: Onstar Renewal for Directions/Connections

cadigirlchicago2
09-15-11, 08:05 PM
So I just go the renewal notice for my directions/connections plan. Has anyone just recently renewed? I'm looking for the best rate.....you guys always have the best tips - hoping someone got a good price and can share!

birolziggi
09-15-11, 08:49 PM
i just renewed mine directions and conn. for 249 a year plus 2 months for free.total 14 months

sube5186
09-15-11, 08:50 PM
So I just go the renewal notice for my directions/connections plan. Has anyone just recently renewed? I'm looking for the best rate.....you guys always have the best tips - hoping someone got a good price and can share!

I think I paid $149 for the year for the "Safe & Sound" plan. Regular price is $199. It includes everything except Turn-by-Turn Navigation and eNav. Turn-by-Turn Nav uses a live person to tell you where to go. You can also talk to a live person and have them download directions directly to your Nav system. From that point on you use your Nav as if you programmed the destination yourself. This came into existence "before" most cars had Nav systems. You just pushed the OnStar button and they told you where to go. eNav lets you download directions to OnStar from Google Maps or Mapquest. Then, when you get into the car you can download those directions to your Nav system by pushing the OnStar button and using a few voice commands.

The regular price for the "Directions & Connections" plan is $299 annually. These are all nice amenities. But you have to ask yourself are they worth $100 extra per year. If you use your Nav frequently and you're not comfortable manually entering destination info, whether by voice commands or touch screen, then it may be worth the extra cost. Based on the infrequency of using the Nav in general and my low annual mileage, in my situation it's not worth the extra cost. I'm perfectly comfortable using the Nav myself and don't need them to "spoon feed" me directions (using a $100 silver spoon). However, don't let that dissuade you. You may drive 25,000 miles a year and use your Nav daily. Whether or not it's worth the extra cost is a personal decision you'll have to make. Just one thing to keep in mind. Just like XM Radio, never pay full price for OnStar either.

https://www.onstar.com/web/portal/planspricing

Sube