been cake when I swaped my steering wheel.

Speedtrapped
09-19-11, 09:48 AM
good question, I have to find a pic of my billet aluminum paddles i upgraded in my RS6....they were $400, and not 1 off....but the RS6 is pretty rare, so vedor stopped making, and sold a group of us the paddles $250 a set to get rid of them and discontinued....doesnt make shifting faster, just easier and i use TIP alot more now in my RS because of them...and they look great.

M5eater
09-19-11, 10:12 AM
The only reason anyone would want them is for asthetic choice. Buttons from a Pontiac Fiero in a 70K car don't sit well with me. I've read the old D3 Paddle threads, I can say with little doubt if this was something they wanted to produce we would have a product by now. It's not rocket science, with a CNC machine these things should take a few weeks spending a few hours a day working on at the most to bring into a final product that anyone who really wants a pair would pay a few hundred dollars for. I might even be satisified with a high-quality molded plastic piece even. At this point though, a year after they were first announced, I don't believe we'll ever see anything from D3 on this.

I'm sure you're familiar with 034 if you have an RS6, they have their own CNC machine and managed to pop out products for the B8 S4 fairly quickly. Heck, they're still poping new stuff out for the B5 S4 even, and that platform is 10+ years old! The Auto V2's don't have a smaller modder community and they also outnumber the manual guys at least 3:1, I can't think of anyone that's said the OE shifters are even adequate. I'm just not understanding the hesitation here, unless they think that people don't use them anyway so they asked themselves what's the point? I covered that in the first sentence I think, and considering the quality of their products, I would hope they realize a lot of time, ashetics play a major role in a luxury performance car.

Speedtrapped
09-19-11, 11:30 AM
yup, the b5 S4 platform is much larger then RS6, that said... your right, V2 community is large-but I think the heads at GM thought 6M was the prefferred trans? Assuming why the buttons are an after thought. Again, I dont spite GM, hell like I said my 05' CL65 AMG(which new was $188k) had the same cheesey ass buttons.....it def is an aesthetic call, but like I said I do use TIP more now on my RS(which by the way, was plastic paddle, just small IMO)

Speedtrapped
09-19-11, 03:30 PM
I think i found a Vendor!....billet aluminum, they have it on there site, as development almost complete, I sent them an email.

M5eater
09-19-11, 03:33 PM
I think i found a Vendor!....billet aluminum, they have it on there site, as development almost complete, I sent them an email.
Don't tease me!!

yup, the b5 S4 platform is much larger then RS6, that said... your right, V2 community is large-but I think the heads at GM thought 6M was the prefferred trans?
The V2 is going to end-up in B5 S4 production number territory, although the B5 platform and 1.8T are both very modder-friendly too, so that helps I suppose. It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of 2011 MY it will exceed 10K units however. If you want to count deductions from ones totaled, I would bet there are more Automatic V2's on the road than there are Manual & auto S4's combined.

JOEYCTS-V
09-19-11, 03:53 PM

I can't believe D3 missed the boat on this one. Oh well. Keep us updated please.

Speedtrapped
09-19-11, 04:45 PM
I am NO tease.... Besides the more of us email them, they will know the potential mkt....they even include instructions, lol....

http://www.s2tpp.com/CADILLAC.html

M5eater
09-19-11, 04:50 PM
I think I've seen these exact ones somewhere else. Maybe someone will chime in if they've been around too.

JOEYCTS-V
09-19-11, 06:54 PM
Nice find speedtrapped.

M5eater
09-19-11, 07:11 PM
I was going to say that it was these
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/214610-d3-paddle-shifters-3.html

but clearly, they're different.

In any event, I'm not seeing a lot of confidence in their site here, and that GTI looks like it's from last years sema (not this years)

If you do hear back, let us know.

here's a VWVortex thread with a lot of vendors that make them for the GTI DSG's, if it comes down to it, we might be able to get someone to do some for us that just stick-on with some 3M tape
http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?83-DSG-Paddle-Shifter-Extension

Speedtrapped
09-19-11, 07:15 PM
Well fingers Xx, we should all send email...but if they don't answer, I'm not going to hold my breath.

M5eater
09-19-11, 07:47 PM
acutally..

if you read that thread I linked to the end, they're still talking about this company , so I'll send my email tonight, because apparently their main community wants another group-buy, so they must still be around
http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?83-DSG-Paddle-Shifter-Extension/page33

edit; scratch that, who wants to make an account and tell these folks we're in on the GB if S2T can scrounge up a product? :D

Speedtrapped
09-20-11, 12:22 PM
I got a reply back from Mike. They are finished with r&d on the paddles. He told me they are slated for 1st quarter of 12', but could be ready late 11'. I replied back that if he could give a general price range, we could do a group buy, and likely have good demand. I am waiting for his response.
Stephen

JOEYCTS-V
09-20-11, 12:40 PM
I received the same email response.

Speedtrapped
09-20-11, 01:02 PM
well, xx fingers. That said, I get an idea that my response will likely be answered same time tomorrow. If they can commit to late 11', then I would like to set up a group buy. I assume I can find 4 buyers immediatly. If we get enough, then 10-15 shouldnt be an issue.

M5eater
09-20-11, 01:39 PM
well, xx fingers. That said, I get an idea that my response will likely be answered same time tomorrow. If they can commit to late 11', then I would like to set up a group buy. I assume I can find 4 buyers immediatly. If we get enough, then 10-15 shouldnt be an issue.

I've sent Sal and Jimmy a PM to see if we can throw something like this up, S2T isn't an authroized vendor here, and that's what brings in the $$$ on forums.

Speedtrapped
09-20-11, 02:02 PM
Ty, I was just going to ask the question on group buy as I just received a follow up from S2T. $225.00 per pair, group buy 10 or more, $203.35 + ship. Of course there is more, but administrators have to approve.

M5eater
09-20-11, 02:14 PM
Ty, I was just going to ask the question on group buy as I just received a follow up from S2T. $225.00 per pair, group buy 10 or more, $203.35 + ship. Of course there is more, but administrators have to approve.
:O!!!! even without the GB that price is PERFECT. Not too expensive, not too cheap.

Lord Cadillac
09-20-11, 02:29 PM
Does anyone here have any rapport with S2T? It only costs $25.00 to sign up as a vendor. They stand to make plenty of return on their investment here so it would be nice if they supported the community...

M5eater
09-20-11, 02:37 PM
Does anyone here have any rapport with S2T? It only costs $25.00 to sign up as a vendor. They stand to make plenty of return on their investment here so it would be nice if they supported the community...

I thought it was more akin to a couple hundred dollars. Speed, might be good to reply back to mike and get him to sign on, I'm sure there are dozens of people in the V2 community that have been waiting for this, and even if he only received 1-2 orders/month it would be profitable to sign up here by the look at the prices he's willing to do for the GB.

Lord Cadillac
09-20-11, 02:48 PM
This domain is owned by an individual (me), not a corporation. :) Big advantage on vendor prices when you're just looking to cover the costs of a hobby/passion. Actual "advertising" is much cheaper as well. There are plenty of current members who'd be interested in the paddle shifters and we're getting a LOT of new CTS-V owners either signing up or lurking on a daily basis. We've been doing quite a bit of advertising for CTS-V owners and enthusiasts...

I thought it was more akin to a couple hundred dollars. Speed, might be good to reply back to mike and get him to sign on, I'm sure there are dozens of people in the V2 community that have been waiting for this, and even if he only received 1-2 orders/month it would be profitable to sign up here by the look at the prices he's willing to do for the GB.

Speedtrapped
09-20-11, 02:49 PM
I will pass along as we speak via email.

Lord Cadillac
09-20-11, 02:52 PM
Thank you very much!

I will pass along as we speak via email.

Speedtrapped
09-20-11, 03:17 PM
they would like to become a vendor and need to know the process, should I tell them to get on home page and follow instructions/ or should they contact you?
Stephen

JimmyH
09-20-11, 03:18 PM
I could see this getting alot of interest. Hopefully they can make it happen.

Caddyscat
09-20-11, 03:32 PM
Real paddle shifters? So when you're done driving, you can use them to move your boat around the lake/rivers?
Seriously, why upgrade the buttons on the back of the wheel to some fancy looking bits? Our cars shift so slow with button input it's virtually pointless. I guess some people want the extra bling.

M5eater
09-20-11, 03:46 PM
Real paddle shifters? So when you're done driving, you can use them to move your boat around the lake/rivers?
Seriously, why upgrade the buttons on the back of the wheel to some fancy looking bits? Our cars shift so slow with button input it's virtually pointless. I guess some people want the extra bling.
The same reason people want $800 worth of wood trim, or Carbon Fiber trim, or yellow calipers, or black grilles, or black rims, it's an asthetic modification, and all of the previously mentioned cost a lot more. You would hate any well established enthusiast scene.. half of the vendors for most of the platforms I've been apart of have inventories with at least 30-40% of asthetic-only modifications.

JOEYCTS-V
09-20-11, 03:49 PM
It's not a "bling thing" for me although I don't mind the look. It will definitely be easier to shift using the paddles especially while the wheel is turned a little instead of searching for it. It will also be more comfortable as you don't have to slide your hand down to hit the button. It'll be in a more natural driving position. And I don't know about your car but after my tranny tune it shifts much faster with the paddles.

JimmyH
09-20-11, 03:53 PM
aftermarket shift paddles are the first mod every dsg GTI owner does.

Speedtrapped
09-20-11, 04:18 PM
ughh, so funny why people would like to have an opinion, we all have one...it was discussed, it doesnt make a shift faster or crisper, But I actually like using my paddles on my very old, ZF trans on my 03' RS6...I would really enjoy using it on my Vagon. I just spent $1700.00 on black graphite wheels, I hope they make my vagon faster.....

Speedtrapped
09-20-11, 04:19 PM
Jimmy I sent Mike from S2T the link for vendors and told him his likely has a very good mkt to sell his paddles on. Hopefully he signs up, dumb not to...

JimmyH
09-20-11, 04:25 PM
Regardless of some of the naysayers in this thread, i agree with you. I would think they would sell alot of them here.

Lord Cadillac
09-20-11, 07:04 PM
Thank you very much, Stephen! Just ask them to visit the following URL and select one of the "Vendor" options:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/payments.php

Sal C.

they would like to become a vendor and need to know the process, should I tell them to get on home page and follow instructions/ or should they contact you?
Stephen

The Tony Show
09-20-11, 07:15 PM

I've seen that rumor being spread by a few people. For $25 a month, this place is BY FAR the least expensive car forum of this size to advertise on.

Thanks for taking the time to help bring them on board and provide some product for your fellow V owners. :thumbsup:

M5eater
09-20-11, 07:24 PM
I've seen that rumor being spread by a few people. For $25 a month, this place is BY FAR the least expensive car forum of this size to advertise on.

Thanks for taking the time to help bring them on board and provide some product for your fellow V owners. :thumbsup:

I have a few friends that are vendors on mazdas247 and audizine, so I sort of assumed this place was about the same as Both of them pay at least $75/month on those sites, and from what I've seen, the traffic isn't really that much slower here.

Lord Cadillac
09-20-11, 07:29 PM
Believe me when I tell you there are several corporations actively looking to purchase this site. They surely have little doubt that it can be turned into a cash cow very easily. If somebody wants to buy my hobby they're going to have to spend a lot more than they think it could be worth. It's like telling me they'll give me cash to never eat pizza again. If they pay me enough, I might consider it - but give it a few months and I'll surely regret it. I F'ing love pizza...

I have a few friends that are vendors on mazdas247 and audizine, so I sort of assumed this place was about the same too as Both of them pay at least $75/month on those sites, and from what I've seen, the traffic isn't really that much slower here.

Caddyscat
09-21-11, 03:26 AM
Hey, I didn't say it was a bad thing. Just that it was form over function. You guys get butt hurt way to easily. Forums are the best form of advertising, moderators get to remove any opinions that conflict with paying supporters while fooling subscribers into thinking they're benefiting from it which is why I have never paid to support this site. I have never gotten any really useful info here.

Speedtrapped
09-21-11, 06:20 AM
Wow, but seem to be posting a decent amount for an un useful site, thats like trolling, right?

M5eater
09-21-11, 09:05 AM
Wow, but seem to be posting a decent amount for an un useful site, thats like trolling, right?

I wouldn't have even responded, his character and opinions are clear, and I'd rather not stick up the thread further.

Lord Cadillac
09-21-11, 12:32 PM
If I were to allow our moderators to remove conflicting comments against supporters, that would be the end of getting new supporters. And that would be really stupid. What you're stating here is untrue. I'm a very fair administrator and I expect my team to be just as fair. If that's not happening, I expect members to report these types of things to me. I find your bolded comment below ridiculous and offensive.

Hey, I didn't say it was a bad thing. Just that it was form over function. You guys get butt hurt way to easily. Forums are the best form of advertising, moderators get to remove any opinions that conflict with paying supporters while fooling subscribers into thinking they're benefiting from it which is why I have never paid to support this site. I have never gotten any really useful info here.

hamta
09-21-11, 02:46 PM
Jimmy I sent Mike from S2T the link for vendors and told him his likely has a very good mkt to sell his paddles on. Hopefully he signs up, dumb not to...

Speedtrapped, thanks for the find and all the info. I already contacted S2T and will gladly add these paddle shifters to my CTS-V Coupe. I hope that they become a vendor here and will offer a group buy.

Speedtrapped
09-21-11, 03:20 PM
great...Yep, i have relayed, they would have no problem selling these here.....

M5eater
09-21-11, 03:56 PM
yall need to stop posting D: evertime this thread gets bumped I get excited.

Speedtrapped
09-21-11, 05:08 PM
lol, I hear that...last one until I hear from Mike or someone esle does.

Speedtrapped
09-21-11, 05:45 PM
Ok I actually have an update, as per mike bello @S2T. He told me, production will start next month, and that his partners will sign as a vendor 1st of oct. Sounds like we should have paddle shifters by end of oct.
Stephen

JimmyH
09-21-11, 05:47 PM

um, no. we don't. we remove overly critical, obnoxious posts from people who post harassing comments without ever having done business with who they are harassing. If a vendor has wronged someone, that someone is free to share their experience with this forum. But we will NOT allow unsubstantiated allegations to fly.

Caddyscat
09-22-11, 03:34 AM
Was thinking about my initial post earlier today. I usually keep my negative opinions to myself, I was not looking at the paddles objectively, I was only looking at them from my own perspective. Someone made the comment about the carbon fiber trim and that is something I would like to install someday. And even though it serves no overall purpose, it's still really cool.
So, to all of you who I might have offended, I apologize for sounding like an ass. What you do to your car is your business and I am in no position to criticize that. I think that is the only downfall to this A6 tranny (at least mine) is that the manual shifts are so slow.
I see videos of German cars w/paddles that shift lightning fast. I want that, but in a US built car.

JOEYCTS-V
09-22-11, 09:49 PM
Bump to the top to get M5eater excited. ;)

M5eater
09-23-11, 08:39 AM
Bump to the top to get M5eater excited. ;)
LOL

Ok I actually have an update, as per mike bello @S2T. He told me, production will start next month, and that his partners will sign as a vendor 1st of oct. Sounds like we should have paddle shifters by end of oct.
Stephen

HAWT. I've seet Mike posting around here already!

S2TPerformance
09-26-11, 06:33 PM
I came across this video a few days ago, should have posted it earlier. You can see in the vid that the ATS has both a manual tranny and one with beefy metal paddle shifters - not sure whether it is an auto or a dual clutch, but it's probably the latter considering how sport-oriented those paddles looked. :cool:

Here's the vid: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/08/gm-ceo-mark-reuss-talks-about-cadillac-ats/

The new 2012 Chevrolet Camaro has new and larger OEM Paddle Shifters. They look similar to the ATS Paddles pictured here in the video. The 2012 Camaro Paddle Shifters are a completely different design than what is currently used on both the Camaro and CTS/CTS-V.

We ordered a set of the 2012 Camaro Paddles to examine them. I'll post some pics when we receive them.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

S2TPerformance
09-26-11, 06:50 PM
Stephen

Thank you for your post.

It is true. We are starting on the production process of the CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifters next month; however, due to other projects, and the SEMA Show, we do not expect to have the CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifters ready for shipment until, at the earliest, January 2012.

We greatly appreciate everybody’s enthusiasm regarding the Paddle Shifters and we look forward to serving Cadillac CTS/CTS-V owners and the community very soon.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

M5eater
09-27-11, 10:15 AM
thanks for telling us how it is rather than leading us on for a year. at least we have something to look forward to.

js615
09-27-11, 10:36 AM
Thank you for your post.

It is true. We are starting on the production process of the CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifters next month; however, due to other projects, and the SEMA Show, we do not expect to have the CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifters ready for shipment until, at the earliest, January 2012.

We greatly appreciate everybody’s enthusiasm regarding the Paddle Shifters and we look forward to serving Cadillac CTS/CTS-V owners and the community very soon.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

Mike - how about a few more teaser pics? I'd like to get a better idea of how these will look installed. Thanks.
J.

Speedtrapped
09-27-11, 10:44 AM
welcome Mike...looking forward to the product.
Stephen

JOEYCTS-V
09-27-11, 11:25 AM
Something tells me D3 will all of a sudden debut their paddle shifters. :yup:

M5eater
09-27-11, 12:12 PM
Mike - how about a few more teaser pics? I'd like to get a better idea of how these will look installed. Thanks.
J.

fantastic idea!

S2TPerformance
09-28-11, 02:40 AM
J.

We will need to take a few new pictures but, I will get you guys some pics of the Cadillac CTS-V Paddles installed.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

CTSVKINGWAGON
09-30-11, 10:48 PM
I mean that it might have quicker response or a dual clutch tranny...

Titaniumseeker
10-02-11, 01:25 PM
We will need to take a few new pictures but, I will get you guys some pics of the Cadillac CTS-V Paddles installed.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

:suspense:

Aurora40
10-02-11, 05:09 PM
Unless GM is outsourcing or has been holding out on us, I'm betting it's a plain auto.
I've no idea if it'll be a dual-clutch or anything. But just wanted to mention that GM outsources most all of their manual transmissions.

Also, keen eye there to the OP. I've watched the video before but didn't notice those big paddles!

CTSVKINGWAGON
10-02-11, 10:01 PM
Dear God,
We pray that you will bring us and ATS that eats 3 series for breakfast, C class for lunch, and A6 for dinner. We also pray that the ATS will come with a Dual Clutch Transmission, and that you will end the suffering we endure with the manual mode in the CTS-V.

AMEN

M5eater
10-02-11, 10:06 PM
I've no idea if it'll be a dual-clutch or anything. But just wanted to mention that GM outsources most all of their manual transmissions.

Also, keen eye there to the OP. I've watched the video before but didn't notice those big paddles!

true, but the vette doesn't even get a DSG, and I can't imagine a GM where any of GM's cars out-perform the company's halo sports coupe.

M5eater
10-02-11, 10:07 PM

true, I think there are a lot more variables here to consider that make guessing whether it has one irrelevant. GM has alienated Vette and camaro owners from new technology first before, but they are trying to push it farther up the market too for example.

Dear God,
We pray that you will bring us and ATS that eats 3 series for breakfast, C class for lunch, and A4 for dinner. We also pray that the ATS will come with a Dual Clutch Transmission, and that you will end the suffering we endure with the manual mode in the CTS-V
fixed :P now REPRAY D:

S2TPerformance
10-03-11, 11:33 AM
I apologize for the delay. We did not have a CTS or CTS-V in the shop when the request for pictures was made.

Here are a few teaser pics;
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/ShoeiIto/S2TCTS001.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/ShoeiIto/S2TCTS005.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/ShoeiIto/S2TCTS006.jpg

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

JOEYCTS-V
10-03-11, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the pics. They would look good hydro-dipped.

M5eater
10-03-11, 12:15 PM
proportions look spot on, not too big, not too small, just right.

js615
10-03-11, 12:34 PM
Nice!!! I'm in!

Kadonny
10-03-11, 03:23 PM
They look great. So exactly how are they held in place? I can see the buttons staying sort of pressed in, but now with the paddles you have a chance of using leverage if pressing the top or bottom of the paddle and I could see these popping out of place.

M5eater
10-03-11, 03:35 PM
They look great. So exactly how are they held in place? I can see the buttons staying sort of pressed in, but now with the paddles you have a chance of using leverage if pressing the top or bottom of the paddle and I could see these popping out of place.

if it's like the GTI's it's just some strong 3m adhesive tape. it's worked for them, and as long as the fit is tight over the buttons we should be good.

JOEYCTS-V
10-03-11, 03:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken I thought their directions stated you remove the factory buttons and these snap into place.

Maybe the back looks like this?

Found it: http://www.s2tpp.com/cadillac-instructions.html

Instruction Paddle

M5eater
10-03-11, 04:10 PM
oh wow, that would be FANTASTIC.

S2TPerformance
10-03-11, 05:39 PM
Which design, do you gentleman prefer, ‘Flat’ or ‘Grooved’?

Grooved.

Flat.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

S2TPerformance
10-03-11, 05:49 PM
If I'm not mistaken I thought their directions stated you remove the factory buttons and these snap into place.

Yes, that is correct. The OEM Paddle Shifter buttons are removed and replaced with our Paddle Shifters.

Speedtrapped
10-03-11, 05:57 PM
Both! Mike they look awesome, can't wait till shipping...whichever is consensus, I will take either. Any paddle over a button is a huge improvement.

MrMaschine
10-03-11, 06:13 PM
count me in for a pair too. Hey engrave a + and - on them too.

What finishes will you offer? I might send then out to get leather wrapped that might be different.

JOEYCTS-V
10-03-11, 06:44 PM
I want the flat with the + and - signs.

M5eater
10-03-11, 07:49 PM
I really couldn't say between the two, my gut reaction would be to go with flat to keep it simple, but the grooved might be a nice place to rest your finger tips.

S2TPerformance
10-03-11, 07:56 PM
Both! Mike they look awesome, can't wait till shipping...whichever is consensus, I will take either. Any paddle over a button is a huge improvement.

Thank you!

We can offer both styles, 'Flat' and 'Grooved' if we setup a Pre-Order Group-Buy for the Cadillac Paddle Shifters.

Most of our customers prefer the 'Grooved' Paddles because they feel more elegant and comfortable. Our more 'track' oriented customers like the 'Flat' style Paddles for a more direct touch/feeling while shifting.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

M5eater
10-03-11, 08:00 PM
Thank you!

We can offer both styles, 'Flat' and 'Grooved' if we setup a Pre-Order Group-Buy for the Cadillac Paddle Shifters.

Most of our customers prefer the 'Grooved' Paddles because they feel more elegant and comfortable. Our more 'track' oriented customers like the 'Flat' style Paddles for a more direct touch/feeling while shifting.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

you better quit teasing us like this :P you might one day find your PM box full of requests

S2TPerformance
10-03-11, 08:02 PM
count me in for a pair too. Hey engrave a + and - on them too.

What finishes will you offer? I might send then out to get leather wrapped that might be different.

No problem, all of our Paddle Shifters are engraved with a '+' and '-'.

We will offer the Cadillac Paddle Shifters in two finishes, a Sand-Blasted Clear 'Silver' Anodized and a Sand-Blasted 'Black' Anodized. The engraving takes place after the Paddle Shifters have been Anodized, so the '+' and '-' show brightly on the Paddles.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

JOEYCTS-V
10-03-11, 08:07 PM
Can you give us a better understanding of when they will be available to purchase?

S2TPerformance
10-03-11, 11:28 PM
Can you give us a better understanding of when they will be available to purchase?

We can start taking pre-orders in November and we will begin shipping in December.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

S2TPerformance
10-03-11, 11:34 PM
Here are some pictures of the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Paddle Shifters;

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/ShoeiIto/s2tcadillac008.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/ShoeiIto/s2tcadillac011.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/ShoeiIto/s2tcadillac009.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/ShoeiIto/s2tcadillac010.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/ShoeiIto/s2tcadillac012.jpg

The 2012 Camaro Paddle Shifter is a completely new design for GM. I wouldn't be surprised to see this Paddle used in other GM vehicles, including future Cadillacs.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

M5eater
10-04-11, 08:33 AM
wow, so it's a completly integrated button.. that spells trouble for replacing them. Aside from hating the stuby ones which remind me of a kia or hyundai for some reason.

MSOsr
10-04-11, 11:36 AM
We can start taking pre-orders in November and we will begin shipping in December.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

Did I read somewhere that you will have regular length paddles and longer paddles available?

Mike (very excited about this product)

S2TPerformance
10-04-11, 01:33 PM
wow, so it's a completly integrated button.. that spells trouble for replacing them. Aside from hating the stuby ones which remind me of a kia or hyundai for some reason.

We like the overall design. We will be able to create and manufacture some really nice Paddles for the vehicles using them. However, you are correct, it will be a more difficult install for the consumer. The steering wheel airbag needs to be removed to gain access to the Paddle shifter switches. The installation for these Paddles will be similar to the Chevrolet Corvette, VW, and Audi vehicles.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

S2TPerformance
10-04-11, 02:07 PM
Did I read somewhere that you will have regular length paddles and longer paddles available?

Mike (very excited about this product)

Thank you. We too are very excited to be offering our Paddle Shifters to the Cadillac community.

Yes, originally, we planned on offering two different lengths of Paddles for the Cadillacs, a standard and long version. After some testing, however, we felt that the standard version is superior.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

Speedtrapped
10-04-11, 06:01 PM
1st in line....;)

hamta
10-05-11, 03:04 PM
Count me in then as second in line. They're just beautiful and I can hardly wait for their availability.

JOEYCTS-V
11-01-11, 09:01 AM
Happy November.

M5eater
11-01-11, 09:08 AM
Happy November!

M5eater
11-17-11, 10:08 PM

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

*cough*

>_>

*ahem*

<_<

JimmyH
11-17-11, 10:14 PM
somebody wants his paddles :bouncy:

S2TPerformance
11-18-11, 12:26 PM
*cough*

>_>

*ahem*

<_<

November is not over yet. :)

All kidding aside, I will post a new thread for the S2T Performance Products CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifter Group-Buy. We will start accepting and shipping orders in December.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

Speedtrapped
11-18-11, 12:46 PM
nice!!!!!

Titaniumseeker
11-20-11, 10:51 AM
November is not over yet. :)

All kidding aside, I will post a new thread for the S2T Performance Products CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifter Group-Buy. We will start accepting and shipping orders in December.

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

:drool:

8yourm5
11-21-11, 07:13 PM
try contacting billet technologys ask for Hedi and see she can do for you. They were the # 1 people for any thing billet for the srt8's. Hell I might even call her and ask for you guys

I left her a MSG on facebook, let's see what they say

S2TPerformance
12-01-11, 10:47 PM
For those members that are interested in S2T Performance Products CNC Aluminum Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifter Extensions please visit our new thread;

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/246298-s2t-performance-products-cadillac-cts-cts.html

Thank you for your consideration.