: Pictures of Dash removed

wetcoast
09-15-11, 10:29 PM
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had any picutres of the dash removed from a CTS (-V)?

I'm specifically looking for the plugs from the service manual that are identified as X220 or X215. The reason being is that they both have ignition voltage which I would like to hard wire my Passport 9700 into a switched port. I know both X220 and X215 are behind the dash but I want to know what I'm looking for before I start to haul the whole dash apart.

TIA,
Chris

Umrswimr
09-16-11, 03:04 PM
Just use the rearview mirror- much easier.

wetcoast
09-16-11, 03:55 PM
Just use the rearview mirror- much easier.

Yeah but I want to have my Passport mute button in the cigar lighter compartment. I don't want to run power all the way down from the mirror or up from the driver sill.

LFTW8S
09-16-11, 06:41 PM
Yeah but I want to have my Passport mute button in the cigar lighter compartment. I don't want to run power all the way down from the mirror or up from the driver sill.

Can you use the cig lighter wire? It is on/off with the key.

wetcoast
09-16-11, 06:44 PM
Can you use the cig lighter wire? It is on/off with the key.

Negative, Cigar lighter is hot 24/7

LFTW8S
09-16-11, 07:32 PM
Negative, Cigar lighter is hot 24/7

Weird. Mine is not that way. It is hot with ign. on and dead with it off. I am in a 2011 V Sedan.

wetcoast
09-16-11, 07:33 PM
Weird. Mine is not that way. It is hot with ign. on and dead with it off. I am in a 2011 V Sedan.

Maybe it's different because I have an '09

digital1021
09-16-11, 08:17 PM
I believe that the cigar lighter in the front dash, aka 12 volt outlet, can be configure to either always on or switched based on the position of the the fuse located in the fuse box. If I recall correctly, the fuse for the cigar lighter has two possible positions it can be placed in, one provides a constant 12 volts from the battery, the other position provides 12 volts only with the ignition in the run position. You might want to check the fuse box, I don't remember, if the 12 volt outlet in the console is also on the same fuse or not, but it can also be configured the same way.

~ Matt

wetcoast
09-16-11, 08:19 PM
I believe that the cigar lighter in the front dash, aka 12 volt outlet, can be configure to either always on or switched based on the position of the the fuse located in the fuse box. If I recall correctly, the fuse for the cigar lighter has two possible positions it can be placed in, one provides a constant 12 volts from the battery, the other position provides 12 volts only with the ignition in the run position. You might want to check the fuse box, I don't remember, if the 12 volt outlet in the console is also on the same fuse or not, but it can also be configured the same way.

~ Matt

Nope. Checked the fuse box. That trick only worked on pre-2008 CTS

LFTW8S
09-16-11, 09:24 PM

~ Matt

Is your 11 V like mine where the two 12v supplies are switched?

RapidRob
09-16-11, 10:42 PM
Just for info. - my 2009 outlet is hot all the time. Haven't checked for fuse positions ...

Rob