: Engine Suddenly Stops

WILMOTH
10-26-04, 06:08 PM
I have a 1999 Seville with 55,000 miles. I bought the vehicle new and have had no mechanical problems until now. Suddenly, without notice and with no OBD lights or codes the engine just quits. After a few minutes the engine will start and run as though nothing is wrong. I have determined that the fault may lie with either the crankcase sensor or the igition module. However, I purchased a scanner to check for any fault codes and none were recorded. I would appreciate any infomation concerning my proplem. Also, where is the crankshaft senor located, and how hard is it to change? Thanking you in advance. Mike

Ralph
10-26-04, 06:12 PM
I'm not sure if you needed to purchase a a scanner Mike. You can retrieve codes from the dash. Check out the electrical section and the info is at the top.

Also, you should re post this in the Seville or Northstar section because more people will see it there.

CADDYBLACK99
10-27-04, 08:26 AM
Welcome Mike!

Here is the OBD link:http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6853.
Check to see if any code was logged. I have a 99' Concours and mine would stall/die about 10-14 minutes into the morning commute?! I know the dealer found a code. I'll have to check my service slip to see it if it mentions the problem. It may be a few days...as I am a Red Sox Believer! Not getting much sleep the past two weeks and only able to read mail for about an hour in the morning. Talk to you soon. Thanks for joining the forum.
:welcome:
Paul

WILMOTH
11-02-04, 06:13 PM
Hi Paul. Did You Ever Get A Chance To Check The Code The Dealer Found? And/or What Fix Was Performed To Solve Your Problem? I Am Leaning To Replacing The Ignition Switch But Would Like To Be Sure Before I Spend The Bucks.

Mike