: Loose clutch bleeder valve - normal?

WesH8398
09-17-11, 06:40 PM
I haven't thought about this for a year now, but it looks like I'm in need of another clutch bleed soon, so it's back on my mind. Is it normal that the nut/valve where my clutch fluid bleeds from felt very loose when I was bleeding it last year? I mean when I had it opened up to bleed, the piece felt like it was going to fall out, and it was just barely loosened off...?

CadzillaTN
09-17-11, 07:32 PM
Loose, or just easy to open? Doesn't take alot of force to open and close, but tight is tight. If it was open at all I'd assume you'd end up with no pedal and lose the ability to disengage the clutch pretty quick as your fluid would be gone...maybe I'm wrong, I guess it could be open a fraction but not 'loose'.

Yes, when it's open more than the fraction it takes to bleed, it feels wide open/ very loose.

From what I have read, I'd have to be crazy not to install a remote bleeder while my trans is out....so I guess I will.

WesH8398
09-17-11, 08:01 PM
Ok. Sorry for the lack of clarity. I meant that when I had it opened up just a fraction, it felt super loose. Once snugged, it felt secure. I just wondered if something was wrong that the piece felt like it was going to fall out after being loosened off only about an 1/8 turn.

Houdini
09-17-11, 09:32 PM
That is normal Wes

WesH8398
09-18-11, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the reassurance!

PISNUOFF
09-19-11, 04:46 PM
Yup, that is normal.