: Wheel clicking and trunk opening

ta206
09-15-11, 08:20 PM
Well, I have just over 1,000 miles on my 2011 V Sedan and I have the common issues; front wheel clicking and trunk opening by itself. So I took it to my local dealer today and they said that there are TSB's for both issues and they fixed them. And now we wait to see if the fixes actually work.

RapidRob
09-15-11, 09:47 PM
^^^ - My wheel clicking was fixed by the dealer, and is still good 1.5 years later. My trunk lid issue was fixed by me not carrying the fob in a pocket that also carried house keys, a money-clip and change, etc., also about 1.5 years ago, and is still a non-issue today(dealer action was not required).

Rob

Kluch
09-15-11, 10:53 PM
My wheel clicking was fixed and back within a week. This issue has been acknowledged by GM as being without a permanent fix, such that the TSB is recommended to be performed with each oil change under the premium service plan. Frustrating, but at least its a benign issue. Of course, the best do-it-yourself fix is to sand the mating surfaces and apply an anti-seize compound. Dealer will not do this for you, unfortunately. The other permanent solution is to spend $1200 bucks on the brembo 2-piece rotors. These are not covered under the TSB or warranty. Good luck!