: Back in the Cadillac saddle again!!

carnut
09-14-11, 07:29 PM
Well I just bought an 84 Sedan deVille with 90,000 miles from a widow. Light metallic sky blue with blue cloth. The car looks 2 years old. Been away for awhile here because I had an 86 BMW 325 and was on that forum with a bunch of young kids. This next week I'm installing keyless entry and I've already put in the HOMELINK rolling code garage opener. Next week, auto dimming mirror and an express down window module for the drivers door glass! I have no idea how to get pictures from my phone on here to explain these mods. This will be my 9th Cadillac.

Robin Banx
09-14-11, 08:59 PM
Pix please............R.

csbuckn
09-14-11, 09:41 PM
Post your results from the auto dimming mirror and window thing please. How do you plan on wiring it?

dennis93coupe
09-14-11, 09:50 PM
Well I just bought an 84 Sedan deVille with 90,000 miles from a widow. Light metallic sky blue with blue cloth. The car looks 2 years old. Been away for awhile here because I had an 86 BMW 325 and was on that forum with a bunch of young kids. This next week I'm installing keyless entry and I've already put in the HOMELINK rolling code garage opener. Next week, auto dimming mirror and an express down window module for the drivers door glass! I have no idea how to get pictures from my phone on here to explain these mods. This will be my 9th Cadillac.

The express window module should be easy if you can get a wiring diagram for the model year module you get. Junkyards can be your second best friend.

carnut
09-14-11, 11:48 PM
The forum here called "junkyard tech" has the write up on the express module. I've done 3 so far. My 84 Eldo both doors and my 86 BMW. The mirror is a simple 2 wire hook up. One to ground the other to a switchable hot wire in the fuse box, like the radio fuse. The 3rd wire to brighten the mirror in reverse I never hook up. I will post the how to's.

Bro-Ham
09-15-11, 10:20 AM
Congratulations on the new addition to your car family! Does it have a vinyl top? Sounds like you're putting in some fun extras - I have the auto dim mirror in my 79 Cad and I love it since it has outside temp and compass plus Homelink and also map lights..all in one mirror! The express down windows sound cool - let us know how all this works out for you! Dave :)

Lord Cadillac
09-15-11, 10:35 AM
Welcome back! Do post pictures when you can. :)

Cadillacboy
09-17-11, 04:32 PM
9th Caddy , sounds mean
:highfive:

carnut
10-19-11, 08:06 PM
Got side tracked on the mirror and express window mod. Had to fix a non op cruise control and devil possessed climate control. Now I know why she sold it!! would go from full heat to full cold from the dah when set to 65 degrees. faulty programmer.