: How much should I ask for?

wiz357
10-27-04, 03:30 AM
I have a modified 02 Escalade 6.0 AWD that I'm thinking of selling. I bought this SUV for our long distance trips and as a second car for my wife. Lately, all our travels were mostly out of the country. Plus, my 5 ft, 100 lb wife finds it too big for her taste. So, it's just been sitting in the garage unused. I drive it at least once a week just so the battery would not die. The truck is Metallic Beige, shale interior and an opitional sunroof. Never in an accident, no repaint, no warranty work ever needed. I'm the original owner. It currently has 36000 miles. All power related mods where done by www.stillen.com. Service done by the local dealer or Stillen. I just want to get a feel on how much I can sell my truck. More than $20k in mods.

My mods list.

Whipple Supercharger
Modified Intake
Headers
Tuned ECU
Front massive Brembo Brakes w/ drilled rotors
Rear drilled rotors with upgraded pads
Stainless steel brake lines
Corsa Touring Exhaust
22" Antera Type 301 Wheels with 305/40/22 Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires
Lowered
Alpine IVA-D900 headunit
Alpine NVE-N852A Navigation
Alpine CHA-S634
Vizualogic built-in headrest monitors
Sony PS2
OnStar and steering wheel controls interface
Upgraded lights
Lloyds custom mats
Rear Cargo cover
Custom rear cargo protector
Tinted windows
Aftermarket molded wood interior trim (not the inexpensive flat kits)

The Escalade is garaged in San Diego.

Raymond

T_Dogg8
10-27-04, 08:59 AM
that's a lot of money in a truck you used occasionally. sounds like the 'grandmother who drove her 69 camero only to church on sunday' ;) just kidding.

you'd probably be better off selling most of your parts seperately. might be more work, but i would guess you'd get a lot more money out of it.

i bought an 02 EXT in may with more miles than that on it and none of those upgrades for a little less than 40k. and that was the going market price at the time. so you can use that as a baseline.

hcvone
10-27-04, 09:09 AM
You will probably get slightly much more than the blue book price for an 02' Escalade, I have build show Corvettes for the last 7 years, I generally get 5-7K above a standard Corvette's blue book value when I sell my cars, that is based on putting 25K plus into the car. Mods are something you do for yourself and usually do not help resale more than pennies on the dollar. :)

wiz357
10-27-04, 04:14 PM
My original intention was for my wife to drive this truck, and my 16. y.o. son gets my wife's old GS400. But like I said previously, she just finds it too big for her small frame. I don't want to have to give my son a bling-bling truck just to cruise around and go to school.

Carl, I remember your screen name from the Z06 forum. I had an 02 with $15k of mods. I only kept it of a year and sold it off. I probably only got 30% of what I've spent in the mods in that car. Having said that, I'm aware that I'm not getting close to half of what I have put in the truck. I was hoping I could get at least $43-45k for my Escalade. Do you think that is reasonable? I hate the process of selling cars. I thought of trading it in, but I do know the dealer would not give me anything for the mods.

Thanks,
Raymond

hcvone
10-27-04, 04:36 PM
Raymond that was me on the Z06 Forum, nice to see you :) I do not think 45k is out of the question at all, there are just so many Escalade's around that is why you usually seeing them going for less with mods than say a Z06 with mods percent wise, and your Escalade (or wifes Escalade) sounds very nice, I am sure it is, and someone will get a real good deal. My fiancee does not like driving the Escalade either (that is ok with me ;) ) but she sure likes reclining in the passenger seat while I drive. :(

T_Dogg8
10-28-04, 08:28 AM
hmm....i get that too. i drive, she sleeps. except my gf is dying to drive my escalade. i told her she can drive it as soon as it's her's.

wiz357
10-28-04, 04:14 PM
Yes, my wife thinks it's our family room on wheels. :) Unfortunately, my intention of taking the truck on long drives never happened. The longest trip we took in our Escalade was 1000 miles round trip. Anything over 400 miles, the whole family flies out.

T_Dogg8
10-28-04, 04:20 PM
i make a couple trips a year to mrytle beach, about 1500 miles round trip with driving down there, and it's great. perfect truck for it.

MEJIA
10-28-04, 04:26 PM
My original intention was for my wife to drive this truck, and my 16. y.o. son gets my wife's old GS400. But like I said previously, she just finds it too big for her small frame. I don't want to have to give my son a bling-bling truck just to cruise around and go to school.

Carl, I remember your screen name from the Z06 forum. I had an 02 with $15k of mods. I only kept it of a year and sold it off. I probably only got 30% of what I've spent in the mods in that car. Having said that, I'm aware that I'm not getting close to half of what I have put in the truck. I was hoping I could get at least $43-45k for my Escalade. Do you think that is reasonable? I hate the process of selling cars. I thought of trading it in, but I do know the dealer would not give me anything for the mods.

Thanks,
Raymond

Giving the truck to your son is not a bad idea, and it will remain with the family, just kidding :rolleyes:

As said before, it will be better if you uninstall the most expensive accesories from your truck and try to sell them apart, in the past I owned a 99 Tahoe, with a sound and multimedia system worth a little over $8,000 dlls. When I decided to sell my SUV no one would give me over $2000 of the market price of the truck. So I decided to uninstall everything, sell the truck at market price, and sell my sound and multimedia compenents apart and I recovered about $4,500 dlls.

Just my $.02

Mejia