: She's getting painted today

Adam
10-26-04, 05:43 PM
well, i dropped her off at 10:00 this morning. the guy is gonna paint it and hopefully it should be done next week. either at the end of this week or beginning of next. kandy blue w/ pinstripping, gold handles, and the gray faded rub strip will be white. in the mean time ill be driving my Deville.

Ralph
10-26-04, 05:55 PM
Sounds cool. Be sure to post some pics when it is done!

I hope they don't go joyriding/racing in it. :lildevil:

AElayyat
10-26-04, 06:17 PM
Familar sounding story...having the FWB painted and rolling around in a FWD DeVille....its all good. How much you paying for the paint job?

Adam
10-26-04, 07:45 PM
Ralph- I dont know how to post pics. actually, i cant at work and this is the only place i have internet access.

AElayyat- From what Gary said (the guy who is painting the car) it will be well over 1500.00. but seeing as ive known him for years he is doing it all for 600.00 dollars.

92brougham
10-26-04, 08:17 PM
where the hell is kingsport? dude...if u could hook me and my frends up for that price i could get you lots of customers..! let me know

Adam
10-26-04, 09:07 PM
well, he only did that price cause i know him. everyone else would be normal price. you can still come down here and get it painted. kingsport is in northeast tennessee. below virginia.

509Rider
10-26-04, 09:21 PM
Man that is cheap, a gallon of my base cost almost 500, and that was cost, be sure to post pics if possible.

Adam
10-26-04, 09:31 PM
ill try to post pics but more than likely ill have to send them to someone and theyll have to post them. that was the deal with the pics i took a while back and Jeffery G had to post them and everyone thought it was his car. Gary is getting me a damn good deal. he cut some corners and people owed him favors so he got it real cheap.

AElayyat
10-27-04, 12:05 AM
Not a bad price at all. Does the car need any body work?

Adam
10-27-04, 02:57 PM
yeah, there is a big dent on the top of the front fender well passenger side. theyll have to take out the light casing to get to it. there are a few door dings in it where people have hit it while getting out of their cars. other than that it is in good shape.

ocjmakaveli
10-27-04, 03:18 PM
i wish i could get that price damn low low price.

cheapest i can get with a pal is 2000 but he will remove all chrome etc. to paint it well in all areas and it will have a damn good finish so i cant complain i seen his work.

average place full retail price is minimum 3500 + for a good finish cotillion white

Adam
10-27-04, 08:29 PM
damn, 3500. that is expensive. my friend just got his car painted and it cost him just south of 2500. he was mad when i told him how much mine will cost and all the custom work going into it. oh well.

509Rider
10-27-04, 08:39 PM
You think 3500 is expensive try have you car painted by one of the best painters in the northwest I got my ass pounded for almost 7000, 3000 was just materials, took the door, trunk, hood, off car did not even need to be wet sanded though because they color sander it, looks like glass which is what I wanted, and I am really pickey.

Adam
10-27-04, 10:14 PM
:eek: damn. 7000. i did have that kind of money but had a problem and lost some of it. still, with everything im doing it will be nice.

ocjmakaveli
10-27-04, 10:44 PM
hope someone can give me good input on this how do you get a glass finish?

do more than one coat of clearcoat help?

i heard of some people spraying several coats of the clearcoat finish but i never seen the difference between the 2 and haven't been able to compare.

is it a nicer finish than the cadillac?

i notice my current paint looks great in the sun and stuff but in the garage it looks fuzzy and plan to do a polish this coming month

my paint guy says its not necessary to paint my car that a good polish will make it look new cause theres no chipping or rust on my cars paint but i been putting it off....

Adam
10-28-04, 05:31 PM
well, i seen it today. it is stripped down to bare metal. actually he was still working on the rear of it. some other guy i dont know was tapping everything off and he asked me if i wanted my emblems repainted. well, duh. :suspense: it is supposed to be primered either tomorrow or saturday and painted sunday and i should have it back tuesday or wednesday. damn i cant wait. and i am with ocj on the glass finish, how is it done?

davesdeville
10-28-04, 06:28 PM
How bad is a Macco Ambassador paint job? Cause I might be able to afford one of those, and right now there's spraypaint on part of the car - it has to look better than spraypaint..

Adam
10-28-04, 06:36 PM
i hear Macco isnt that good. a guy that lives around here got one and his is terrible. they told him it was done and he took it and it started raining and it washed off. his car looked-key word- terrible. he sued them and got his money. got a new paint job from the guy who is painting mine and it just one best paint in a local car show. but when mine is finished, nothing around here will touch it.

AElayyat
10-28-04, 06:57 PM
How bad is a Macco Ambassador paint job? Cause I might be able to afford one of those, and right now there's spraypaint on part of the car - it has to look better than spraypaint..

Macco is good if you need to sell a car and want a shine for only 2 years. Yeah they do a better job than spray painting but that is my experience with them. My 89 Deville was repainted two years ago by those clowns (at the time it was my dad's car), and my dad got the $600 paint job, and it looked great up until about 6-8 months ago. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

509Rider
10-28-04, 11:46 PM
To have a good paint job you have to use good materials ppg, house of color I think are some of the best. On my car everything was stripped doors, trunk,hood,rear fillers we stripped the entire drivers side to metal and the pass frontend due to rock chips, the color of my car has to be sprayed like a candy due to all of the pearl and gold metalic all the jambs were done first, than we put the car back together and based the outside 3 coats, then it was color sanded this will make the clear lay much flatter, after that I believe he rebased it with 2 more coats and 3 coats of clear, there was about 4 pieces of dirt in the whole car which is pretty lucky, we also removed all of the trim from the chrome and prepped and painted those which sucked, I paid a lot but there is not a lot of cars that you can look at the door jambs and it looks better than the outside of most other cars.

Adam
10-29-04, 04:34 PM
he is using house of color on mine. it got stripped yesterday and they are gonna start (or did start) this morning. i should have it back between monday and wednesday next week. cant wait. i also have to get the black vinyl off of the top and get a white soft top put on it.

Adam
10-30-04, 02:49 PM
ok, they are doing the body work and primer so it should get painted by sunday. should dry monday and i will hopefully get it back tuesday or wednesday.

Adam
11-02-04, 08:30 PM
well, i was supposed to get it back today but the guy just finished sanding it down. he was supposed to clean it up to get all the dust off of it and start the primer yesterday. hopefully he did. he said that he has been busy and is getting to it when he can. i saw it monday and it was all sanded down. there were a couple ricers there bugging him about putting on some vinyl prints on their cars. when we walked out to look at my car, all the little queers shut up. they were like, "damn that is a nice car. where did you get that thing? its a boat aint it." yes it is nice. a car dealership, and yes it is huge and will blow your cars off the road. gary showed everyone the color and man is it nice. and the color he showed was just the base color. he still has to add a pearl and the clear coat has to be applied. once finished it will be THE nicest car in east TN.

65calais1
11-02-04, 09:42 PM
Right on :thumbsup: if its one thing I cant stand is these guys with these ricers thinking they got something, then they put loud pipes on them to make things worse, they just sound like bumble bees on steroids. One day I was gassing up my caddy, and this primered ricer pulled up by us a guy said why are you making all that noise. He said thats nothin I build my motors "hard core" I thought to myself you wouldnt knoow "hard core" if it blow by you. Just wish there was a dragstrip near by. And my probably 150 thousand mile 429 would show him "hard core". By the way what color are you going with? Chris

Night Wolf
11-02-04, 09:45 PM
I was wondering... how good are those cheap Macco paint jobs?

all the horizontal surfaces on my Olds are (were) faded bad... the sides are nice though.... I have since spray painted the hood roof and truck...looks alot better then it did....

... I really like the color though... platnium metallic, it isn't worth getting a nice paint job done, but once I get the new door and fender on (which are red) I would like to get a simple silver paint job... I think they advertise like $300 or something.... how long would it last? and is it worth it?..... I have no problem with the way the car looks now... but whenever I get around to putting the new body panels on (well, need to pick them up form my fathers first....who knows when that will happen) I would like to get it repainted.......

Adam
11-02-04, 09:52 PM
65- It is going to be kandy blue, pearl accented, & gold door handles. Cadillac will be on the back above both fender wells in pinstriping. it will also have a custom painted on pinstripe theme on the hood behind the ornament and on the back coming out from the ornament.

Night wolf- They are terrible, mine isnt being done by Macco. get a custom paint job. it will probably be more expensive but it would look better, and the first time it rains it wont wash off. that happened to a guy i know. i am getting a good price from a friend. it is all custom paint. i thought he was using House of Color but infact he is using PPG. it is 250 dollars a gallon.

65calais1
11-02-04, 09:56 PM
Kandy blue huh, I,m thinking of doing mine in kandy blue of somesort, post some pictures when you get it done if you can.

Adam
11-06-04, 02:23 AM
ill try to. my dad went up there today and helped them out with it. he helped paint it (yes, he knows what he is doing) and some other things. he said it looked purple to him. i saw the paint on the stir stick and it looked pretty blue but it did sorta fade to purple from certain angles and even to black. Gary said it is the pearl added into that does that. i was supposed to get it back last monday but they havent even finished it yet. they still have a few more coats and some vinyl stuff to do on it (i.e. pinstipes and other stuff). i hope ill get her back monday. Gary might put Gucci on the rear view mirrors. he has to find something he can go off of though. and a few other colors havent come in. the gold and the white have yet to show up and it is getting colder down here by the minute. it is supposed to drop down in the 20s tonight.

3lowlacs
11-06-04, 11:55 AM
Man that is cheap, a gallon of my base cost almost 500, and that was cost, be sure to post pics if possible.
ya i hear ya there,my paint was spendy too,,,,,,,,post pics asap :cool:

Adam
11-06-04, 04:26 PM
ill try, im not to good with it. i had to have a mod post the last pics i took of it when it was stock and everyone thought it was his. and i cant post pics at work. :annoyed:

3lowlacs
11-06-04, 05:23 PM
we can wait :mad: i guess

Adam
11-06-04, 06:05 PM
if you want to see my car stock look a couple pages back. it is titled "Finally got pics of my Fleetwood." JefferyG posted it but it is mine. here, try this:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21765

92brougham
11-10-04, 11:40 AM
post pics soon man!!! ASAP I WANNA SEE IT SO BAD... SOUNDS LIKE ITLL LOOK SICK!

Adam
11-10-04, 06:18 PM
workin on it. i was supposed to get it today. they said today at 5 but it wont be finished. so i should get pics tomorrow. ill try and post but i doubt i can. unless someone can do it for me.

Insomniac
11-11-04, 02:16 AM
it's not hard. first get an account at www.photobucket.com which is free and a snap to do. upload the pic from your computer or digital camera onto your account. then place the url for the pic which is shown on your account's gallery between the picture UBB tags by pressing the image icon and typing in the required information. the code should look something like this:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/----/----.jpg[/IMG

the finel result will be the picture displayed at the bottom of the screen: (example)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Insomniac119/cutlass2.gif

Insomniac
11-14-04, 11:18 PM
if you want, i'll do it. email them to me at bmxr105@sbcglobal.net

man, i want to see the pics! lol.

Adam
11-16-04, 05:01 PM
they are posted in another thread. look in my Fleetwood (hope it works) thread. scroll down a little and there they are.