: Accepted Delivery of 2012 V Wagon with some Minor Disappointments

peso611
09-17-11, 06:57 PM
I just picked up my 2012 V wagon today. Very happy with the car so far, but what is the deal with the floor mats? There is no V embroidery or Cadillac embroidery on the mats or seats. I thought the V came with etched in V in the seats all I got was a V metal badge in the seats. I heard several times about the lack of luxury interior but damn. My Platinum Escalade has a superior intrior to the V wagon. Am I missing something did they give me the correct interior. The dealer or the manufacturer also messed up on my yellow calipers, they gave me the silver ones and said the will have the yellow ones shipped later. WTF?

Me Wanna A V
09-17-11, 07:32 PM
Did you order the Graphite wheels as the yellow calipers only come with the graphite wheel option which is $800.

lilred
09-17-11, 07:34 PM
Funny, the first thing my wife said about the interior was "What's up with the cheap floormats?".

vade_R
09-17-11, 08:16 PM
the floormats are cheap, get the lloyd's ones, they are what they should have put on the V

ItsJustMyCaddy
09-17-11, 08:44 PM
There is no V embroidery or Cadillac embroidery on the mats or seats. I thought the V came with etched in V in the seats all I got was a V metal badge in the seats. My Platinum Escalade has a superior intrior to the V wagon. Am I missing something did they give me the correct interior. WTF?

Get the Lloyds mats.
You don't have the Recaros.
The Platinum Escalade is $90K. The Premium, which is still almost $80K, is a big step down in interior.

Enjoy the car!!!

peso611
09-17-11, 10:43 PM
Get the Lloyds mats.
The Platinum Escalade is $90K. The Premium, which is still almost $80K, is a big step down in interior.

Enjoy the car!!!

I do have Recaros. I guess I was spoiled by the Platinum. Thanks I will!

peso611
09-17-11, 10:44 PM
Yes, I did order the graphite I think the manufacturer deleted them or the dealer did not place the order correctly

peso611
09-17-11, 10:46 PM
Get the Lloyds mats.

Enjoy the car!!!

Thanks I'll look into them tonight.

dcc8203
09-17-11, 10:48 PM
I have to say, after picking up my Vagon yesterday and taking it out for a 200 mile trip through the Texas Hill Country, the quality of the mats was the absolute LAST thing on my mind. Coming out of a G8 GXP with upgraded Pedders suspension, the ride quality and power is night and freaking day.

The mats. Really? Get in the car and drive it and you will never want to drive that Escalade again!

peso611
09-17-11, 10:51 PM
Did you order the Graphite wheels as the yellow calipers only come with the graphite wheel option which is $800.
Yes, I did order the graphite I think the manufacturer deleted them or the dealer did not place the order correctly

peso611
09-18-11, 01:31 AM
I have to say, after picking up my Vagon yesterday and taking it out for a 200 mile trip through the Texas Hill Country, the quality of the mats was the absolute LAST thing on my mind. Coming out of a G8 GXP with upgraded Pedders suspension, the ride quality and power is night and freaking day.

The mats. Really? Get in the car and drive it and you will never want to drive that Escalade again!
I definitely here you. I just got back from a 40 minute ride on highway and back roads and was quickly reminded why I bought this car.

dcc8203
09-18-11, 01:54 AM
I definitely here you. I just got back from a 40 minute ride on highway and back roads and was quickly reminded why I bought this car.

The only drag is that the manufacturer says the break in period is 1,500 miles. It's really hard to keep your foot out of it! And even when you barely touch it, you're going 80 in a 45.

Caddyscat
09-18-11, 03:04 AM
There's an emblem on each seat, on the shifter, on the steering wheel, on driver/ passenger door, and the trunk. Jeez, how many more do you need?
I cannot stand embroidered floor mats, they're so tacky! But that's just my taste, I don't expect anyone to agree with it unlike most who post online. Have fun with the Vagon, you'll love it.

Kluch
09-19-11, 09:52 AM
If you have an ebony interior, the Lloyd's mats do NOT match- they are much darket. There was a post on this forum a while back. Make sure you look at them with your car interior before ordering.

I wish the standard seats had v-embroidery. Look at the camaro zl1, and come on...thats a CAMARO!

mberisha
09-19-11, 09:59 AM
If you have an ebony interior, the Lloyd's mats do NOT match- they are much darket. There was a post on this forum a while back. Make sure you look at them with your car interior before ordering.

I wish the standard seats had v-embroidery. Look at the camaro zl1, and come on...thats a CAMARO!

The Lloyds don't exactly match with the V1 either in the ebony....but the slight color difference I think looks spretty sharp.....

M5eater
09-19-11, 10:08 AM
There's an emblem on each seat, on the shifter, on the steering wheel, on driver/ passenger door, and the trunk. Jeez, how many more do you need?
I cannot stand embroidered floor mats, they're so tacky! But that's just my taste, I don't expect anyone to agree with it unlike most who post online. Have fun with the Vagon, you'll love it.

There are plenthora of small details that are missed on the CTS compared to it's competitors. I could probally list 2 dozen things right off the top of my head. The fact of the matter is, the CTS is not a 5 series or E-class, it's smaller, cheaper and although it's come a long way from a Deville, it still shows in small ways. They're still entwined in this luxury on the cheap idea, and like the G8 before, it's as if they aimed for perfection, but at the last minuite some a$$hat in a conference said 'thats got to go' and made the whole thing miss the target.

The very nice V aluminum door sills in the front for example.. do not carry to the other two doors in the rear-- why?! My freaking 10 year old A6 carries it to the rear and it was the base model.

peso611
09-19-11, 10:12 AM
Yes, I have graphite wheels.

SoCalCTSV
09-19-11, 10:16 AM
Why did you buy this car if you're so unhappy with it?

M5eater
09-19-11, 10:20 AM
There's always something to complain about. If it's not lack of avaliable features, it's $700 per side for a piece of mirror glass E39 guys have to pay for. Or the fact that the 7speed DSG in the E60 is horribly un-reliable. Or the fact that there's a reason Mercedes is on the bottom of JDpower reliability surveys. Or the DSG problems the B8 S4's have, in addition to their WP issues.

Kluch
09-19-11, 11:08 AM

This is a forum for discussing issues with the car. Many times its the negative things that are brought up for discussion because people are looking for solutions or merely want to vent a little frustration and get some empathy from other owners. I love my V, but it isn't perfect and a little constructive criticism might make the next version better. Plenty of GM employees read and/or post on these boards.

M5eater
09-19-11, 11:16 AM
This is a forum for discussing issues with the car. Many times its the negative things that are brought up for discussion because people are looking for solutions or merely want to vent a little frustration and get some empathy from other owners. I love my V, but it isn't perfect and a little constructive criticism might make the next version better. Plenty of GM employees read and/or post on these boards.

They don't specificlly ask what you would do to improve X in their new-car surveys for nothing certinally.

peso611
09-19-11, 12:01 PM

I am very happy with the car! I just think that Cadillac could have put a little more into the interior.

peso611
09-19-11, 12:04 PM
They don't specificlly ask what you would do to improve X in their new-car surveys for nothing certinally.

Cadillac's Platinum interior is exceptional. I was just expecting something a little closer to the Platinum.

SoCalCTSV
09-19-11, 12:04 PM
I guess it's the ongoing American vs German / Japanese quality thing. Isn't this an known fact?

peso611
09-19-11, 12:09 PM
Cadillac is capable of making a luxury interior. As they have proven in the past.

peso611
09-19-11, 12:10 PM
I guess it's the ongoing American vs German / Japanese quality thing. Isn't this an known fact?
Cadillac is capable of making a luxury interior. As they have proven in the past.

peso611
09-19-11, 12:11 PM

M5eater
09-19-11, 12:48 PM

say that 3 times fast.. wait..

lol, just playing.

peso611
09-19-11, 01:06 PM
Something closer to this would have been nice. There is about a $20,000.00 price difference however there is a lot more Escalade then V.

The Tony Show
09-19-11, 01:23 PM
GMT900 trucks have terribly cheap interiors, but it's well hidden by the pleasing shapes they mold all the plastic into. Platinum Edition Escalades hide it further with nice leather wrap on the upper IP and doors, but the fit/finish on the CTS interior is leagues beyond the Escalade.

Just goes to show that interiors are a subjective thing.

M5eater
09-19-11, 01:27 PM
GMT900 trucks have terribly cheap interiors, but it's well hidden by the pleasing shapes they mold all the plastic into. Platinum Edition Escalades hide it further with nice leather wrap on the upper IP and doors, but the fit/finish on the CTS interior is leagues beyond the Escalade.

Just goes to show that interiors are a subjective thing.
agree on all points. There's sprucing up something to the point that it looks good and then there's starting from scratch and making it look good from the get-go. Compare a $90K Platinum to a Land Rover and the point will become clear.

peso611
09-19-11, 01:30 PM
agree on all points. There's sprucing up something to the point that it looks good and then there's starting from scratch and making it look good from the get-go.

So in your opinion you think the V interior looks better then the Platinum?

M5eater
09-19-11, 01:34 PM
Everyone has their own opinions. I think the facts would be that the CTS has better fit, and more dramatic shapes, but that the Platinum GMT900 may have better materials.

peso611
09-19-11, 01:37 PM
Everyone has their own opinions. I think the facts would be that the CTS has better fit, and more dramatic shapes, but that the Platinum GMT900 may have better materials.

Understood, I have never seen the GMT900 interior. Are the Escalade Platinum and GMT900 Platinum interior the same?

M5eater
09-19-11, 01:42 PM
Understood, I have never seen the GMT900 interior. Are the Escalade Platinum and GMT900 Platinum interior the same?
sure you have, GMT930, specificlly, is the Chevrolet/GMC truck platform since 06.

http://images.usedcheapcars.org/used-gmc/2009-gmc-yukon-xl-slt-2-12-ton-ffv/yukon-2009-dash-01-ucc.jpg

mother
09-19-11, 01:43 PM
After seeing your pictures, honestly yes. I think you're just dealing with a personal taste issue. Better fit on the rear upholstery though...

I think the UI on the CTSv leaves a lot of room for improvement, and the molded plastic below the beltline has no place in the car, but I'll take our piano center console with midnight sapele wood over that thing all day.

peso611
09-20-11, 05:16 PM
I just picked up my 2012 V wagon today. Very happy with the car so far, but what is the deal with the floor mats? There is no V embroidery or Cadillac embroidery on the mats or seats. I thought the V came with etched in V in the seats all I got was a V metal badge in the seats. I heard several times about the lack of luxury interior but damn. My Platinum Escalade has a superior intrior to the V wagon. Am I missing something did they give me the correct interior. The dealer or the manufacturer also messed up on my yellow calipers, they gave me the silver ones and said the will have the yellow ones shipped later. WTF?

Dealer picked up my car today to add yellow calipers:).