: Rear Window Tint

11RavenBlack
09-16-11, 11:04 AM
Has anyone done it? I notice that when I'm standing behind the car I can see all the way to the dashboard. The rear side windows are tinted pretty dark but the window on the hatch is hardly tinted at all. I think I'm going to get mine done today.
After all, I don't want the people in the car behind me to see when I'm texting :histeric:

:pow-mia: Never Forget

jcarlilesiu
09-16-11, 03:26 PM
I think they are all tinted the same.

The difference is you are looking towards the windshield which isn't tinted, so the back one appears to transmit more light.

Whereas the side windows are looking into the car and towards the other side which is also tinted. So it appears twice as dark.

smiley47
09-16-11, 05:41 PM
I thought I wanted my rear window tinted darker once too. Then I drove a friends Tahoo with a rear tint from Phoenix to Houston. The rear tint was done by the dealer so it wasn't illegal. By the time I got there I wanted to find a hammer to break the window. Your rear visibility is seriously reduced in daylight to the point that you can't see vehicles until they're right behind you, including the light bars on cop cars. In darkness all you see is headlights in the rear. No silouettes, nada.

All my cars have the legal max on the side windows but nothing more than factory tint on the rear. I suggest you try a sample before you take the plunge.

Maxdmax
09-17-11, 09:48 AM
We just tinted the 2 front side windows to match the passenger windows and back window. If you tint the back window it will be a lot harder to see out of and the tint won't match all around on the car. Here is what our SRX looks like with the tint all matching.

11RavenBlack
09-28-11, 02:37 PM
I think they are all tinted the same.

The difference is you are looking towards the windshield which isn't tinted, so the back one appears to transmit more light.

Whereas the side windows are looking into the car and towards the other side which is also tinted. So it appears twice as dark.

Yep, I went to the tint shop and the tech explained it exactly like that. I decided to not get the tint.

:pow-mia: Never Forget