: I am dreading the dealership service experience.

SoCalCTSV
09-16-11, 11:48 AM
I have a Mini Cooper and Jeep Grand Cherokee. My wife takes care of the Mini and for the most part, they treat her ok. Just ok. I only take my Jeep in for warranty and major service but have to hover over them cause they like unauthorized service. My favorite mechanic is the one for my 66 Chevelle. What I can't fix, he will without fanfare, drama or fraud. Plus he knows his stuff.

Ive read nothing but awful reviews from dealership service within a 50 mile radius of me. Aren't we in a recession and people are happy to have jos? Seems they aren't. Anyone have any suggestions?

GM-4-LIFE
09-16-11, 12:45 PM
Where in So Cal do you live? I can try and point you in the right direction.

jb_bgg
09-16-11, 02:06 PM
Here in OC I've purchased several GMCs from Allen in Laguna Niguel,they service my V, and never had an issue with service. If that's within range PM me and I'll give you the name of a service advisor to contact. Worked with him over 10 yrs...

SoCalCTSV
09-16-11, 02:28 PM
Where in So Cal do you live? I can try and point you in the right direction.

Agoura Hills. I work in Beverly Hills.

MotownPimp
09-16-11, 03:10 PM
Pick your best prospect and call the service manager. I do this every time I have a new car. I use the excuse I want to be sure the service dept is okay with servicing my car even though it was purchased from a different dealer. Each time the manager is pleasant & helpful. Then he gives the name of a person to call for setting up an appointment; usually he has the person call me tro introduce himself.

Point is the first time my name comes up at the shop, it is coming from the "boss". No guarantee but it increases the odds of being treated well. Just be sure to be respectful, level & pleasant when talking to the manager.

GM-4-LIFE
09-16-11, 05:38 PM
Agoura Hills. I work in Beverly Hills.

I take my V to Casa De Cadillac in Sherman Oaks. Their service department is very good. Sales department isn't that great, but their service staff is the best I have seen. They have V certified techs and they know what they are doing.

SRTVIPER03
09-17-11, 12:34 PM
I've been dreading taking my V to the dealer for service for the same reason. 11 Wagon with 6k on it and a few minor problems....sunroof switch doesn't open the roof unless I open/close then open it again and the dreaded wheel clicking is getting so bad that people look at the car when I make slow speed turns.
I've been putting off the trip because I'll be more stressed after the service than I am now. I bought the car by phone from Woodland Hills Cadillac but live in HB. How are the dealers in Long Beach or Costa Mesa. I can do Allen but it will be slightly further. Advice and contacts would be appreciated.
Thanks

Gary Wells
09-17-11, 01:12 PM
I have been on this forum for a while, and if there is anybody afraid of taking their car to a dealer, it is me. I have seen so many bad luck stories throughout the country I simply can't believe it. I'm still on recall for the rear suspension nut thing.
I think that Casa De Cadillac in Sherman Oaks is probably the most steadfast dealer around, as Shawn (CTS-V-TWIN) has had good luck with them for quite some time.

hlantin
09-17-11, 02:34 PM
i've been taking mines to penske cadillac in the south bay. i take it there for oil changes and warranty issues (close to work). taken it there for wheel clicking (twice) and gas tank cover issue. wheel clicking, still there! they also left a dent in the interior door molding. looked like one of the technicians closed the door on his boot and it left a permanent indentation by the driver side speaker. when i asked, they said that it wasn't them. gas tank cover was hitting the body when opening. kept the car for a couple of days, got it back with a small ding by the tank. i'm going to try casa de cadillac next. any other services/maintenance, i go to RPM motors in santa clarita.

SoCalCTSV
09-17-11, 03:14 PM
When I had a BMW, I used to drive 50 miles to an authorized shop that was not a dealer for service. They could do all the warranty work. That is what I need with the V.

CTSVKINGWAGON
09-17-11, 09:59 PM
I don't own a V, but I take my car to a dealer that is an hour away. Except, I don't actually take it, my sales rep comes and leaves a loaner and takes it for me, because he lives nearby!!

cdog533
09-21-11, 03:38 PM
i've been taking mines to penske cadillac in the south bay. i take it there for oil changes and warranty issues (close to work). taken it there for wheel clicking (twice) and gas tank cover issue. wheel clicking, still there! they also left a dent in the interior door molding. looked like one of the technicians closed the door on his boot and it left a permanent indentation by the driver side speaker. when i asked, they said that it wasn't them. gas tank cover was hitting the body when opening. kept the car for a couple of days, got it back with a small ding by the tank. i'm going to try casa de cadillac next. any other services/maintenance, i go to RPM motors in santa clarita.

Unbelievable! These dealers and techs need some schooling. GM, are you listening?