: Cadillac ext reliable? I dont think so.

Sta11ion
10-26-04, 05:11 PM
I have had numerous problems with my truck know, I have reached a point of frustration with these issues. First off my truck still makes a clucking sound when it shifts to second and third. They say this is normal I have driven another 5 trucks not one of them has this issue, then my airconditioning never worked at idle they installed a fan on the evap, that solved that problem but when they installed that know my air does not work in defrost mode all I here is the compressor clicking on and off every few seconds. Know my heat does not work when I am in idle my temp sensor reads 24 degree outside meanwhile its 10 c. Also after thes dealership royfoss in toronto adjusted the pulleys because the belts squeaked know my truck feels like its skipping when I do full raduis turns. I have brought it back numerous times. I have asked to speak to a dsm but gm canada said thats only when the dealership cant fix the promblems that they get back to the dsm its only dealer to dsm, not dsm to customer. THis dealership royfoss is terrible I will be bringing my truck to a new dealer called martin grove at victoria and eglington I will tell you how it goes. Please no one bring your truck to royfoss they are just terrible.

hcvone
10-26-04, 05:14 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles, no one could blame you for wanted to get another model car or truck, I personally had not had any problems in 2 years, but if I did get a problem car or truck it would be out of here, just do not have the time to spend at a car dealer.

Rolex
10-26-04, 06:12 PM
I will be bringing my truck to a new dealer called martin grove at victoria and eglington I will tell you how it goes.

Sounds like a wise decision. Some dealers are shady and others are outstanding. Keep looking until you find the latter, and stick with them when you find a good one. Good luck! :D

ALLeyez187onME
10-26-04, 11:39 PM
If it makes you feel any better, when i have my a.c on full blast, my engine will sometimes make wierd sounds like its gonna shut off on me,(start idling at lower rpm's than usual)

fast66
10-27-04, 12:42 AM
If it makes you feel any better, when i have my a.c on full blast, my engine will sometimes make wierd sounds like its gonna shut off on me,(start idling at lower rpm's than usual)

You gotta get you Throttle Body cleaned out. You can go to the dealer for that.

T_Dogg8
10-27-04, 08:39 AM
sorry to hear about your troubles. hopefully the new dealer will help. i love my EXT.

Sta11ion
10-27-04, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys, what makes it aggravating is bringing the truck in and they cant fix the truck. To me its more of being lied to, just be straight forward and tell me that we at ROyfoss have tried numerous times trying to fix your truck. But we cannot fix it, that would save me time bringing it in when I really dont have the time but I want it fixed. Lets see if marvin star can fix it I will bring it later today in.

Sta11ion
10-29-04, 05:01 PM
They told me that the heat in park after thirty minutes is normal if it doess not work, because it was not designed for this?I called Gm Canada and I will bring it back to royfoss, for them to look at it because now my heat does not work at all only on full blast. I am so pissed off with this, everything is normal water going into the passenger compartment normal?, clacking sound when shifting from 2 to third, no heat, moaning sounds when turning the wheels.I am getting so mad just thinking about it. It makes me what to drive the trunk threw the head office of gmcanada. This is foolish talking like this but its so hard to explain my frustrations with this truck. I dont know whats worth gmcanada customer service or the truck it self I will blame it on gmcanada, I own a piece of property across a dealership in T.O I think I will polish the trunk up put a big sign up on top of it and put you dont what to buy this truck and put explaination around it why? I like this idea, I feel better just thinking about it. :)

SilverFleetwood85
10-29-04, 05:44 PM
I don't own an EXT but I have looked at them and do know that EXTs are made in Mexico not in the USA. I think that this is a reason that most of them have problems. The workers at the plant in Mexico are most likely underpaid and not trained properly to make these cars causing many to have quality problems. Besides in my view a Cadillac should be made in the USA. I think that Canada gets the same ones that are made at the plant in Mexico as the US. I shoud add that I think it is unfortunate that GM cannot pay as well, or give the same benefits like they do in the US to the workers in their plants in Mexico.

T_Dogg8
11-01-04, 08:36 AM
where it's built shouldn't have anything to do with it. these manufacturing jobs don't take a scientist to do. if they are properly trained, then the quality should be the same. if the quality is low, it's gm's fault, not the workers. just because they're in mexico and likely underpaid doesn't mean they don't know how to operate the machine they work on.

SilverFleetwood85
11-01-04, 05:07 PM
where it's built shouldn't have anything to do with it. these manufacturing jobs don't take a scientist to do. if they are properly trained, then the quality should be the same. if the quality is low, it's gm's fault, not the workers. just because they're in mexico and likely underpaid doesn't mean they don't know how to operate the machine they work on.

Interesting point, but then why did GM decide to build a Plant in Mexico instead of the United States to build these SUVs?

T_Dogg8
11-02-04, 08:26 AM
Interesting point, but then why did GM decide to build a Plant in Mexico instead of the United States to build these SUVs?
less pay does not equal less quality. they chose mexico for cheap labor. i've worked on the business side of manufacturing plants and we have strived for total quality along all the lines. not everyone working those lines were real bright, but even they were trained to do the job properly. you can't assume because they're getting paid less that they'll do a worse job. i get paid less than my coworkers, yet if you ask the users we deal with, they think i do the best job, and they prove that by calling me when there's a problem.