: New owner checking in from Ontario

Ontario_CTSV
09-14-11, 08:17 PM
Hey All,

Picked up a 2010 CTSV a few weeks ago: black, very low kms, and loaded. Awesome vehicle and still getting use to all this power!

My previous vehicle was a Grand Cherokee SRT8 so obviously a completely different driving experience. The GC was much easier to launch with the AWD, so will need to search the forum on some tips...I've hit the rev limiter more than once so far :)

Anyway, already been in contact with Jesse on the wait4me tune (I've learned that much so far!) and trying to make a decision on a CAI.

cheers,
Rob

SPEED74V
09-14-11, 10:07 PM
Hey All,

Picked up a 2010 CTSV a few weeks ago: black, very low kms, and loaded. Awesome vehicle and still getting use to all this power!

My previous vehicle was a Grand Cherokee SRT8 so obviously a completely different driving experience. The GC was much easier to launch with the AWD, so will need to search the forum on some tips...I've hit the rev limiter more than once so far :)

Anyway, already been in contact with Jesse on the wait4me tune (I've learned that much so far!) and trying to make a decision on a CAI.

cheers,
Rob

You wouldn't be disappointed with the New Era CAI. I put mine on about a week ago and the sound is amazing. I love hearing the SC whine and the little extra power never hurts either.

1fastfamilycar
09-14-11, 11:37 PM
+1 on the New Era CAI. I'm very happy with the quality & performance....

Welcome to a fellow Canadian :yup:

Ontario_CTSV
09-14-11, 11:58 PM
thanks! will check new era out.

newcadman
09-15-11, 09:15 AM
Welcome aboard. You've definitely come to the right forum for finding the best tips and info.

BTW, a small group of local V owners are planning on hitting the 1/4 mile track ( Cayuga) in the near future, so if interested, feel free to PM me for more info.

garfin
09-15-11, 10:15 AM
:welcome:
Congratulations on your purchase and all I can tell you is that the more you drive the car, the more you'll appreciate it! There are definitely a good number of us on this forum who live in the GTA.
I'm guessing you have a manual if you're saying you've bounced off the rev limiter? If that's the case, I'm sure you'll figure out how to avoid doing that soon enough by fine tuning your ear to the noise level in the cabin (or lack of it!) and disciplining yourself to watch the flashing tracer lights in the tach. (they start flashing around 5500 rpm so you've got lots of time to shift LOL!)
It took me a little while...

Enjoy, and drive it safely and in the best of health! :)

Best regards,

Elie

sybersport
09-19-11, 06:10 AM
Welcome! And enjoy the cooler temps that are hitting us in Ontario... the V loves it ;)

whytediamond
09-20-11, 02:46 PM
Welcome! And enjoy the cooler temps that are hitting us in Ontario... the V loves it ;)

Especially the white ones, lol.