: New member, cts-v wagon ordered, 04 vette sold

adrian-s
09-13-11, 10:49 PM
Recently sold my 2004 vette coupe and placed an order this weekend for a 2012 white cts-v wagon.

Can't wait for the arrival!

Status code has gone from 1100 to 2500 in two days, wondering how long the rest of the process will take. Right now the dealer is dealing with fixing the order, as they forgot to include the sunroof I asked for, hopefully that is resolved tomorrow.

-adrian

velopod
09-13-11, 11:06 PM
My 2012 CTS-V Wagon is also on order and should be build along side yours ;-)

Funny - reading all about how few of these cars there are ... they must ALL be on here!

elphil
09-14-11, 12:01 AM
Welcome to the V-Wagon circle. Waiting is the hardest part.

SecretWeapon
09-14-11, 08:57 AM
Kind of like waiting for Christmas. Enjoy.

Tuna
09-14-11, 09:01 AM
Too bad you couldn't keep the Vette also. It's nice to have both a Vagon and a Vette in the garage.

The wait killed me also but it's worth it.

adrian-s
09-16-11, 10:17 PM
latest news, the original car order (missing sunroof) is at event status 3000. Dealership is waiting for response from GM that it can be sent back to fix the order to have the right options I asked for. In the interim, they ordered a second car with the right options on Tuesday, which has been sitting at 1100 since then. Fingers crossed this is resolved quickly, as I've already sold the vette and truck in anticipation of the new car.

-adrian

dcc8203
09-17-11, 02:24 AM

I just picked up my Vagon today after ordering in late June. Had to wait through the summer shut down. What a great ride it is (I say after 30 minutes seat time!)

I sold my 09.5 G8 GXP in June and was limping around in a Malibu all summer. Bummer, but taught me patience at the very least.

All I can say is it will be worth the wait!

adrian-s
09-20-11, 07:25 PM
Congrats on the new ride! June - September ... man that must have been rough. Glad it finally showed up for you.

Latest news on the two orders....

The first order is still at 3000, a TPW of 10/17 has been added. The dealership says it should come back to them tonight to make the edit and put the sunroof on that they forgot. We'll see what happens to the event code and TPW once that happens. Wouldn't surprise me if it ended up delaying past the second order timeline because of the edit.

The dealership says the second order is at 2500 right now, so if the timing is consistent with the first, it'll likely hit 3000 in a few days and get a TPW of 10/24 in a week or so.

Michigan to Florida delivery I'm guessing will be about two weeks, so I anticipate delivery around October 31st to November 11th.

-adrian

dcc8203
09-20-11, 11:38 PM
Did you order Recaros? There is another thread here about them being on back order and causing production delays. :mad:

SilveRT8
09-21-11, 12:34 AM

I just picked up my Vagon today after ordering in late June. Had to wait through the summer shut down. What a great ride it is (I say after 30 minutes seat time!)

I sold my 09.5 G8 GXP in June and was limping around in a Malibu all summer. Bummer, but taught me patience at the very least.

All I can say is it will be worth the wait!

Congrats, Very nice ride!!
Ordered mine in late June also, but has not shown up yet.
I dig the tint on your windows, what % shade did you get ? Front side and back ?

adrian-s
09-21-11, 05:17 AM
Did you order Recaros? There is another thread here about them being on back order and causing production delays. :mad:

No recaros for me... I tried both seats out and preferred the stock ones.

dcc8203
09-21-11, 07:58 AM
Congrats, Very nice ride!!
Ordered mine in late June also, but has not shown up yet.
I dig the tint on your windows, what % shade did you get ? Front side and back ?

To be honest, I'm not sure what the % is, except it's legal in TX. They're fairly strict on that here. Sides and back. No sunroof to worry about!

FLTRI
09-21-11, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the club (V-lub?)!

I was originally planning on getting a 2012 Vagon early next year, as I too had to clear the stable to make room. I decided to take a few pics of what I had planned on selling, just so I had good shots to list on eBay. I went ahead and listed everything just for kicks, and much to my surprise everything sold in the same week, for my asking price. Two motorcycles and a boat, gone...

Had my dealer do a search for what I wanted and found this, in Boston. Last black over gray loaded Vagon in the country, and it came at a substantial discount...

The car is ridiculous, best way I can describe it. You're going to love it, but it's like an 8 year old waiting for Christmas morning!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/FLTRI/CTSV001-1.jpg