: fuel pump removal on 09 V??

v05
09-16-11, 02:35 PM
Hi guys, any one got any info on removing the fuel pump so I can change the filter on the end?? I searched and didnt find any thing on location or any tricks etc... :bouncy: any info would be great!!!

Razorecko
09-16-11, 08:29 PM
G'luck. I've heard all kinds of stories on the fuel filter.. I've heard that its in the gas tank and isn't a replaceable part, i've heard its a quick filter swap. Still dont have anything concrete

M5eater
09-17-11, 01:05 PM
A FSM should be in your future. If it's in the tank and there nothing under the bench seat or the carpet trim in the truck. You'll have to drop the tank. I thought we had a canister filter somewhere on the side rails though like the rest of the sane world. it wouldn't surprise me if it were in the tank either though.

v05
09-19-11, 08:00 AM
in the parts department at gm the only fuel filter that comes up is the one in the tank.. the enginer that thought of that should get is head smashed in!!!:thepan:

I have to look for a trap door yet.

I was hoping some of the shop sponsors would help out on this one.. we give them are money i would think they could type a few words in return. LOL!
Thanks for the help so far.

Houdini
09-19-11, 09:55 AM
Weird, in the service manuals I show a normal everyday canister fuel filter and bracket on the side rail under the car.

Razorecko
09-19-11, 10:17 AM
^ and that is the dilemma my friends.

M5eater
09-19-11, 10:28 AM
I think I'll check today and nab a pic, I know what I said previously about not being surprised, but I might throw a small fit if there's not an easily serviceable filter somewhere.

v05
09-19-11, 11:18 AM
i would love to see the pic if you get them...

v05
09-21-11, 07:12 AM
any luck on them pictures?

M5eater
09-21-11, 09:07 AM
any luck on them pictures?
yeah, I'm sorry :( I forgot about it monday and she went back to Colonial Cadillac yesterday. I'm hoping it'll be back within this week.

M5eater
09-24-11, 10:38 AM
she's still with the dealer V05, sorry.

v05
10-13-11, 08:20 AM
Hey M5eater, did you get any pics yet. Im looking to try this pump filter soon...
thanks.

M5eater
10-13-11, 12:17 PM
I've been sick this last week, and I forgot about it honestly before that, I'll get to it tonight for sure though

Tedboss1
10-14-11, 11:41 AM
Here is the info that I found in the GM 2009 service manual:
"The fuel filter is located on the fuel feed pipe, between the fuel pump and the fuel rail. The electric fuel pump supplies fuel through the in-line fuel filter to the fuel injection system. The fuel pressure regulator keeps the fuel available to the fuel injectors at a regulated pressure. Unused fuel is returned from the fuel filter to the fuel tank by a separate fuel return pipe. The paper filter element (2) traps particles in the fuel that may damage the fuel injection system. The filter housing (1) is made to withstand maximum fuel system pressure, exposure to fuel additives, and changes in temperature. There is no service interval for fuel filter replacement. Replace a restricted fuel filter."

v05
10-17-11, 07:09 AM
^^ so that is still saying it has a inline filter that is replaceable??? Did it give a part#?? I have called the guys at GM about this b4 and they can not find a part or part #..??

M5eater
10-17-11, 07:20 AM
negative.
I checked last night, it's a barren waste-land of fuel-line from the tank all the way to the bay. If there's a filter in the bay, I haven't noticed it.

v05
01-03-12, 02:36 PM
ssssoooo any one have to do this yet...???

M5eater
01-03-12, 02:40 PM
ssssoooo any one have to do this yet...???

Since the filter is in the tank apart of the fuel pump assembly, no.